Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBL Fantasy 2017

Dtlive down tonight , anyone know why?
    Sticking with Tyler and starting him looks to have paid the dividends. Ellis low score and injury sucks but a large chunk of teams have him and I didnít captain him so not the worst. Going mccarron over Randle for the 6th man spot also a pass for me as randles only outscored mccarron by 7, before their cairns game. Gives me .5mill also extra
    WAXY REBORN
    DT: 11
    Fantasy: 36

2013/14 Ranking: 4th
    2014/15 Ranking: 31st
    2015/16 Ranking: 125th
    2016/17 Ranking: 33rd

Only one team in the top 20 or so doesn't have Ellis and only one team has him as captain from a quick check.

What is his injury and is he done for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    Only one team in the top 20 or so doesn't have Ellis and only one team has him as captain from a quick check.

What is his injury and is he done for a while?
    Missed the game but believe he popped his shoulder in the first couple of mins but came back on and apparently looked sore.

Rose up to 48th overall with a weekly ranking of 22. Excited for lockout to open to see my cap as most of my guys had a really good week. Have quite a few trade options for this week, depending on whether Perry Ellis is expected to miss time or not . Goal for next few weeks is to integrate adelaide players while departing my NZ players. Also will need to grab a second Cairns player at some point, Egwu is the likely target. Reuben Te Rangi is also a really nice downgrade option if you need the cap space, although most are already running Walker as their backup SF.
    WAXY REBORN

Down to 16th after a poor week. Have had a good run of luck so was bound to happen I guess.

Ellis out will throw a spanner in my plans though. Have been away so don't know the story but I think it was posted somewhere that it's an 1-2 weeks thing.

Big call for me is whether to gamble against Tyler having another great week. Will have to watch the game replays to help me decide.

Carrying Holt who is giving nothing and losing cash but need him in a couple of weeks.

Up to 69th with 593.

Ellis to Tyler and DKD to Drmic or Weeks. Who is the better option between Weeks/Drmic?

I just dumped Drmic. Deep roster at the 2 and 3 hurting his minutes.

Are we sure Ellis will miss this week? Puts a small spanner in my plans, mostly for week 11 (ADL/SYD double)
    Cap of 14.19mill, I've seen a few higher but pretty happy with that.

Think my trades will be:
    Delany > Childress
    Cotton > Creek

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie2nation View Post

Ellis to Tyler and DKD to Drmic or Weeks. Who is the better option between Weeks/Drmic?
    how about Steindl? Worse schedule but more upside I'd think.
    WAXY REBORN

Creek 0 and injury sucks, but atleast some solace to see cotton only getting 18. Tokoto double double really hurts right at the end there. Waxy benched ARGH

Devised a little plan to net me 5 starters the next 2 weeks with 6th man being creek or walker. Unfortunately a SF combo of creek walker and buford doesn't really work for round 12 which is a bit annoying but all 3 are basically untradeable.
    Time to cash out on NZ players, but I have to wait a week on Ili because other priorities first. PG combo of Trice/Shorter looks good over the next few weeks. As does a SG combo of Sobey/Mccarron. Hope Tyler has a few big rounds coming up. Unfortunately the max of 100k rise a week will hurt as he will only peak to 134k max by round 12 when I wanted to do a straight swap to Boone.

Held Ellis this round. Hope he plays. He is likely gone next week to Kickert anyway. Noticed I would have PF/C flex with Kickert and Tyler but I won't need to use it all if things go to plan. Actually on second thought, could maybe use it to flex Kickert to centre so I can trade Tyler to DJ or Carrera in a few weeks time.

Who to pick out of Jervis and Egwu for next week and the next month or so. Same price, same average, Egwu has one more double in round 14 but things could be very different by then.

Lots of options and too much planning for me this morning. Things can change at any moment and well devised plans can be ruined by a single injury (Ellis and Creek the last 2 weeks)
    WAXY REBORN

Also, Redhage's team is already set for next week. Has PG/SG/SF/C already on doubles. If he wants, he can downgrade Randle (or Sosa) to a 6th man on either team, and upgrade Delany to Kickert or Loughton. Either way his team still has options for round 11 too as he has 3 players from that week on doubles already (PG/PF/C). The only thing keeping us close to Redhage is him not having Newbill, and some rough form by Sosa recently. Also looks like he is playing the safe captain option each week (tokoto week 7, buford this week after his big round).
    WAXY REBORN

661 and up to 41st.

Hmm fell a little that round to 75th. 5 of my starters were good but I was got demolished at the 6th man as Cotton went for 79 , who I traded out for Creek and his 0. Compounded by Creek being out for 3 weeks, frankly that sucked.

Creek to Kickert,
    Brandt to Jervis.

got 5 on doubles for this week. Have 3 guys ready for next week (ADE/SYD) but might struggle to get the 5 I want on doubles (+ Sobey/Shorter).

Looks like Boones stat padding effort yesterday really boosted you right up the rankings FTSOS. What was your round position?
    WAXY REBORN

Thanks Ingles. Bad luck with Creek as I liked the trade.

I had slipped to 2000 (ish) for the round and to 54th position overall after the first lot of games for the week. Pretty much every one of my starting players bar Tyler performed poorly and a repeat would have virtually put me out of contention

BUT

Every player by Tyler blitzed their second game and I finished 14th for the round and am now 6th overall. I just hope my luck continues because my team is not as set up as many and I have to wiggle my way through.

Boone will start on singles but I just don't see any centre out there who will put 30 points or more on a double on his single.

Yes I did notice you slipped below me at one stage this week in the overall rankings ftsos. Now you're 200 points ahead of me! That's the power of a nice captain pick which was somewhat of a POD due to schedule despite averaging 45
    WAXY REBORN

I often take this approach (which also doesn't often work).

If I think a captain choice is close to 50/50 and it looks like one of the two will be far more popular (as was obvious with Buford) I will chose the other.

Its like playing a game of heads or tails when 90% of the people stand on one side I will cross to the other as you eliminate or move ahead of a lot more people in one go if your 50/50 comes off.

That's the luck of this game and it's that luck that separates all of us who know what they are doing. Knowing what we are doing and understanding the game moves us ahead of more than 90% of the punters and then luck puts us in our overall position within that smaller group. Just look at the top 10 leagues and it shows its not all luck.

Really struggling to make the transition through the next 2 rounds. Looking at lots of teams and most have similar problems.

Anyone think it's time to cut Waxy loose? With Waxy and Chill at similar prices and Chill having a better short term schedule and extra minutes for a few weeks I am seriously considering it. I saw a short one minute spell last game where he got absolutely lost at both ends of the court which made me think he is starting to return to normality.

I need Holt to do something for the first time in quite a while this week. I am starting him on a double and hoping he can average at least 25 a game.

Would really like to bring Bubbles in for later at his bargain price but while I have the cash I cant spare a trade for the next few weeks.

Not much other value out there until Carrera returns. Any word on when he is due to return.

I am reluctant to trade Waxy. His 15 rebound, 11 offensive game was incredible. Chill only scored 27 last game without Creek so I'm not sure if I want to make that trade or not.

Taking a massive gamble on Scoochie this week so here's hoping that goes down. Also bought in DJ to set myself up for the ADL doubles.

Trice
    Holt
    Buford (C)
    DJ
    Kickert
    Schoochie

Cotton
    Newbill
    JPT
    Deng
    Humphries

I really don't feel confident about this Schoochie trade at all.

Cotton and Newbill out for Sobey and Newley

Scored 548 for the week , my trade in of Scoochie was terrible when I had Egwu in before I reversed it. This week its time to move Brisbane to the bench, and then trade out Newbill and Cotton, and bring in Sobey and Newley.

Trice
    Sobey
    Buford
    DJ
    Humphries
    Newley

Smith
    Holt
    JPT
    Deng
    Kickert

Seriously considering bringing in Ware sometime soon, surely he's gotta go pop.

Beautiful! I can just afford my planned trades, which leave my team set up well for doubles in the coming weeks.

OUT: Newbill and Ili
    IN: Shorter and Sobey

Shorter
    Sobey
    Buford
    Childress
    Tyler
    Ellis

Trice
    Mccarron
    Walker
    Kickert
    Jervis

5 on doubles this week. Have 5 ready for next week on doubles and will look to trade Ellis for a 6th man . It sucks he is losing money as he is well below what his season average should price him at. Hopefully he gives me a big round to hurt those who dumped him. Newbill and Ili have both been very good for me and I thank them for their 900k cap increase.
    WAXY REBORN

Hanging in and sitting in 5th spot....still....which surprised me as expected to drop a little last round. Inherited a few extra Boone points once things were reviewed and his DD points awarded. The price rise was actually more important than the points because it makes it tougher for those without him to bring him in as captain next round.

Only 30 or so behind anyone not named Redhage so all very good from a position perspective.

I do have a lot lower cap than nearly all the others around the lead so will keep working the angles to try to stay in touch. As long as Boone pumps out close to what other C's get on their doubles I will be OK I think.

Captain choice this week is tough.

Randle, Tyler (the second half version), Newley (who is a bit of a POD), DJ probably all have similar claims. Ellis, Sobey, Chill just a little bellow them.

Struggling to decide.

Will probably only have 4 on doubles and unfortunately I have Buford locked on the bench behind Chill so I will have to have an inferior player starting on a single.

Bringing in Moore for Drmic.

Doing a little analysis on Redhage's team.
    Last week I'm 90% sure he traded Sosa and Humphries to Holt and Tyler. This trade netted him about 30k or so, so we can only assume he is fairly low on money. Redhage has been playing a safe, conservative game since he topped the rankings. Going with popular common picks and captaining based on form from the previous week. This has allowed him to hold his lead from some big weeks by Buford.

Looking into this week, he has 3 guys on doubles, and I think he will start Buford.

PG: Randle
    SG:
    SF:
    PF: DJ
    C: Tyler
    6th:

I reckon he will start Buford at SF, and can make trades around him. 3 of the most obvious trades in for this round are Sobey, Moore and Childress. If I was in his position I would probably be trading out Cotton and Holt, based on schedules and team formation. This would give him enough money to afford Moore and Childress, potentially being able to afford Sobey if he has an extra 100k or so in the bank. Based on form I think these should be the trades he will make. That would leave him with a team of

PG: Randle
    SG: Moore
    SF: Buford
    PF: DJ
    C: Tyler
    6th: Childress

5 on doubles, and the highest averaging player in the comp on a single, one of the strongest lineups this week. These trades leave him with only 4 ready on the double next week, and not the greatest options as he loses the PG/SG/6th man flex he has with his DPP guard roster.

Something I like doing about this stage of the season is analysing some of the top teams and seeing what they are likely to do.
    WAXY REBORN

Nice work.

I do the same in my head with teams around me.

Who does he captain?

Looks like we are hoping for a Randle horror weekend.

Boone the week after is his only vulnerability in the next few weeks.

Still think he is not eligible for prizes but I asked the question of the organisers in the contact us section and got zero response. Anyone else like to see if they get an answer.
    Last edited by fan since the old snakepit; 20-12-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Hmm you said above Drmic out for Moore. Sosa is basically useless for you now with their singles and he isn't really in great form. If you have the money I'd think maybe a Shorter trade is on the cards. Otherwise maybe downgrading Holt for Te Rangi as your second trade which will allow you to start Buford on the single. Delany, Holt and Sosa look to be the key issues clogging your team heading forward from here.
    WAXY REBORN