Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HSH Rosters

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Let's hope iot is successful.
    It's going to be very interesting to see how it all comes together next week, and how the locals in Adelaide respond to the whole thing in terms of bums on seats.

Lance Allred (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Allred) has come on board with the Monarchs.

Steve Hoare has joined the Reef.

JVG has taken no risk. Make no mistake about that. All he is risking is it fails this season and doesn't return. Knowing JVG he will have all bases covered. It's sponsored and costs will be covered at the very least.
    As I said earlier I do not want to see 5 Yanks playing for one team. That's crap.
    That is a deal breaker for me.
    How does that improve baketball in Australia?
    How does it improve basketball?? If it wasn't for JVG and this tournament, the NBL wouldn't be back on One next season. Everyone has said that the game needs to get back on free-to-air/digital TV and thanks to this, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Richmond AKA Rock View Post
    Lance Allred (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Allred) has come on board with the Monarchs.

Steve Hoare has joined the Reef.
    Isiah Victor
    Scott O'Gallagher
    Martinis Woody
    Wayne Oliver
    Ed Millard
    Rashard Tucker
    Galen Young
    Nick Brear
    Brad Williamson
    Julius Hodge
    Lance Allred

Is that correct? How many players can you have?
    James Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bogut (2 BLK)

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeTaylor View Post
    How does it improve basketball?? If it wasn't for JVG and this tournament, the NBL wouldn't be back on One next season. Everyone has said that the game needs to get back on free-to-air/digital TV and thanks to this, it is.
    The NBL had been in discussions for some time with various networks about where their new contract to cover the NBL would be placed.
    ONE HD are scouring the world to fill their air time.
    Don't think that because this tournament is on that that is the sole reason the NBL is back on FTA.

The NBL had been in discussions for some time with various networks about where their new contract to cover the NBL would be placed.
    ONE HD are scouring the world to fill their air time.
    Don't think that because this tournament is on that that is the sole reason the NBL is back on FTA.
    You'd be surprised to hear of OneHD's view of the NBL prior to Jvg talking to them about the ECB.

Do I wouldn't be.
    Speaking with someone I know who has a close contact at ONE HD.
    The NBL did nothing at the time of the ONE HD startup AFAIK.
    NOt even a g'day.
    Only when there was possibly Foxtel issues did they seek to speak with ONE HD.
    The rest is history.

As I said earlier I do not want to see 5 Yanks playing for one team. That's crap.
    That is a deal breaker for me.
    How does that improve baketball in Australia?
    That's your opinion. I'm interested to see how the team of Yanks goes against a team with a more Aussie-flavour. I think its obvious from the format and promotion of the whole tournament that its all about being a little different and providing entertainment, I don't see why they have an obligation to "improve basketball in Australia" (even though I think it helps, through promotion of the game and players). This isn't the NBL, it's a hit and giggle, I think you are taking it too seriously.

Onto the rosters: Hodge & Tucker on the same team? Do those Game Breaker plays allow for multiple balls on the court too?

Follow EBC players Scott O'Gallagher http://twitter.com/BossOG20 and Lonnie Harrell http://twitter.com/PrimeObjective on twitter.
    James Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bogut (2 BLK)

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop View Post
    That's your opinion. I'm interested to see how the team of Yanks goes against a team with a more Aussie-flavour. I think its obvious from the format and promotion of the whole tournament that its all about being a little different and providing entertainment, I don't see why they have an obligation to "improve basketball in Australia" (even though I think it helps, through promotion of the game and players). This isn't the NBL, it's a hit and giggle, I think you are taking it too seriously.

Onto the rosters: Hodge & Tucker on the same team? Do those Game Breaker plays allow for multiple balls on the court too?
    Exactly and well said. It's not meant to be taken seriously. I was telling my brother about this comp today (even though he lives in Adelaide, he hadn't heard of it) and even he said he's keen to watch a few games now as he likes the fact teams can have a number of imports and is keen to see how Al Green's Monarchs team goes against for example Brett Maher's 36ers-lite Fleet team. We were even joking about Hodge & Tucker fighting over who should be the team's #1 bad ass.

So they've done well in that sense as my brother is one of those people who doesn't care about the NBL yet will now watch a few games of this comp.

Also I saw an ad with Carfino for the HSH comp on One tonight during the IPL.
    "Human beings, as a species, have no more value than slugs"

John Davis (editor, Earth First! Journal)

Ok, hit and giggle it is.
    Let's hope that the rest of Australia agrees with you and it rates and stays about.

Smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall.

"I think it's time to discuss your uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour"

I believe any ABA players involved either have just a Saturday night game (the rest day) or don't play at all that week.
    That isn't true.
    Gibson has a scheduled game on FRIDAY night and another one on SATURDAY night. Both are away games.

Wasn't too sure where to put this, but apparently the Taipans are interested in Troy Jackson.

I believe any ABA players involved either have just a Saturday night game (the rest day) or don't play at all that week.
    No Gibson for the Spartans and they lost tonight.
    Every chance the Spartans could lose both this weekend.
    From undefeated to mid range.
    Last edited by curious; 09-04-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Whats the story on Kevin Ratzch. Is he NBL standard?

A few are.
    Most aren't, of that there is no doubt.
    Many imports already in Australia playing are far better than many playing in the HSH.
    I think one of the failings / highlights of HSH is the number of 'imports' that clearly aren't up to NBL standards.

Yeah, there are definitely some ordinary ones.
    Ratzch has been reasonable though. Quite an athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkin' Dan View Post
    Yeah, there are definitely some ordinary ones.
    Ratzch has been reasonable though. Quite an athlete.
    I haven't paid too much attention to detail through these games, but from what I have seen he has been pretty good.