Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Waratah State League

Quote Originally Posted by MAIN_MAN View Post
    Is Greg Chaplin (ex Hills YL) playing for Liverpool? He was a solid player during his time at Hills, made some of the State's metro teams.
    looks like it...

Liverpool Spartans 68
    (M Jackson 17,G Chaplin 12,Z Hadzic 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackit View Post
    looks like it...

Liverpool Spartans 68
    (M Jackson 17,G Chaplin 12,Z Hadzic 10)
    Yeah, just had a look on their website, Greg's listed.
    Last edited by MAIN_MAN; 03-04-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAIN_MAN View Post
    That Liverpool team is a mens state league team? 3/4 of their players are under 6 foot.
    lol.

Actually their point guard wasn't too bad and handled the pressure well.

Mustangs v Jets in Maitland I think is the pick of the games this weekend. Mustangs appear to be fast but I've heard they lack some size. I expect Goodwin to take advantage of that and play a big role in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackit View Post
    Mustangs v Jets in Maitland I think is the pick of the games this weekend. Mustangs appear to be fast but I've heard they lack some size. I expect Goodwin to take advantage of that and play a big role in this game.
    Is Graham even playing???

Maitland didnt appear to have many of their bigs from last season playing so far. They are quick up and down the court, and have a few kids who can flat out shoot.
    "Missed shots are nothing more than the cost of doing business...and business is winning ball games"

no idea.. i just assumed he would be.

Any news on the weekend.

I endured Ryde beating Liverpool 77-49

Quote Originally Posted by A Higher Authority View Post
    Jets over Mustangs
    I assume that Graham and Benny were both playing then?

Dont know about many other results but the Power were comprehensivley beaten by Lithgow. Apparently the game turned ugly and was called off with 30seconds to go.

I have no further information on that as yet though
    "Missed shots are nothing more than the cost of doing business...and business is winning ball games"

Illawarra def tuggerah

Looks like there is no Division 2 finals this year with BNSW only taking the top 2 from each pool to fight it out for Division 1 title.

http://www.nswbasketball.net.au/even...AGEFORMATS.pdf

Appears that Lithgow have another import this season... a guy called Boaz Gregg.. sound familiar? he's the cousin of their 2011 import Jordan Gregg.

http://www.lithgowmercury.com.au/new...r/2520942.aspx

There was talk last year about Jordan bringing out his cousin but I thought maybe things had changed since he picked up the SEABL gig with Hobart or should I say, a C-Ball gig lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithgow Mercury
    Jordan was snapped up after his superb year with the Workies Lazers by the Hobart Chargers and is currently playing in the C-Ball competition.
    Last edited by Daevo; 17-04-2012 at 01:50 PM.

I'm not sure which comment is funnier, "C-ball competition" or "The Workies Lazers will start their campaign today when they take on the strong Central Coast CCYC Power" - Strong being the key word of emphasis here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Unbias Bias View Post
    I'm not sure which comment is funnier, "C-ball competition" or "The Workies Lazers will start their campaign today when they take on the strong Central Coast CCYC Power" - Strong being the key word of emphasis here.
    lol - yeh that is pretty funny. Someone at the paper got some wrong info that's for sure. They're playing the Jets this weekend so that should give a bit better indication of what they're like this season.

Some other great games this weekend. Springwood v Hornsby will be a good one. Tamworth have a tough double header against Newy and then CCC. I think Tamworth could get beaten on the Sunday by CCC, particularly if the Tamworth boys have a big night on the drink. Newy should give them a good run on the Saturday.

Decent win for Bankstown at Glebe tonight 76 - 61. Was a close game till the last five minutes.

Mustangs 81 - tuggerah lakes 55

Wow.. Tamworth losing both games on the weekend was a bit of a surprise.

Another good win for Bankstown beating Macarthur by 20ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
    Another good win for Bankstown beating Macarthur by 20ish.
    What happened to Macarthur?
    Basketball is truly the best sport ever created! Click on me!

Woops
    Last edited by MAIN_MAN; 05-05-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: ABA update in the wrong thread

Springwood beat Liverpool yesterday by 16 if i remember.

What was amazing was that the Liverpool coach in MVP voting voted 8-2 in favour of liverpool and out of the two points they pick a player who played 12 minutes and also a player who didn't even play the game and wasn't there. I believe that is just pathetic and bad sportsmanship on behalf of the liverpool coach.

Do you think they should bring in a standard for the mvp voting?

If you win by under 15 6-4 or 7-3 in votes
    if it's really close then 5-5 in votes
    Win by over 15 7-3 or 8-2 vote count
    if you lose you can't go higher than a 5 votes for your team.

Something like that where at least there is a standard the coaches have to abide too so garbage like what the liverpool coach did could not happen and it's done fairly both ways. Springwood had closer mvp votes when they lost to Hornsby and Ryde, lol. Yet beating Liverpool in their coaches mind means worse. I would not be surprised if he has done this every game.

Bankstown had a close win against Hornsby. Hornsby missing a 3 pointer on the buzzer to send the game into overtime. 67-64.

Liverpool coach gave almost all the MVP votes to his own team when they got smashed by Parra 110-68. I geuss MVP voting is on an honour system.

I've seen some crazy voting over the years... But the Liverpool stuff has nothing to do with me this year. As a general rule in the past I would pick the two best players from each team for votes and then results would determine which way the numbers fell.