Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Bogut to also play in the NBL?

Quote Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    With Bogut, it's the issue of needing to know where the NBA's at before he commits, which really can't be helped. Not sure why Mills left it so late, though.
    They didn't know how long the lockout was going to last.
    And he may have spent time considering his options here and in Europe.
    Also maybe he wanted to sign later so that he wouldn't have to do pre-season training and risk injury.

Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    They didn't know how long the lockout was going to last.
    That's still true. Stern claimed the other day that there may well be no games lost.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rod View Post
    Tigers are pretty much in the same position with their small stadium that doesnt even comply with NBL seating standards.
    That's true, their seats are so small that Seamus needs more than one per buttock.

Bogut confirmed on twitter that he is contact with several nbl clubs, nothing imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    I don?t think de-activating players is dodgy, NBA and Euro teams constantly cut guys, it is part of being paid to play sport, your job is never completely safe. At least with whoever Perth ?deactivate? in the event of signing Bogut, you know they?ll get paid. Hopefully Corletto will too.
    Wow! A voice of reason has appeared in this conversation.
    Misinforming the Ozhoops community since 2002.

Yeah, it's not a surprise that the Tigers fans can't see anything wrong with it, and just like all other discussions, just because Euro and NBA clubs jump off a bridge, does that mean that the NBL should jump off that same bridge? I would have thought that being able to terminate a contract willy nilly would be fairly hard to do, if there was no fault by the terminated party, but then again, I'm not up on my own employment contract details properly, let alone can imagine an athletes...

There's probably a reason it hasn't really been done before now (unless someone can provide examples) and really, do we think Shonky Seamus is the right role model?

SB.1 - while I'm not familiar with Marvin and Bendat, over my time on the boards here I haven't heard a bad word against them really, so I certainly agree that a lot of this has to do with Seamus' rep... It doesn't help that the player that got screwed over had been a Tiger over half his life...

If it's several NBL clubs, I wonder if the Kings have talked to him about cutting Luke Martin free to bolster our front court...
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

It will be a bigger coup than Muammar Gadhafi if they pull this off

^ No hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
    There's probably a reason it hasn't really been done before now (unless someone can provide examples) and really, do we think Shonky Seamus is the right role model?
    Axel Dench comes to mind. When he was cut by......Seamus. Pretty sure there were issues around if he was given his payout or not when that happened. Someone else may have a better memory of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
    I wonder if the Kings have talked to him about cutting Luke Martin free to bolster our front court...
    Post it on Facebook & I'm sure you'll get some support for it.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...48484/31694467 - CBS Sports in the USA reporting on Bogut playing in Australia with quotes from Marvin and a link to the West article.

http://twitter.com/#!/AndrewMBogut/s...47288682176513

"I can confirm I am in talks with SEVERAL @NBL clubs. A long way to go yet though....Stay tuned kiddies!" he tweeted. But he's also said before that he wouldn't do anything before October to let the labor negotiations play out a bit more. But it's obvious: Australia wants him to come home.

Just confirming that everyone is tarding out about points caps...especially so as the cats are also likely to sign Nevill also......or do you just reserve that sh!te for your Tigers hate on?

Which ten year player are the Wildcats going to axe to fit Nevill in for an undetermined portion of the season?
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    Which ten year player are the Wildcats going to axe to fit Nevill in for an undetermined portion of the season?
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by bogut View Post
    Interview on Nova about Perth signing NBA star Andrew Bogut:

http://www.novafm.com.au/nova937/aud...ildcats_102840
    Page not found. Sorry but the page you are looking for cannot be found.

404 - File or directory not found.
    The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Page not found. Sorry but the page you are looking for cannot be found.
    Working fine for me.

(Edit: Not any more, but as below this link works: http://www.novafm.com.au/audio_andre...ildcats_102840)
    Last edited by thomnuffy; 03-09-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Has it actually been confirmed by Corletto himself that he has been shafted?

I, like most it seems, can't stand Seamus and his Tigers but maybe we are all overplaying the 'Corletto has been screwed' line a bit. Sure he is the one who is missing out on playing time while Mills is here but as long as he hasn't been screwed out of his pay maybe he is happy to accept the position taken. Sure he'd would prefer to play but maybe he is professional enough to understand this is the way it is for a professional athlete? As far asi know he is still doing school clinics so maybe he will still be getting paid what he is owed, training with the team and ready to step back in wherever he is needed?

All conjecture of course but maybe in this instance we are all judging Seamus and co purely on past sins rather than the current situation.

The Bogut interview not working all of a sudden?
    Any suggestions?

go to the radio site and search for bogut. Its there.

Quote Originally Posted by Statman72 View Post
    Has it actually been confirmed by Corletto himself that he has been shafted?

I, like most it seems, can't stand Seamus and his Tigers but maybe we are all overplaying the 'Corletto has been screwed' line a bit. Sure he is the one who is missing out on playing time while Mills is here but as long as he hasn't been screwed out of his pay maybe he is happy to accept the position taken. Sure he'd would prefer to play but maybe he is professional enough to understand this is the way it is for a professional athlete? As far asi know he is still doing school clinics so maybe he will still be getting paid what he is owed, training with the team and ready to step back in wherever he is needed?

All conjecture of course but maybe in this instance we are all judging Seamus and co purely on past sins rather than the current situation.
    Don't bring logic into any discussion of the Tigers dodgy dealings with Nerf Herder.

FWIW I'm sure he's really disappointed that he won't be playing early in the season (or perhaps the entire season) but understands that that's how professional sports operate.

Hang on! No, professional sports doesn't operate in this way at all. If the guy was underperforming, or was being benched to develop young talent, then it's part and parcel of being a pro athlete, but when you're an NBL player and your team is restricted by a points cap, you'd probably have the right to feel secure in the Pre season when you're already part of the team. All of a sudden, a once in a decade event occurs and you get sacked to make room, I think you'd be right to feel shafted. This isn't how professional sports work, its how McPeake works. There is nothing professional about him.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Just hope Bogut doesnt get hurt playing for the Wildcats

Apparently hes on 500000 a month for his insurance for not playing in the NBA

Unless Bogut is going to pay out the medical bills himself

Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Don't bring logic into any discussion of the Tigers dodgy dealings with Nerf Herder.

FWIW I'm sure he's really disappointed that he won't be playing early in the season (or perhaps the entire season) but understands that that's how professional sports operate.
    lol... I can't see any logic in that whatsoever... All I've seen is someone sugar coating the situation by assuming that the player, who hasn't underperformed, who hasn't done anything dodgy to warrant his contract being torn up (which, unless they want it to count towards the cap, it would have to do) would see the positive for the team that he's played all his career with and who have just shafted him... That's plain ridonkulous, not logical! lol...

plus yeah, what Cussy said...
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

Hang on! No, professional sports doesn't operate in this way at all. If the guy was underperforming, or was being benched to develop young talent, then it's part and parcel of being a pro athlete, but when you're an NBL player and your team is restricted by a points cap, you'd probably have the right to feel secure in the Pre season when you're already part of the team. All of a sudden, a once in a decade event occurs and you get sacked to make room, I think you'd be right to feel shafted. This isn't how professional sports work, its how McPeake works. There is nothing professional about him.
    I disagree mate, pro sports do operate that way. If a better player comes along there is a chance you could lose your spot. The only way I think it would be unprofessional if is Corletto (or someone the Wildcats released to make way for Bogut) didnt get paid their contract. But being taken off the roster is something that is always possible.

The NBL- a job for life. Roll out the wheelchairs at Challenge Stadium for Damo Martin one day? Wonder if the Wildcats will take out the championship in the year 2057? They might have to restructure their offense and have a play called "Roller" for Damo. Bevo will probably have passed away by then so Im sure a new coach could adapt the offense to the new skillsets involved with having wrinkly pacemaker using players.

People are amusing.

If any organisation you worked for reduced your role because they had the chance to employ a better and more qualified worker for your position due to that person unexpectedly becoming available, you would not like it but you would accept that it was reasonable for management to make that call. However, In this situation, no dice. Its big bad Seamus.
    Misinforming the Ozhoops community since 2002.