Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: By: Daniel Eade

Quote Originally Posted by SB.1 View Post
    although I agree with jump balls (but let's not go there), where are the other 99?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    I'd really like to go there. I haven't even seen the article and I already have a "side". I'm for jump balls too. I have no idea why. I enjoy watching them more than I enjoy watching an arrow tip over.
    To be honest, I don't care either way. I just hate seeing people say that jump balls were teh orsmst part if the game, or that the referee involvement in the possession arrow is cumbersome. I also see no connection between the jump ball and the struggles of the league.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    What is the third one, and how are any of the first three going to fix the NBL?

Edit - is it the points cap? If so, I agree, but only because it's in place because they couldnt/wouldn't effectively police the salary cap. The idea has merit but shouldn't be needed.
    The salary cap does nothing to enforce parity even if it's policed perfectly, though. The salary cap is there to stop teams bankrupting themselves, the points cap is there to ensure parity.

#4 - marquee player.

Who would pay for such a player?

That has worked to a degree in A-League, but like basketball Football teams are not owned by people who have the odd 5-10 million dollars to spare.

As well unlike FFA, Other than Bendat who would secure such an arrangement.

We just lost the GC Blaze in the basketball due to liquidity problems.

As well, the marquee player system has not really worked that well in A-League with North Queensland Fury going under, Gold Coast United having licence revoked. Both Adelaide United and Brisbane Roar both being owned by FFA for awhile.

Too far fetched of an idea [marquee player] to work in Basketball
    Life every day to the fullest as if it is your last

So Far 2 Taranaki Players have made in to the NBL:
    Jeremiah Trueman - Breakers
    Dillon Boucher - Breakers

With one still playing in the league:
    Jeremiah Trueman - Breakers

C'mon Taranaki we want some more from the region make it to the nbl

Quote Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    The salary cap does nothing to enforce parity even if it's policed perfectly, though. The salary cap is there to stop teams bankrupting themselves,
    No it isn't. It's there to ensure all teams are on an even playing field.

So I read that Facebook page to see what suggestions 'others' had posted on the wall....

FaceandBum makes an appearance there too.

One guy suggested Kalgoolie as a 2nd WA team due to it being untapped market.

What did FaceandBum say?

He has some good ideas, but they are just ideas. Plenty of other people have already brought those up and I'm sure the NBL has discussed most if not all of them. It comes down to money and who is going to back it?

With Eade, it's the way he says things... inferring that he is the savour and knows best.. that and the way he sensationalises anything and everything that give me the $hits.

Stranger things have happened but I'm not sure the NBL going is going to hire someone as their "professional sports consultant" when they've previously sacked them for writing a retarded match preview.

Though he seems to believe that he is doing some sort of service, all the suggestions have been contrived with little regard to execution. I would also expect a professional sports consultant to have better reasoning than 'Oh, Rob Rose says so'.
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

It ought also be noted that Rob Rose asserted that they should stop using the FIBA timing and NBA keyways, and just make up their mind as to which ruleset to follow. I'm disinclined to listen to anyone who is that ignorant.

You guys need to leave Daniel alone, I'm sure he is doing a stellar job as Public Relations / Media Liaison at Australian Ice Hockey League; a sport that has less public interest and media coverage than even the NBL.....

Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    One guy suggested Kalgoolie as a 2nd WA team due to it being untapped market.

The expected quality of individual opinions on the matter

#5 Shorten the length of the season

The upcoming NBL regular season will last for 170 days, compared to the current AFL season that will go for 163 days.

The season is too long and with teams playing 28 games over 24 weeks has no momentum.

Professional basketball players can play multiple times a week, and could very easily play 28 games in 18 weeks.

This also is very much needed to keep the mainstream media interested when the AFL and NRL seasons kick-off as the NBL is winding down and what focus their is on the NBL is shifted.
    This just makes no sense. What has momentum got to do with anything?

As I suspected, he has now run out of credible ideas.

I hope these aren't in descending order of importance...
    Zigged when I definitely should have Zagged

I think the regular season is way too drawn out, which has it clash at the end of the season with stronger leagues.

The finals series is also way too short, which makes it a financial problem, for the less financially blessed fans.

A thoughtful compromise on the schedule, hopefully, would benefit the game attending supporters, & the league.

On another note, I don't believe that beating up on Daniel, isn't fixing anything.

Rant done.

If someone follows the NBL season from its start in October, all the way through to the seasons ends, which then overlaps with AFL and NRL, that person isn't going to stop following the NBL when their preferred sports starts.

Also, the coverage of the end of last season in Perth was massive, even getting backpage of the paper numerous times, so I think a good media outlet will choose a finals campaign over a pre-season competition.

As I suspected, he has now run out of credible ideas.
    Jump balls and 48 minutes are credible? Out of interest, lengthening the season has been one of the reasons NBL crowds have increased significantly since 2009, allowing more favourable fixturing ie few midweek games.

hahaha if I could have guessed what one and two would be, I'd have gone with 48 minutes and jump balls. I'll bet he doesn't get to 6 ideas.

Daniel Eade is to sports journalism what Clint Dogg is to hip hop.
    He is up to #6 now. LMAO @ YOU 4 being a moron yet again. Once again, they both have done more than you ever will in ya whole lifetime, and that was before 10am this morning.

Im counting them down to #10, I cant wait this is really good.
    Mod Edit
    ARE the Townsville Crocs Scamming on PC Singlets?. *vote HERE

"Now when I put it down, oh yep I do IT,
    And when I put it down, oh yes I do IT,
    And when I put it down, oh yep I do IT,
    And when I put it down, oh yes I do IT."

Best lyrics ever. also the sound effects, especially the scratching, are just cool. It's like it was made in a ProStudio. $1.69 well spent.

"Your Mum has a little 'look' around the place"

Clint Dogg posted on the face book! He still follows the NBL even after he got mis treated when he did the games back then. Good on him i say
    KINGS IN FINALS THIS YEAR BOOK IT!!!!!

hahaha if I could have guessed what one and two would be, I'd have gone with 48 minutes and jump balls. I'll bet he doesn't get to 6 ideas.

Daniel Eade is to sports journalism what Clint Dogg is to hip hop.
    Lol u r wrong, he got 6.

Clint is better at hip hop then eade is at journalism. How many Aussie hip hoppers can u name that are better than Clint Dogg? I got his tracks on i tunes and read about him on hip hop forums, he is sick.

Eade on the other hand how many Aussie journalists are better, heaps. Darren hinch is more well known and their are heaps more journalists that are better to
    KINGS IN FINALS THIS YEAR BOOK IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by We'reBackBaby View Post
    Lol u r wrong, he got 6.

Clint is better at hip hop then eade is at journalism. How many Aussie hip hoppers can u name that are better than Clint Dogg? I got his tracks on i tunes and read about him on hip hop forums, he is sick.

Eade on the other hand how many Aussie journalists are better, heaps. Darren hinch is more well known and their are heaps more journalists that are better to
    Darren hinch is heeps better at hipop than Clint Dogg well their r heeps more better even jonney farnam is more better haha.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceAndBum View Post
    He is up to #6 now. LMAO @ YOU 4 being a moron yet again. Once again, they both have done more than you ever will in ya whole lifetime, and that was before 10am this morning.
    I've never been in jail, Clint, so you're right there.

Im counting them down to #10, I cant wait this is really good.
    Which parts are really good?

Quote Originally Posted by We'reBackBaby View Post
    Clint Dogg posted on the face book! He still follows the NBL even after he got mis treated when he did the games back then. Good on him i say
    I heard he Works 4 Himself cos all clubs in Newcastle don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    Jump balls and 48 minutes are credible? Out of interest, lengthening the season has been one of the reasons NBL crowds have increased significantly since 2009, allowing more favourable fixturing ie few midweek games.
    So his next suggestion? More midweek games.

What a moron.

Seriously? He should have just put a link to nba.com and saved everyone the trouble.