Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Twenty20 Basketball!

Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    Is this going to be on TV?
    One HD

Someone please let those of us without that coverage how it goes. It should be an interesting test of their basketball coverage.
    Suck it up Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    One HD
    Thanks.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    Is this going to be on TV?
    Hope this helps > > > (from previous posts in this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeTaylor View Post
    Press Release

21 January, 2010

ONE slam dunks its way into High Stakes Hoops

Network Ten today announced a return of local basketball to commercial free-to-air television with a new tournament ? the "Footlocker Elite Classic ? High Stakes Hoops" to air on ONE in April.

The competition, running from the 6th to 11th April in Adelaide will see more than 37 hours of LIVE basketball broadcast over five days on commercial free-to-air television. Steve Carfino and Bill Woods will host the coverage on ONE.

ONE broadcast schedule:

Tuesday 6 April &......
    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    I think it's fantastic to see, and that it's on One HD shows that Basketball can get onto FTA. I think the NBL/BA need to get on and see how this was setup!
    More info (and his thoughts) from Boti Nagy who was at the press conference:

Eight teams - the Pythons, Coasters, Rush, Fleet, Rays, Reef, Cyclones and Monarchs - will compete for $250,000 in prizemoney from April 6-11 at Brett Maher Court with all matches televised live on Network 10's One HD channel.
    Full press release with quotes from parties involved (JVG, Franklin, Goorjian):

....Network Ten and ECB have created a partnership which results in ONE broadcasting the 'Foot Locker Elite Classic - High Stakes Hoops' in its entirety - over 37 hours of live basketball on free-to-air commercial television.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice(s) View Post
    Maybe One HD are dipping their toes in with this and if they like the ratings might make a run at the NBL? I'd assume Maher will go into more detail about it all on Inside The Game tomorrow night. This is only a good thing for basketball in this country and I'll certainly be watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    This comp has done something that the NBL can't. Get FTA and interest. People will watch it one One HD and if they don't have any NBL players and the commentators say why, I think it will make the NBL look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Here is what Boti said today.
    ....Holmes said the NBLPA would meet this weekend to consider an official position regarding the independently-run Foot Locker Elite Classic High Stakes Hoops, the eight-team series scheduled for April 6-11 at Brett Maher Court and on ONE-HD free-to-air television.
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Preview of the "Game Breaker" backboard lights for the Elite Classic Tournament starting Tuesday in Adelaide on OneHD by brainchild Jvg. Good luck mate!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a look at the official game ball of the Elite Classic High Stakes Hoops by Spalding:
    Attached Images Attached Images

SO they're still doing this then?
    RIP Melbourne Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    SO they're still doing this then?
    No, they cancelled it a couple of months ago.
    James Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bogut (2 BLK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Richmond AKA Rock View Post
    Here's a look at the official game ball of the Elite Classic High Stakes Hoops by Spalding:
    wow... its round!

One HD has more than 12 hours straight of basketball on Tuesday! Loving it!
    http://pickandroll.com.au/
    Everything NBA | All About Basketball
    Twitter: @DamianArsenis

Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    wow... its round!
    Keen observation. You try getting Spalding to custom make a game ball for your company's basketball tournament.

Hoopcity is back with some ECB coverage. Quite a few interviews- http://www.hoopcity.com.au/
    James Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bogut (2 BLK)

Quote Originally Posted by angry ant View Post
    Hoopcity is back with some ECB coverage. Quite a few interviews- http://www.hoopcity.com.au/
    Thanks, aa. Good interviews. I didn't know Lonnie Harrell was an And1 player. Sounds like he is a big trash talker so it's appropriate he's on Copeland's team.

JR is obviously saving his material for his blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Richmond AKA Rock View Post
    Keen observation. You try getting Spalding to custom make a game ball for your company's basketball tournament.
    no but i seriously appreciate your efforts to advertise on this medium. keep those products coming. who got the contract to supply the singlets for instance?
    Last edited by jjj; 06-04-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added thought

Default Results

Can someone direct me in the right direction to the results of all the games and stats?

Smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by outer east View Post
    Can someone direct me in the right direction to the results of all the games and stats?
    No, because apparently they don't exist. A Major oversight by the organisers, I would have thought. I believe Boti has done a wrap-up of yesterday's games...try the Advertiser online.

Such a pity. A great idea ruined by being half-arsed with the details.
    "I think it's time to discuss your uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour"

Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    Such a pity. A great idea ruined by being half-arsed with the details.
    And quarter-arsed on the marketing.
    RIP Melbourne Tigers.

I would imagine that One would be paying attention to how well guys like Ronaldson and Rillie are coming across on camera. I'm hoping they snap up Rillie for their broadcast team if he is available. He's a real character, it comes across well on camera and appears to have a great rapport with a lot of the players.

It's characters that the broadcast needs... anyone can be a stiff and just deliver stock standard material.

http://eliteclassic.wordpress.com/

day one stats here. i'd imagine day two will follow

it's do or die thursday for 4 teams.......... Expect some serious passion as these guys fight for their chance to grab about $15k each if they win it all. Day 3 has 2 do-or-die games, and 2 exhibition games.

all game results and standings from Day 1+2 are up > http://www.hoopcity.com.au/eliteclassic.php
    Last edited by DC@Hoopcity; 08-04-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Big crowds.

Wouldn't this have been better suited to the Adelaide equivalent of MSAC (if such a thing exists) or actual MSAC, at least until finals?
    RIP Melbourne Tigers.