Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 196

Thread: Twenty20 Basketball!

  1. #151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeTaylor View Post
    Hey guys,

    The rosters are a lot more complete than have actually been officially announced. Information about players and rosters will be gradually released over the next week or so. There are some big player announcements to come over the next few days so stay tuned!
    You guys should probably make your own forum too. This NBL one (which we have to pay for is a joke, just like stupid Poxtel) and Derek McRulemaker is worse than Chuck Harmison.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

  2. #152

    Default

    And P.S. Many NBL players who are keen to play are "waiting", with clubs holding them back while they await announcements regarding television coverage of the NBL. This announcement may come prior to the event allowing a number of the NBL players to fill out remaining spaces on the teams rosters.

  3. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angry ant View Post
    So far-
    Coasters
    Coach- Darryl McDonald
    Owner- Julie Corletto
    Players- Mike Helms, Bennett Davison, Brad Davidson, Sean Lampley
    I think that a couple of recently retired players will join that team....

  4. #154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeTaylor View Post
    And P.S. Many NBL players who are keen to play are "waiting", with clubs holding them back while they await announcements regarding television coverage of the NBL. This announcement may come prior to the event allowing a number of the NBL players to fill out remaining spaces on the teams rosters.
    Dodge not having a go here just really curious to see how this will pan out.

    If the NBL don't announce TV rights and therefore the clubs won't let their players go. Noting there will probably limited interest from ABA/SEABL/SBL/QABL/NZNBL (and any other state league I forgot) players because they are all in season at the moment, how are you going to a)fill all the teams and b) make it something that people are going to watch.

  5. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elphinkiller View Post
    Dodge not having a go here just really curious to see how this will pan out.

    If the NBL don't announce TV rights and therefore the clubs won't let their players go. Noting there will probably limited interest from ABA/SEABL/SBL/QABL/NZNBL (and any other state league I forgot) players because they are all in season at the moment, how are you going to a)fill all the teams and b) make it something that people are going to watch.
    Firstly, no problem about the question, people are obviously questioning the quality of players that will be involved.

    The rosters for most teams are actually not far off being full despite what is shown on the website. There are a number of big signings being named over the next few days.

    If NBL players don't end up playing, I believe the quality of the players on court will be well worth watching. The event should be less coached than normal league play so hopefully it will be a high-scoring, run'n gun style game which can be more entertaining to the general public.

    Regarding the NBL and the TV deals, maybe you'll hear more about that in the next few days.

    Finally, from an ECB perspective, news about the event is being released in a "slow reveal" type manner building up to the tournament. More and more information about players, rosters and much more will continue to be released in the upcoming weeks.

  6. #156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angry ant View Post
    So far-
    Coasters
    Coach- Darryl McDonald
    Owner- Julie Corletto
    Players- Mike Helms, Bennett Davison, Brad Davidson, Sean Lampley

    Cyclones
    Coach- Bruce Bolden
    Owner- Nick Blackwood and Dean Coulpasis
    Players- Terrance Woodbury, Mario Brown

    Fleet
    Coach- Ken Cole
    Owner- Brett Maher
    Players- Brett Maher, Willie Farley, Riley Luettgerodt, David Carson, Luke Schenscher

    Monarchs
    Coach- Al Green
    Owner- John de la Torre
    Players- Isiah Victor, Scott O?Gallaher, Galen Young, Rashad Tucker, Damon Thornton

    Pythons
    Coach- Mark Bradtke
    Owner- Buddy Franklin
    Players- Bobby Brannen, Vernon Goodridge, Tony Danridge, John Rillie, Tom Daly, Michael Florance

    Rays
    Coach- Matt Shanahan
    Owner- Patrick Reidy and Matt Shanahan
    Players- Freddy Robinson, David Fisher

    Reef
    Coach- Dale Ryan
    Owner- Dale Ryan and Stewart Briggs
    Players- Shane Edwards, Jelani Gardner

    Rush
    Coach- Sedale Threatt
    Owner- Lanard Copeland
    Players- Lonnie Harrell, Michael Boone, D?Lancy Carter, Mike Rose, Thalo Green
    so it wasn't compulsory for ALL international players to go into the draft. seems you couold pick up whoever you wanted - does this mean rules can be made up as they go along?

  7. #157

    Default

    How will these international players get a clearance in a hurry.

    Until players are all selected, what process enables them to be cleared in such a hurry?

    It seems that of very recent times the Immigration Dept has been asleep at the wheel in processing sporting Visas.
    Let's hope they are all cleared to play in time.

  8. #158

    Default

    Add BJ Carter to the Cyclones

  9. #159
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia.
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Add BJ Carter to the Cyclones
    Source?

  10. #160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxylady View Post
    so it wasn't compulsory for ALL international players to go into the draft.
    I thought the same - would it appear it was all a meek marketing ploy.
    NBL Dream Team 2014-15
    Overall Position - 323rd
    Points Scored - 8,028
    Ozhoops Group Ranking - 30th
    League - Ozhoops 1 - 8th

  11. #161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angry ant View Post
    Source?
    The horse's mouth

  12. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeTaylor View Post
    Firstly, no problem about the question, people are obviously questioning the quality of players that will be involved.

    The rosters for most teams are actually not far off being full despite what is shown on the website. There are a number of big signings being named over the next few days.

    If NBL players don't end up playing, I believe the quality of the players on court will be well worth watching. The event should be less coached than normal league play so hopefully it will be a high-scoring, run'n gun style game which can be more entertaining to the general public.

    Regarding the NBL and the TV deals, maybe you'll hear more about that in the next few days.

    Finally, from an ECB perspective, news about the event is being released in a "slow reveal" type manner building up to the tournament. More and more information about players, rosters and much more will continue to be released in the upcoming weeks.
    Cheers Dodge, thanks for the update it appears to be mute point now anyway.

    if it does fall south though and you need a few overweight 31 year olds with an erratic outside shot and questionable left hand just send me a PM.

  13. #163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elphinkiller View Post
    Cheers Dodge, thanks for the update it appears to be mute point now anyway.
    this might be moot but your point is silent

  14. #164
    Not long to go now, I personally can't wait to see more about the roster breakdowns!

    "Check out www.highstakeshoops.com tomorrow as the rosters of each club will be announced. Most teams are complete with a few exceptions. Also stay tuned for a massive player signing announcement on Thursday!"

  15. #165

    Default

    Add Kevin Lisch to one of the teams, not sure who yet (he wouldn't tell me) but he said he is going to be playing.
    Visit Can't Buy a Basket.

    Or follow us on twitter @cantbuyabasket

  16. #166
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Doing duty at Sutho Stadium
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R-Diddy View Post
    Add Kevin Lisch to one of the teams, not sure who yet (he wouldn't tell me) but he said he is going to be playing.
    It's sounding promising.
    A Stern Warning : NBA/NBL/FIBA.
    And Rise
    : Hoops / Culture / Design / Entertainment.

  17. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Will you validate my parking?
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R-Diddy View Post
    Add Kevin Lisch to one of the teams, not sure who yet (he wouldn't tell me) but he said he is going to be playing.
    its a team with a 4 letter name.
    Last edited by haggard; 30-03-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

  18. #168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    its the team that will sunburn I believe.
    Unfortunately, this is the only relative result when I searched for Albino basketball players


  19. #169
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Will you validate my parking?
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    he's shooting with his left hand.. thats Lisch I believe.
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

  20. #170

    Default

    New signings are now up at http://highstakeshoops.com/

    Cliff notes:
    Homicide
    Kevin Lisch
    Peter Crawford
    Chris Goulding
    Gibbo
    Bennett Davison
    Rashard Tucker

    I believe some more big names will be announced later in the week.

  21. #171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeTaylor View Post
    New signings are now up at http://highstakeshoops.com/

    Cliff notes:
    Homicide
    Kevin Lisch
    Peter Crawford
    Damian Martin
    Bennett Davison
    Rashard Tucker

    I believe some more big names will be announced later in the week.
    Fixed.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

  22. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Doing duty at Sutho Stadium
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    The old Rillie-Homicide combo is back together.
    A Stern Warning : NBA/NBL/FIBA.
    And Rise
    : Hoops / Culture / Design / Entertainment.

  23. #173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    The old Rillie-Homicide combo is back together.
    Yup, look out Perth Wildcats! Nick Marvin will be having flashbacks ...

  24. #174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angry ant View Post
    Source?
    Believe me now?

  25. #175
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Is this going to be on TV?
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •