ben allen had 2 fouls within 3 minutes?

Are there stats anywhere?
    NBL Dream Team 2014-15
    Overall Position - 323rd
    Points Scored - 8,028
    Ozhoops Group Ranking - 30th
    League - Ozhoops 1 - 8th

ding faaaaaaaades for 3

Gotta say the Rays look like a pretty cohesive unit. Shanahan having them press a bit, utilising that great back court rotation he has.

If someone gets fouled shooting the 3 in gamebreaker, do they shoot 4?

hahahahaha bill woods!

"they get tangled up in the post, and there's arms and legs everywhere! They look like something out of the karma sutra"

Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    If someone gets fouled shooting the 3 in gamebreaker, do they shoot 4?
    Yeah they do, happened in the first game, hence potential 5 point plays if you make the bucket.

Lampley stinking it up big time. Bitching to the refs after each play. Liked Cal's comment that Lampley must have been loving the Chinese food during his time playing in Japan. (Possibly could have been Japanese food Cal!)

Well I must have been under a rock and didn't know anything about this tournament at all. Just happened to stumble across it while flicking channels.

Will have to read up more about it now but gosh there is nobody in the stands. How disappointing.
    Wildcats member from 1994 to 2008.

Smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post

Lampley stinking it up big time. Bitching to the refs after each play. Liked Cal's comment that Lampley must have been loving the Chinese food during his time playing in Japan. (Possibly could have been Japanese food Cal!)
    Or French, Italian or Indian. There's more Michelin stars in Tokyo than any other city. You could eat well for a long time there without ever eating classic Japanese food.
    "I think it's time to discuss your uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour"

Lampley is a bum, Davidson is a punk and Helms should have never cut his hair.

Gee, it's exciting commentating! How enthusiastic they are!
    How about playing some music or recorded crowd response? (and I am not kidding)
    Is this what we can expect next NBL season because we've gone backwards.
    I suggest the organisers give out free tickets in Rundle St Mall as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bev View Post
    Gee, it's exciting commentating! How enthusiastic they are!
    How about playing some music or recorded crowd response? (and I am not kidding)
    Is this what we can expect next NBL season because we've gone backwards.
    I suggest the organisers give out free tickets in Rundle St Mall as fast as possible.
    What does any of this have to do with the nbl next season?

I doubt you can parallel the crowds at HSH to what to expect next season, outside of Adelaide has this been promoted in the media anywhere?
    To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.

March 24th 2010, The Re-birth of the Sydney Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    What does any of this have to do with the nbl next season?
    These are our NBL commentators and our NBL station.
    A prerun for the next season. This event needs some LIFE in it..IMO.
    Adelaide must have been chosen for a reason.

Regardless of the disappointing crowd (if you can even call it a crowd), the quality of play is more of a concern from my point of view. Also unlike Twenty20 cricket you really cant hide someone who's out of shape or over the hill. The gimmick they have seems pointless as well, although someone did shoot 4 free throws before.

Having to hear Bill Woods claim the NBL is a better situation than Europe for some players trying to make the NBA is pretty weak. At least he mentioned they'd make more money.

Actually having to hear Bill Woods call basketball is pretty weak.

Still it's nice to see some local hoops on free TV.

Quote Originally Posted by bev View Post
    These are our NBL commentators and our NBL station.
    A prerun for the next season. This event needs some LIFE in it..IMO.
    When there are 4 NBL games back to back like this, I'll be concerned.

Just like with the players and the crowd, a bunch of games back to back can be sapping on enthusiasm for commentators, especially in blow outs like what we've seen. It's not a fair reflection on the atmosphere that can carried over just the 2 hour time period under normal circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by pilonv1 View Post
    Having to hear Bill Woods claim the NBL is a better situation than Europe for some players trying to make the NBA is pretty weak. At least he mentioned they'd make more money.

Actually having to hear Bill Woods call basketball is pretty weak.
    Yeah, he seems pretty rusty, as did Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Yeah they do, happened in the first game, hence potential 5 point plays if you make the bucket.

Thats why Hammer needs to be in the commentary team. You bjust need someone with an expertise in Asian quisine.
    The little I have watched has been just ok. As much as I love the sport this does nothing to incite any passion. Lack of atmosphere, no team or location loyalty and little teamwork take away the best aspects of the game. I think playing this in Adelaide was a bad move. Their fans are generally loyal basketball purists and it may have been easier to sell this overhyped stuff to a Sydney market.

On another note it would help if they had names on the players singlets.

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    Considering there's no on screen graphics besides the score this is a huge oversight. I have NFI who half of these guys are.

Considering the number of new players, the commentary team were doing a decent job of saying each players name often.

For fans that are there, they have been introducing every player pre game and they seem to have programs too.

Thats why Hammer needs to be in the commentary team. You bjust need someone with an expertise in Asian quisine.
    The little I have watched has been just ok. As much as I love the sport this does nothing to incite any passion. Lack of atmosphere, no team or location loyalty and little teamwork take away the best aspects of the game. I think playing this in Adelaide was a bad move. Their fans are generally loyal basketball purists and it may have been easier to sell this overhyped stuff to a Sydney market.

All fair stuff but I think the reason the Dome in Adelaide might've been chosen is because of the Eddy Groves/JVG connection. Supposedly towards the end of the previous owners time JVG was pretty much running the 36ers too. The Dome has only just recently been taken off of Eddy's hands.

Crowds couldn't really be expected with basically zero marketing and most games being played this week during working hours. It's clearly a made for TV tournament and while at first I found it a little uncomfortbale with the lack of atmosphere the quality of some of the teams has made up for it. The Fleet look like one of the more professional teams so far.
    "Human beings, as a species, have no more value than slugs"

John Davis (editor, Earth First! Journal)

Did anyone in Adelaide know this was on, or did they lock the doors to the dome?
    http://pickandroll.com.au/
    Everything NBA | All About Basketball
    Twitter: @DamianArsenis

Agreed. I was just wondering why Rick Rickert was playing shooting guard.

Why haven't the spectators who are sitting anywhere but centre court not moved?
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

I was thinking the same about the Rickert clone.
    Would help a bit if they were to give a quick background of each guy as they are introduced. eg Home association (Aus) College, Pro team last played for etc.
    Also it appears that the quarter scores have some importance. So if they do FFS put each quarter score on the graphic.
    Last edited by fan since the old snakepit; 06-04-2010 at 06:38 PM.