Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
Results 801 to 811 of 811

Thread: Andrew Bogut to also play in the NBL?

  1. #801
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Liechtenstein Global Trust
    Posts
    3,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    That's a good point, but it hasnt stopped us having to watch Sydney against Wollongong, NZ and Melbourne twice!
    NZ & Melbourne are good teams. I'd suggest the only reason Syd/Woll was foisted on us was because it's the NSW derby.
    "Human beings, as a species, have no more value than slugs"

    John Davis (editor, Earth First! Journal)

  2. #802

    Default

    There's also the fact that the TV schedule was done pre-season.

  3. #803

    Default

    I am talking about scheduling games to get ratings, not on how good teams are. Surprised quite a few big city clashes have been overlooked.

  4. #804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    I am talking about scheduling games to get ratings, not on how good teams are. Surprised quite a few big city clashes have been overlooked.
    Well, perhaps they wanted to avoid all the pissing and moaning from folks in Townsville who apparently expected a perfect socialist utopia.
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  5. #805
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Big cities don't have the monopoly on big clashes.

    And last seasons schedule was a pisstake.

    Socialist utopia? If you mean even handed regardless of merit, you need to remember who tf you're talking to.
    Last edited by mattic; 12-11-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  6. #806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    Socialist utopia? If you mean even handed regardless of merit, you need to remember who tf you're talking to.
    "Merit" = viewing audience, not team quality.
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  7. #807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    Big cities don't have the monopoly on big clashes.
    The viewing figures seem to show that they have the monopoly on big viewing audiences.
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  8. #808
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    "Merit" = viewing audience, not team quality.
    I was thinking more of clash quality. I take your point on the numbers

    Though if you recall, one of my points was about the crap excuses given, none of which was about viewing figures. If it had been, I'd've been more conciliatory. It's amazing what a well presented, logical argument does for one's point.

    That's the main irk I have nowadays. Increasingly I find one has to sort through myriad issues of style and technique with one's half-witted interlocutor before one ever gets to the content.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  9. #809
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    Eh? How? Unless you're running a pantomime.
    Mills, Bogut et al actually make the sporting competition, which is what I thought the NBL is supposed to be, worse.
    I seem to be in the minority, however. Most of you seem happy with some farcical exhibition season.
    I'm fine with him playing in the NBL now...
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  10. #810

    Default

    In his first hit out in Kings colours against Japan, Bogues got 4pts, 5(?) rebounds and 6 assists in 16mins, all in the first half... Looked good, very vocal, but BUGGERED lol... Will be good to see how he progresses with match fitness as he goes on in the pre-season...
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

  11. #811

    Default

    And how his body handles the gradual increase in intensity. I'm really hoping he plays all regular season games. You'd be disappointed if you're an away fan and he misses one or both of your home games against Sydney. Really is going to be great to see these full houses for his matches.
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •