Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Day 2--7th April

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia.
    Posts
    2,437

    Day 2--7th April

    Discuss all issues concerning games played on the 7th of April here.

    Wednesday 7 April
    12:00 pm Pythons v Coasters
    2:00 pm Rush v Cyclones
    4:00 pm Rays v Reef
    6:00 pm Monarchs v Fleet
    James Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bogut (2 BLK)

  2. #2

    Default

    Bradtke suiting up for the Pythons. Good move... he certainly had no idea how to coach them yesterday. Still no Danridge...what's the story with this??

  3. #3
    Just call me Trigger ;)
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Far Northern Suburbs of Perth
    Posts
    5,195

    Default

    Anyone who is watching want to give us people stuck at work an update?

  4. #4
    really hot chix meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall.
    Posts
    9,968

    Default

    A much better game to start today. The Coasters are just ahead of the Pythons, with a clever use of the Game breaker clock just before the end of the half. A HUGE 4 by Helms got them up by 4 points, 57 to 61.

    The Pythons have started the second on the GB clock, and Rillie immediately got a huge 4 pointer as well.
    63 61 to the Pythons.
    Danridge has just arrived and has suited up.
    "I think it's time to discuss your uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour"

  5. #5

    Default

    Who are the refs for these games? Did they just pick a bunch of random state league refs from the area?

  6. #6
    really hot chix meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall.
    Posts
    9,968

    Default

    Shrouded in mystery, like the stats and players. I don't recognise any of them.
    Pythons 85, Coasters 93. almost at the end of the third.
    Sorry, have to go out now. Annoying kids expecting to be entertained in their holidays! Grrr.
    "I think it's time to discuss your uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour"

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    Shrouded in mystery, like the stats and players. I don't recognise any of them.
    Pythons 85, Coasters 93. almost at the end of the third.
    Sorry, have to go out now. Annoying kids expecting to be entertained in their holidays! Grrr.

  8. #8
    Just call me Trigger ;)
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Far Northern Suburbs of Perth
    Posts
    5,195

    Default

    Thanks Meg

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    even better


  10. #10

    Default

    Pythons lose again. 128 - 114. They put up some stats, but stuffed it up and put the same stats up for both teams.



    - Showing some old school Gaze -> Copland alleys from the old Kmart Tigers days. Awesome.

    - Next game us about to start, looks like they've changed their mind on how to introduce the players. The Rush all ran out to what sounded like a porn sound track, lined up and were introduced.

    - Crowd looks much bigger, there's about 30 people there.

    - BJ Carter introduced for whatever his team is called, looks like this guy (only not awesome):

  11. #11

    Default

    I like it that the organisers have taken a few suggestions on board and changed the player introductions to include a little info on each guy.
    Plus, seems like they are trying a bit harder to provide stats, although in game 1, the full-time team stats rundown had exact same stats for each team!

  12. #12

    Default

    Im loving watching Brad Bridgewater ring rattling dunks. He would be close to being able to get australian citizenship wouldnt he? He has played in the ABA for about 5 years now. Would be a good pick up for an NBL team if he had Australian citizenship.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melb Wildcat View Post
    Im loving watching Brad Bridgewater ring rattling dunks. He would be close to being able to get australian citizenship wouldnt he? He has played in the ABA for about 5 years now. Would be a good pick up for an NBL team if he had Australian citizenship.
    Bridgewater is an absolute monster. I saw him jump at a Gunners game, and I'm sure he had his penis taped to his knee.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marius08 View Post
    I like it that the organisers have taken a few suggestions on board and changed the player introductions to include a little info on each guy.
    Plus, seems like they are trying a bit harder to provide stats, although in game 1, the full-time team stats rundown had exact same stats for each team!
    Suggestions from who?. Not any1 on these boards? LOL.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceAndBum View Post
    Suggestions from who?. Not any1 on these boards? LOL.
    Actually, yeh, from a few.
    Derek sums it up best in his thread - http://www.ozhoopsboards.com/showthread.php?t=4878

  16. #16

    Default

    Huge dunk by Mario Brown(?) on Sedale JR

  17. #17
    No, I'm Spartacus metalslugsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    outside your house with a truckload of fertiliser and a drum of brake fluid
    Posts
    778

    Default

    the refs are pretty ordinary in this game (Rays vs Reef). i guess they have been told to let them play a bit, but they are missing a heap and then calling some strange, soft fouls. Need to improve the standard of reffing
    ...a cuddly baby tapir...

  18. #18

    Default

    Has anyone worked out the best way to use a Gamebreaker yet? Someone on commentary (Carfino or JVG) mentioned something yesterday, and it was a brilliant bit of strategy - since it's 3 minutes of clock time, play ultra slowdown and run the clock out while the opponent is using their gamebreaker. Makes perfect sense, take the air out of the ball, run the clock down and resume normal play after 3 minutes.

    The fact that the best option to negate the gamebreaker is to make the game as effectively boring as possible should be ignored. Of course with the level of play being exhibited being more boring would be somewhat of a challenge.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pilonv1 View Post
    Has anyone worked out the best way to use a Gamebreaker yet? Someone on commentary (Carfino or JVG) mentioned something yesterday, and it was a brilliant bit of strategy - since it's 3 minutes of clock time, play ultra slowdown and run the clock out while the opponent is using their gamebreaker. Makes perfect sense, take the air out of the ball, run the clock down and resume normal play after 3 minutes.

    The fact that the best option to negate the gamebreaker is to make the game as effectively boring as possible should be ignored. Of course with the level of play being exhibited being more boring would be somewhat of a challenge.
    That counter-exciting strategy is the first thing that occurred to me when I heard about the Gamebreaker: http://www.ozhoopsboards.com/showpos...9&postcount=42

    Of course, I spend too much time looking for loopholes in things, it being my job and all.
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  20. #20

    Default

    The gamebreaker is also good for taking it to the hoop. The defence will be focused on not giving up 3 point shots, so rotations will be less, and the lane will open up.

  21. #21

    Default

    With the jump balls being in play, this is a little risky as far as maximising possesion goes, but I would like to see someone use their gamebreaker with about a minute and half or two minutes to go in a quarter (other than the 2nd) so they can try and use it for momentum at the end of that quarter and at the start of the next.

    Going by JVG's comments yesterday, they 3 minutes does carry over to the next quarter, except for going between halves.

  22. #22

    Default

    Royal Purple and Dark Blue!! Can we get some alternate strips please!

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Royal Purple and Dark Blue!! Can we get some alternate strips please!
    Dude, it was hard enought to get them out of the washing machine on time. You think alternate strips are going to happen?
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    Bridgewater is an absolute monster. I saw him jump at a Gunners game, and I'm sure he had his penis taped to his knee.
    Yes he is a monster.
    I do worry about someone who has a B and a B on the left and right rear calves.
    Oh and he has no game.

  25. #25

    Default

    Mike McKay looks younger today than he did in 1989.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •