Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Waratah State League

Quote Originally Posted by Jackit View Post
    basically, I've got a team formed but has no venue - tried talking to BNSW but it's like getting blood from a stone (to be fair it's probably because nothing is approved yet).. lol

surely they can offer help to start up teams

having to have the correct court marking could be a deal breaker though - but sheesh! it's only bloody state league
    You'd need to be linked to a BNSW affiliated association I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevo View Post
    Word is that Jim Arkell is coaching Ryde next year & it's rumoured that Ben Arkell could be playing for them.
    I've heard this as well... From a good mate of Bens.
    Basketball is truly the best sport ever created! Click on me!

Quote Originally Posted by stylin View Post
    I've heard this as well... From a good mate of Bens.
    Does this now mean the odds are for Ryde in 2012 to be the Lithgow of 2011?

Ryde website has Jim Arkell confirmed as coach.

In breaking news, Parra could be looking at a SL team too with trials reportedly on Sat 10th and 17th of December 4-6pm.

Considering I hear Penrith & Hornsby are out of SL, there could be a few players interested.

Quote Originally Posted by The Unbias Bias View Post
    Does this now mean the odds are for Ryde in 2012 to be the Lithgow of 2011?
    Ryde were actually not that bad last season. So with Ben and Jim there they will be very tuff! Not to mention the extra players that Ben will bring with him.

Interesting year now with Parra. Soon ABA will have no teams and SL will be the place to be! ;p

Haha... I think a couple of teams might be wishing they were back there next year

Haha... I think a couple of teams might be wishing they were back there next year
    so parra may have state league and aba?

or aba only

I'm assuming both...
    They're well into trials for WCL (ABA) & now there is talk about a SL team too but I haven't been able to find out if it's genuine.

cheers, will be interesting to see if they are competitive

I'm assuming both...
    They're well into trials for WCL (ABA) & now there is talk about a SL team too but I haven't been able to find out if it's genuine.
    WCL Men
    WCL Women
    SL Men
    YL Men

Can anyone answer the following question... will it now be compulsary to play domestic comp to play State League and Aba?

It depends on the association but it seems to be the trend in many places with several adding this requirement for next year.

I feel sorry for any Springwood recruits then.

Playing in a rubbish domestic comp on a lego court is not my idea of a Thursday night.

Springwood has never really enforced this rule for state league players to play in the domestic comp. Roughly half of the team don't even play in the domestic comp on the lego court lol

Springwood has never really enforced this rule for state league players to play in the domestic comp. Roughly half of the team don't even play in the domestic comp on the lego court lol
    Lego court was as nice as I would go.

I could of said steaming pile of cowshit but I didnt want an infraction.

Hey, at least they've got a floor in their stadium

yeah if that court is a "steaming pile of cowshit" I wonder what words you'd use for the Glebe, Ryde or Lithgow courts lol to be honest it's pretty bad, not as bad as it once was though.

yeah if that court is a "steaming pile of cowshit" I wonder what words you'd use for the Glebe, Ryde or Lithgow courts lol to be honest it's pretty bad, not as bad as it once was though.
    Steaming pile of cowshit X 2,3 & 4 respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by s**tkicker View Post
    Can anyone answer the following question... will it now be compulsary to play domestic comp to play State League and Aba?
    This should be mandatory.

100% agree.

However, I could name a mixture of players who didnt play a single domestic game for their respective clubs in 2011.
    Troll Alert.

Quote Originally Posted by s**tkicker View Post
    will it now be compulsary to play domestic comp to play State League and Aba?
    I don't agree for senior players since they generally give up enough time & expense to play rep ball plus often need recovery time to get over niggling injuries.

State League is perhaps understandable where teams are only training once a week but WCL teams are training twice a week plus playing at least once & often twice a week. It seems a bit much to expect them to give up another night each week, pay the crazy court fees & risk injury playing in a meaningless local comp as well. I know some WCL coaches expressly forbid players from playing in local comps.

I don't agree for senior players since they generally give up enough time & expense to play rep ball plus often need recovery time to get over niggling injuries.

State League is perhaps understandable where teams are only training once a week but WCL teams are training twice a week plus playing at least once & often twice a week. It seems a bit much to expect them to give up another night each week, pay the crazy court fees & risk injury playing in a meaningless local comp as well. I know some WCL coaches expressly forbid players from playing in local comps.
    common sense rules again

100% agree, especially for WCL players. What means more to players who are good enough to play at that level? Local comp wins or WCL wins? Obviously the latter.

From my experience most injuries to rep players I've played with & known occur during local comp games.

I see both sides of the argument. Our place has a rule that you must play local comp, but you can apply for an exemption. The Association heavily subsidises the Championship team so I don't think it's unreasonable for the players to try and participate and lift the standard of the local comp.

Yeah, but that's also a way to keep the riff raff out of the Shire.