Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Waratah State League

Quote Originally Posted by A Higher Authority View Post
    The final roster is still not settled at Macarthur, from what I hear, with a couple of recent departures.

On other teams, still no news from the Blaszczynski Brothers in WCL - is it possible they may end up at Ryde WSL with Ben Arkell?
    Springwood have benefitted with at least one former Panther for 2012 but otherwise the roster looks very familiar.

The push for a Springwood Women's team also may have stalled, following recent decisions by a couple of likely players to not pursue this option.

Any trial games coming up for any of the Sydney Metro teams?
    Good luck any team getting within a bee's dick of Ryde then.

Even the BlackCats wouldn't beat them.
    Troll Alert.

Newcastle will be entering a team this season and it's rumoured that they'll be strong. Their roster will be announced in the next couple of weeks. It's expected that a couple of the players from Port Stephens will join Newy and a couple of players from the Newcastle WCL team will drop back to State League as a result of the recruitment that's gone on at that level.

The Lake Mac team have moved to Tuggerah. Their coach will not be returning. The roster has changed a fair bit from what I've been told.

Haven't heard much about Cessnock or Maitland but I'm not expecting too many changes there. If Maitland have recruited into the WCL team then maybe a couple of players would drop down to State League. Maitland were reasonably strong last year when they got their shit together as a team anyway.

If Port Stephens manage to get a team in then it'll be weaker than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by s**tkicker View Post
    Good luck any team getting within a bee's dick of Ryde then.

Even the BlackCats wouldn't beat them.
    surely that would depend on whether stef decides whether he wants to play point guard

You may find that was a coach's initiative, rather than Stef's.

I'm sure he'd be more than happy perched on either wing feeding off Assists from BA.

You mean when BA occasionally misses & the ball comes off the ring right out to the wings?

At the stadium ready to beat you baseline

Quote Originally Posted by Jackit View Post
    The Lake Mac team have moved to Tuggerah. Their coach will not be returning. The roster has changed a fair bit from what I've been told.
    Lake Mac, based Tuggerah
    Power Blue, Niagra Park
    Power Red, Niagra Park

3 SL teams on Central Coast this year? Is that true? Hope one steps up.
    The older I get the better I used to be
    The better I used to be the younger I feel
    The younger I feel the more i'll drive baseline on you

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Lake Mac, based Tuggerah
    Power Blue, Niagra Park
    Power Red, Niagra Park

3 SL teams on Central Coast this year? Is that true? Hope one steps up.
    Are power putting any teams in? I heard that power blue folds and power red move back to gosford as crusaders this season... I'm really not sure though. It's something I heard a few months ago.

Didnt Power stack their team and make it awesome? Lol, that failed quicker than Macarthurs div 1 aspirations.

Maybe they could all combine to make a super shit CC team that no one would give a crap about.
    Troll Alert.

Didnt Power stack their team and make it awesome? Lol, that failed quicker than Macarthurs div 1 aspirations.

Maybe they could all combine to make a super shit CC team that no one would give a crap about.
    You seem like a positive person. Everything you say is having a go at a team. You must be a happy person ;p
    Basketball is truly the best sport ever created! Click on me!

LOL. Sorry I did laugh at that.

Ryde look like the team to beat this season.

Stylin, you bringing in the same team or have you got some extra's? Any of your YL players gone up? I remember seeing them a few years back and they were a big team.

Quote Originally Posted by StiLL Momentum View Post
    LOL. Sorry I did laugh at that.
    There are some who think that StiLL Momentum = s**tkicker so you'd be laughing at your own joke

Quote Originally Posted by StiLL Momentum View Post
    Stylin, you bringing in the same team or have you got some extra's? Any of your YL players gone up? I remember seeing them a few years back and they were a big team.
    No idea mate. Big changes have been and dont expect to see any familier faces. All YL guys with maybe 2 ex SL players. New people took over our senior program, they basically wanted a fresh start so the majority of us are not playing reps anymore.

So i have no real idea on the actual team or who is playing. I did hear they were looking in good form a month ago or so but i really dont know the actual team listing.

Ryde were actually not bad last year for their first season. With Arkell and extras they will definetly shake up the pool. Anyone know the pools yet? Have they changed?

I'm looking forward to these games this season:

Ballina v Shoalhaven
    Coffs v Griffith
    Grafton v Lithgow

I'm looking forward to these games this season:

Ballina v Shoalhaven
    Coffs v Griffith
    Grafton v Lithgow
    Are they all going to be playing each other? Seems weird as they are at opposite ends of the state. Or do you know the Pools already?

Interesting game next weekend, Bankstown SL playing Penrith ABA in a trial...

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    Are they all going to be playing each other? Seems weird as they are at opposite ends of the state. Or do you know the Pools already?
    Prepare yourselves for some f*cked up sh1t from BNSW, including, but certainly not limited to, North Pool and South Pool combining and playing their games at central venues. LOL.. I really hope they don't go through with this but if the clubs don't care then i suppose it doesn't matter.

Prepare yourselves for some f*cked up sh1t from BNSW
    Wow... they continue to set new lows lol

Quote Originally Posted by stylin View Post
    Anyone know the pools yet? Have they changed?
    Well from what I have heard the guys in BNSW decided to put Springwood in the Central Coast pool (go figure) but might be changing they team from there back to the Metro pool.

I dont really like the fact of putting two pools together and using a "central" venue. Doesn't make much sense.

Daveo, No I am not s**tkicker. His posts are funny at times due to the directness of them.

Looking forward to seeing how this season works out.

Sutherland won't have a State League Men's team this season

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Sutherland won't have a State League Men's team this season
    'cause all the players got promoted to the Championship squad?

Apparently, in the land before time, they used to have just a North pool and a South pool.. I don't mind that.. maybe they should just go back to it.

Anyway, would be good if Springwood and maybe one other team from Metro joined the East pool. The East pool is a lot stronger than some of you guys think and it really isn't that far away.

More news from Macarthur....

The "new" change has folded. I have no idea why and who was doing it all but after xmas only 4-5 guys returned so they have scrapped the whole thing.

The usual guys will be returning to pick up the pieces with extras from the old YL team. No idea as of yet as pretty much have weeks to start a "new" team and get ready for the first game...
    Last edited by stylin; 15-02-2012 at 08:10 AM.

I'm not really surprised since I gather some of the players they'd pulled back from elsewhere to play WCL weren't keen on sticking around to play SL.

Who is going to coach the new/old team now?

Quote Originally Posted by Daevo View Post
    I'm not really surprised since I gather some of the players they'd pulled back from elsewhere to play WCL weren't keen on sticking around to play SL.

Who is going to coach the new/old team now?
    Same coach who came in half way through the season last year. Luke Johnson.

The Pools are finally announced

North

Coffs Harbour
    Grafton
    Port Mac
    Tamworth
    Newcastle
    Lismore
    Crusaders

South

Griffith
    Wagga
    Canberra
    Goulburn
    Queabeyan
    Bathurst

East

Maitland
    Power
    Hawkesbury
    Tuggerah Lakes
    Illawarra
    Lithgow

West

Springwood
    Bankstown
    Hornsby
    Glebe
    Parramatta
    Ryde
    Macarthur
    Liverpool

Hawkesbury and Lithgow in the same pool but not Springwood?????

How about Illawarra out of East into South, Bathurst out of South into East!!!!

They are some apparent no-brainers which would provide more local interest and easier road trips for both teams AND FANS!
    Last edited by A Higher Authority; 17-02-2012 at 07:56 PM.