Thread: Coaching - Defending Off Ball Screens

Default Coaching - Defending Off Ball Screens

What are your rules for this..

personally i like to switch with contact on the cutter,
    while mis matches will happen, teams often get stuck trying to double team the post.

what i like to do is double team, deny jsut all out pressure the players who give the ball to the mismatch, if they can get a pass off it should be slow and weak, and can be picked off...

what are your thoughts?

Default on balls

Only one way to defend it. Hard show from the screeners defender then get through and stay with assignments.

Effective at all ages
    'Can anyone defend the shuffle? - GET ON THE TIGERS!!!!'

Default Re: on balls

Quote Originally Posted by pimpdaddy
    Only one way to defend it. Hard show from the screeners defender then get through and stay with assignments.

Effective at all ages
    not the only way,
    for example my teams put alot of pressure on everyone and alot of double teams, fake double teams, and is very well organsied so contact switching works fine, because even if there is a mismatch, good luck getting the ball to the guy who has that mismatch...

We switch all guard to guard screens. Big to little screens are either switched or sometimes not depending on if it's a big we've scouted that we know will punish mismatches. On those we show hard then slide through. Most of the time we switch though. I'm with Expertise on this one......mismatches might beat you sometimes but open shots always beat you.