Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Waratah State League

Default 2012 Waratah State League

Daevo - as you wish, so it shall occur.

Given Penrith's announcement they wish to move up to Championship (let's still call it ABA), which neighbouring club (Springwood, Hawkesbury or Blacktown) will benefit from the player drain (those not wishing to commit to the higher level).
    I've included Blacktown as they have a number of players who will be too old for YL next year and they have hinted at entering a SL team in 2012.
    If that doesn't happen and those players leaving YL don't want to try their luck at Penrith or Parramatta (or even Hills) in ABA, which club will they be most attracted to for SL.

blacktown would have to put a S/L team in

they would be mad to have developed those kids for 4 years only to let them walk out the door

in saying that, i will roll the red carpet out for the twins, mark derivier and will bradshaw at hawkesbury...

Are there any men's state league teams that sturggle to field a full team and are looking for extra players?

I live in Sydney and I'd like to play next year, but understand the Metro teams are usually stacked with quality players (I'm def not 'quality' but consider myself capable to play at this level).

What about the regional teams though? Not only do I want to play competitive hoops, be apart of a good team and work on my game, I'm looking for a short term sea change, bit of time outta the city - so willing to consider tempoarary relocation to a regional area for an SBL season.

I'm 6'2 with a decent shooting touch, but with no ability to carry the ball. I play good denial D though

Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated! PM me if necessary.

You will find not many teams have people visiting this forum (not officially anyway) so your best bet is to keep checking the websites of the associations for trials which generally commence in October or November. You can find details for all associations on the NSW Basketball website.

Clubs like Glebe, Ryde & Liverpool are likely your best bet in terms of looking for new talent but you could also drop in at Hornsby, Bankstown, Macarthur, Hawkesbury or Springwood trials if they are more convenient for you & see how you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish83 View Post
    Are there any men's state league teams that sturggle to field a full team and are looking for extra players?

I live in Sydney and I'd like to play next year, but understand the Metro teams are usually stacked with quality players (I'm def not 'quality' but consider myself capable to play at this level).

What about the regional teams though? Not only do I want to play competitive hoops, be apart of a good team and work on my game, I'm looking for a short term sea change, bit of time outta the city - so willing to consider tempoarary relocation to a regional area for an SBL season.

I'm 6'2 with a decent shooting touch, but with no ability to carry the ball. I play good denial D though

Yeh if you stay in Sydney i would definetly try Liverpool, Ryde or Glebe. Otherwise not far up North in Gosford you have 2 Power teams, also close by Lake Macquarie, Maitland. Thats only just over an hour from North Sydney.
    Basketball is truly the best sport ever created! Click on me!

Bankstown will be holding its' senior trials late next month and early November - keep an eye on www.bankstown.basketball.net.au for more information.

SD.
    Illawarra Hawks - 40 years strong...and still kickin'!

Will Penrith have a SL men team or not?

Mac Heat / Ghosts could be having both SL and ABA...
    Basketball is truly the best sport ever created! Click on me!

Cessnock SL men are having trials this Saturday 5th November at 1 pm til 3pm to get a start on next year

Quote Originally Posted by Swish83 View Post

yep

Quote Originally Posted by Scottc View Post
    Cessnock SL men are having trials this Saturday 5th November at 1 pm til 3pm to get a start on next year

if you dont mind the travel

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    yep

if you dont mind the travel
    Hmm that is a bit of travel. Which pool are Cessnock in? The Metro pool or a regional pool?

this year Cessnock were in the East pool which was the central coast/lake macquarie/maitland areas with hawkesbury, hornsby from metro and dubbo from out west.

Ok thanks Scottc - tried to send you a message but was unable.

Unfortunately a 3.5 hour train/bus commute from Sydney to Cessnock would be unsustaible over the long term for weekely trainings and games, as much as I would like to trial.

Springwood are showing a trial date on their website for SL women on 20th November.
    If this team gets off the ground, it will be a first for the Scorchers and increase the deep feeling (some may say love) which already exists between the Springwood and Penrith Associations.

Quote Originally Posted by A Higher Authority View Post
    Springwood are showing a trial date on their website for SL women on 20th November.
    If this team gets off the ground, it will be a first for the Scorchers and increase the deep feeling (some may say love) which already exists between the Springwood and Penrith Associations.
    Ha!
    Thought Penrith had ditched the SL women.
    They have been sending emails to associations asking for players to go trial for the YL team.
    Scorchers will probably just be Penrith women in Red.

Ryde have been told their venue is unsuitable and have to find somewhere else to play in 2012(most likely Parramatta.)

Quote Originally Posted by Greggyb View Post
    Ryde have been told their venue is unsuitable and have to find somewhere else to play in 2012(most likely Parramatta.)
    Wow... that's interesting & even moreso given the rumours going around as to who might be playing there.

Jordan Gregg won't be back for Lithgow* after getting a SEABL gig.
    (*or Penrith if you believe whoever wrote the article lol)

Wow... that's interesting & even moreso given the rumours going around as to who might be playing there.
    Do tell?

Word is that Jim Arkell is coaching Ryde next year & it's rumoured that Ben Arkell could be playing for them.

G'day everyone... I hope everyone is having a great off season.

Does anyone know how much Basketball NSW are charging for team entry for 2012? (with and without a supplied ref)

Are teams required to have the new court markings or can a team play on a home court with the old markings?

thanks!

State and Youth League are $2,068.00 per team (GST incl.), but yet to be ratified by the BNSW board. Associations that are unable to supply their referee quota will be charged $1500.00 per team (GST incl.) in addition to their entry fee.

As for courts, I'd expect you'd have to have the new markings by now.

SD.
    Illawarra Hawks - 40 years strong...and still kickin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Skindog the Hawk View Post
    State and Youth League are $2,068.00 per team (GST incl.)
    What does that cost cover?

thanks mate, do you know of any other requirements? like the association having to pay BNSW a fee every month?

basically, I've got a team formed but has no venue - tried talking to BNSW but it's like getting blood from a stone (to be fair it's probably because nothing is approved yet).. lol

surely they can offer help to start up teams

having to have the correct court marking could be a deal breaker though - but sheesh! it's only bloody state league
    Last edited by Jackit; 18-11-2011 at 08:23 AM.