Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78

Thread: The hard part- what would you pay for?

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    I can see the sea!
    Posts
    3,473

    Default

    Seriously, when was the last time a player's appearance was the point of a post? Have I missed something?
    Suck it up Princess.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGG View Post
    Seriously, when was the last time a player's appearance was the point of a post? Have I missed something?
    It's only a matter of time before that family comes back to support Sydney. If BJ Carter makes it onto the team, all hell will break lose.

  3. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    I can see the sea!
    Posts
    3,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    It's only a matter of time before that family comes back to support Sydney. If BJ Carter makes it onto the team, all hell will break lose.
    Oh no, that was Kendoll. BJ Carter was just the heart and soul of the team.
    Suck it up Princess.

  4. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGG View Post
    Oh no, that was Kendoll. BJ Carter was just the heart and soul of the team.
    Gotta love Kendall. lol

    Seriously though how does one become a + member? I can't see anything on here to say it exists or how to join. And no, I didn't look too hard.

    I don't often go beyond the NBL forum, but what else is there, not counting the hidden + boards, previously discussed.

    Maybe the headings of the hidden section should be visible but not the content. At least people would know it exists.
    Last edited by angel; 31-03-2010 at 12:07 PM.

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angel View Post
    but what else is there, not counting the hidden + boards, previously discussed.
    Five extra forums. One for computer games, one for other sport, one for feedback type stuff. Another is the old Battlegrounds but not much happens there, and the big one is the general section, where anything is discussed, from who has got big boobs, to pictures of those boobs, followed by comments on the aforementioned boobs.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    Five extra forums. One for computer games, one for other sport, one for feedback type stuff. Another is the old Battlegrounds but not much happens there, and the big one is the general section, where anything is discussed, from who has got big boobs, to pictures of those boobs, followed by comments on the aforementioned boobs.
    You said the magic word... where do I sign up? (and unlike angel I HAVE looked hard, so either it's hidden, or I'm more of an idiot than previously proven )

    I also wouldn't mind chipping in more either, as I get a lot of use out of the forums and teh Derek shouldn't be out of pocket for providing such a good service...

    edit: thanks to those being helpful, User CP, right down the bottom left to click on Paid Subscriptions... YAY!
    Last edited by Nerf Herder; 31-03-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    posts inciteful points of view
    Already happening
    Basketball, Qld Cup Rugby League, Speedway and General photography at www.gordong.com

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    Five extra forums. One for computer games, one for other sport, one for feedback type stuff. Another is the old Battlegrounds but not much happens there, and the big one is the general section, where anything is discussed, from who has got big boobs, to pictures of those boobs, followed by comments on the aforementioned boobs.
    Thanks.

    I gather there might be a mention of boobs?

    Nerf Herder can have those.

  9. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    I haven't visited OzHoops for years and only did so about quarterly before then. I forgot it even existed before you just mentioned it.

    All I want is The Boards, not really interested in anything else. Would doubling the price help? $20 is still measly enough for most people to keep subscribing.
    x 2.
    NBL Dream Team 2014-15
    Overall Position - 323rd
    Points Scored - 8,028
    Ozhoops Group Ranking - 30th
    League - Ozhoops 1 - 8th

  10. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    also lost in cyberspace
    Posts
    12

    Default

    first log in here since 2006 apparently, beat that mattic haha!

    look, $20 is bugger all to pay, just set up a Paypal and away you go.

  11. #36

    Default

    Who's this random?
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  12. #37
    Member Daevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Where you least expect
    Posts
    13,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr bEn View Post
    x 2.

    So you think $40?

  13. #38
    Back Again? We'll see. Southern Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    7,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoT View Post
    first log in here since 2006 apparently, beat that mattic haha!

    look, $20 is bugger all to pay, just set up a Paypal and away you go.

    Whooaa !!

    Look what the cat dragged in .....
    See what happens.

    Good luck Derek.

    InkSpot Preston Market

  14. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    I can see the sea!
    Posts
    3,473

    Default

    I'd love a crap filter so that all those threads that go mega in a matter of hours with he said, he said arguments automatically got shuffled to another area. For goodness' sake - I'm paying for this rubbish!

    Still loving the rest of Ozhoops though
    Suck it up Princess.

  15. #40

    Default

    Never knew there was a + section.
    What does it contain?

  16. #41

    Default

    Five sub-forums.

    Computer Games
    An ?anything goes? section, where you can talk about whatever you want, with very relaxed rules, and regular boob pics.
    Battlegrounds ? quiet at the moment, but a place to play games and quizzes
    Other Sports
    Some help section.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

  17. #42
    Mmm .......... Dohnuts
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Outer Eastern suburbs of Melbourne
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Geez, I'm dropping in after 12 months in a new job and there are people from the little yellow world, CoT and Mattic. Next we'll see Wedgie and Wino.
    If a team wins it's because they played well
    If a team loses it's because of the bloody refs.

    Never drive faster than angels can fly.

  18. #43

    Default

    Bring back the Canberra Cannons.

    At the moment I only post on the WNBL page and once in a blue moon (or two) on the "Kobe Is A Koala" page, I'm not convinced $10 is worth it if I'm only posting once or twice a week, and thats only during the WNBL season.

    Also, every here seems to hate the Lakers. That's not natural.
    Capitals, Cannons & Lakers

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leftfield View Post
    Bring back the Canberra Cannons.

    At the moment I only post on the WNBL page and once in a blue moon (or two) on the "Kobe Is A Koala" page, I'm not convinced $10 is worth it if I'm only posting once or twice a week, and thats only during the WNBL season.

    Also, every here seems to hate the Lakers. That's not natural.
    The 10 bucks gets you access to off topic which covers pretty much every facet of nonbasketball.

  20. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    The 10 bucks gets you access to off topic which covers pretty much every facet of nonbasketball.
    The nonbasketball stuff has been operating (in secret) for a number of years but I've never really been interested in signing up just have access to a few extra pages. I can't see them so I don't feel I'm missing anything.
    Capitals, Cannons & Lakers

  21. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leftfield View Post
    The nonbasketball stuff has been operating (in secret) for a number of years but I've never really been interested in signing up just have access to a few extra pages. I can't see them so I don't feel I'm missing anything.
    That's been an issue raised a few times. How do you entice new people to join when they just can't see what sections and threads there are? I think it should be opened for a while, let people read and join in, and they can see if they want to pay and stick around. We'd obviously have to delete the "Leftfield rides a girls bike" thread first...

    It certainly provides me with $10 worth of fun and I'm happy for as many people to join as possible.

    It's not like a super secret mens club either - there are women members too and some of them have boobs.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

  22. #47

    Default

    Far from a boys club in OT, we have book clubs, recipe threads and threads where we just complain a lot....

    But seriously, you've only got to check post counts of some of the off topic users to see it is a decent place to post. There's a few users who post only in the OT section, and you've got a male and female age range of 20 through to Mattic. Heck, OT has even lead to an engagement.

    Ask any OT members and the $10 is easily worth the value. If Derek doubled it to $20 per year, I doubt any one of us would bat an eyelid.

  23. #48

    Default

    If Julia Gillard was running the boards, she would impose a posts levy:

    Cussy $1000
    Stumps $900
    meg $500
    mattic $200
    curious, Dunkin' Dan, Southern Joe, Daevo $0.20 each
    Everyone else $0

    and make out that everybody was sharing the load equally.
    Last edited by Stumps; 28-01-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  24. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    Heck, OT has even lead to an engagement.
    Um, I didn't pop the question yet, and it was Mama B down on her knees.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

  25. #50
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    and you've got a male and female age range of 20 through to Mattic.
    Eh? How bloody old do you think I am?!
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •