Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 196

Thread: Twenty20 Basketball!

  1. #51

    Default

    Poor Corey, why do they keep getting his nickname wrong (see headline in article)??

    Here's an NBL player's perspective on the event:
    http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...915_sport.html

  2. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Will you validate my parking?
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Dodge,

    what is your affiliation with this competition? You take any criticism quite harshly.
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    Yeah, such as the highly exciting "other team holds the ball up when they have it to kill as much of the three minutes as possible" strategy.
    Use it late in the quarter, foul to stop the clock and put them to the line. That will be just as exciting, free throw line ups.

  4. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    Dodge,

    what is your affiliation with this competition? You take any criticism quite harshly.
    I'm involved with it (ECB) behind the scenes, have been for the last few months and will be playing a role during the event in Adelaide.

    I don't think I'm taking criticism harshly but if I am I don't mean to. I'm just trying to provide information, answer some of the questions and I don't think people should jump to conclusions so early in proceedings.

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Will you validate my parking?
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps
    Yeah, such as the highly exciting "other team holds the ball up when they have it to kill as much of the three minutes as possible" strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallitron View Post
    Use it late in the quarter, foul to stop the clock and put them to the line. That will be just as exciting, free throw line ups.
    maybe they could play a game of bump to decide the winner instead of overtime.
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Free throws should be 2 points/shot.
    Unsportsmanlike the same, plus possession.
    Free throws for a flop, come off your score, & the opposition gets mid-court possession.
    3 flops & you're ejected.
    Technical fouls incur a pants drop penalty.
    Inadvertently stepping on the Brett Maher signature will bring a warning.
    Treading on the Brett Maher signature to put up a shot or play defence will put the opposition to the free throw line.
    Stomping on it will make the player a copy-cat tool & Ben of Findon will mouth expletives at the player in high definition.
    Haven't heard a whisper about who'll ref the series, but 2 refs with valid driving licenses would be a good starting point.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    Why the negativity?

    Goorj is quoted about it here:

    http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...006371,00.html
    How can they have access to the NCAA players home for their break?
    This is a pro tournament surely, with prize monies?

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bev View Post
    How can they have access to the NCAA players home for their break?
    This is a pro tournament surely, with prize monies?
    If they win (sharing in the $250,000), they'll never have to work another day in their lives.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  9. #59

    Default

    Would've liked to have seen a reduction in the shot clock to say 12 seconds. Now that really WOULD make it the equivalent of 20/20 cricket

  10. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    Would've liked to have seen a reduction in the shot clock to say 12 seconds. Now that really WOULD make it the equivalent of 20/20 cricket
    Half court violation of 4 seconds should make it cricket too.
    1.5 second key violations?
    Next you'll want to bowl a maiden over on FTA.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  11. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beware the Ozhoops circle jerk (apparently self defense is not a defense)
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    I'd have a dunk worth 3pts.
    No zone defense allowed

  12. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantremeber View Post
    I'd have a dunk worth 3pts.
    No zone defense allowed
    Agreed.
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  13. #63

    Default

    If dunks are worth 3 there will be lots of fouls given up to stop them. This is turning into a 48min foulfest.

  14. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    If dunks are worth 3 there will be lots of fouls given up to stop them. This is turning into a 48min foulfest.
    Those fouls will by definition be in the act of shooting & worth 3 free-throws, so that may dampen things a bit (dunks being fairly high %).
    How will the travel rule be blown? That's another interesting factor that's not been touched on yet.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  15. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    If dunks are worth 3 there will be lots of fouls given up to stop them. This is turning into a 48min foulfest.
    Well, if you're fouled in the act of shooting a three-pointer, it's three free throws

    EDIT: Sorry DDFan, you already said that.
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  16. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    How will the travel rule be blown?
    Right out of there!
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  17. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    Well, if you're fouled in the act of shooting a three-pointer, it's three free throws

    EDIT: Sorry DDFan, you already said that.
    That's OK, I'm faster on the keyboard that you are.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  18. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    That's OK, I'm faster on the keyboard that you are.
    Half an hour faster, it would appear.
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  19. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Liechtenstein Global Trust
    Posts
    3,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantremeber View Post
    I'd have a dunk worth 3pts.
    No zone defense allowed
    JVG was talking about this on Inside The Game tonight and said they seriously considered it but thought players might risk injury manically trying to go for dunks all the time during that period.
    "Human beings, as a species, have no more value than slugs"

    John Davis (editor, Earth First! Journal)

  20. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    Half an hour faster, it would appear.
    And disadvantaged by the time zone too.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  21. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Will you validate my parking?
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeTaylor View Post
    I'm involved with it (ECB) behind the scenes,
    thanks for your answer
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice(s) View Post
    JVG was talking about this on Inside The Game tonight and said they seriously considered it but thought players might risk injury manically trying to go for dunks all the time during that period.
    What's Inside the Game?

  23. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Liechtenstein Global Trust
    Posts
    3,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bring back the Bullets View Post
    What's Inside the Game?
    Weekly online TV basketball show hosted by Brett Maher & Kevin Brooks. It's on Fridays at 6:30pm EST.

    http://www.insidethegamelivetv.com/i.../liveshow.aspx
    "Human beings, as a species, have no more value than slugs"

    John Davis (editor, Earth First! Journal)

  24. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Way down south where I'm gonna be free.
    Posts
    2,107

    Default

    Also, one of the biggest criticisms leveled at basketball by non-fans is that it is too high scoring and fast-paced. So is this version going to actually attract new long-term supporters?
    RIP Melbourne Tigers.

  25. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Also, one of the biggest criticisms leveled at basketball by non-fans is that it is too high scoring and fast-paced. So is this version going to actually attract new long-term supporters?
    So you communicate with golfers & soccer/footy players outside of basketball.
    They'd have to love our occasional 9 point quarters wouldn't they?

    I'd bet they're ticket holding Goorj boys too.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •