Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Modified Rules?

  1. #1

    Default Modified Rules?

    So what are the general rules for this competition?

    still 10 minute quarters fully timed? Restricted area? extended 3 point line??
    No Signature.

  2. #2
    Not dead Derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Townsville, Qld
    Posts
    2,412

    Default

    http://www.claritysport.org/event.htm

    - 12-minute quarters
    - no possession arrow, jump balls to determine possession
    - teams get 1 full timeout and 1 20-second timeout each half
    - 'Game Breaker' power plays, one per team per half:

    On two occasions during each game, the coach or on-court captain of each team may opt to use a 'Game Breaker' phase. Over the next three minutes of clock time the team in the 'Game Breaker' phase has each successful 3-point shot counted as 4 points. The backboard to which that team is shooting will be lit in green, denoting that the 'Game Breaker' phase is current.
    Also teams get competition points for winning each quarter, not just winning games overall, and the points affect prize money.

    DN
    The Reverend Doktor Derek Nielsen, FEIT, CTAJ, v2.0

  3. #3

    Default

    Cool thanks for the info.

    Don't know if I like the 3 minute PowerPlay thing. 3 minutes is a long time. Does the 3 minutes run continuously even though theres a stop clock?
    No Signature.

  4. #4

    Default

    They should have made it 3 points for a dunk in game breaker time as well, so it didn't favour the guards so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaMarQabLe View Post
    Does the 3 minutes run continuously even though theres a stop clock?
    No, since it says "three minutes of clock time"

  5. #5

    Default

    Use of the Gamebreaker. (i wanted to make another thread but wasn't sure if it was warranted)

    I wonder how pro-active teams will be in using the Gamebreaker (GB).... I see the 2nd half GB being saved for the fourth quarter and being used in the last 3 minutes of the game... nearly all the time. It makes sense right?

    GB usage in the First Half should be used when your team hits a run. Whenever that may be.

    I just hope it doesn't get to the point where teams use GBs at the same time as their opponent. I still think 3 minutes is a VERY long time for a GB power play.
    No Signature.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Will you validate my parking?
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaMarQabLe View Post
    Use of the Gamebreaker. (i wanted to make another thread but wasn't sure if it was warranted)

    I wonder how pro-active teams will be in using the Gamebreaker (GB).... I see the 2nd half GB being saved for the fourth quarter and being used in the last 3 minutes of the game... nearly all the time. It makes sense right?

    GB usage in the First Half should be used when your team hits a run. Whenever that may be.

    I just hope it doesn't get to the point where teams use GBs at the same time as their opponent. I still think 3 minutes is a VERY long time for a GB power play.
    I think you'll find the team not with the game breaker will slow the game down to give the game breaker team less opportunity to score.
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkin' Dan View Post
    They should have made it 3 points for a dunk in game breaker time as well, so it didn't favour the guards so much.


    No, since it says "three minutes of clock time"
    They were going to make it for dunks, but then thought that players would get injured by the other team trying to take away the dunk by fouling.

  8. #8
    Not dead Derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Townsville, Qld
    Posts
    2,412

    Default

    They might need to reconsider that, the Gamebreaker minutes seem to be "offensive team bombs away and accomplishes nothing except giving away fast breaks".

    DN
    The Reverend Doktor Derek Nielsen, FEIT, CTAJ, v2.0

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    They were going to make it for dunks, but then thought that players would get injured by the other team trying to take away the dunk by fouling.
    Easy way to fix this is normal fouls are a shooting foul (2 free throws), and shooting fouls get you three foul shots.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallitron View Post
    Easy way to fix this is normal fouls are a shooting foul (2 free throws), and shooting fouls get you three foul shots.
    Yeah, presumably if they made a dunk worth 3 points then being fouled in a dunk attempt would result in 3 free throws anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •