Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Off Season Thread 2012

Default NBA Off Season Thread 2012

I didn't follow any of the prospects from the draft this year, so can't help you with good/bad picks, although on the surface, Detroit, Sacremento and New Orleans look like they may have made some picks to climb the rankings pretty quickly.

In terms of draft day trades, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. The only NBA player on the move was Azubuike, and I thought he retired 2 years ago. Every other trade was involved cash or picks on the day.

and of course, the big trade this morning that was on and off about 4000 times the past 48 hours finally happened after finding a third and fourth team to get involve.

LAC send: Mo Williams, (Furka Aldemir, #53 2012)
    LAC receive: Lamar Odom

DAL send: Lamar Odom, (Shan Foster, #51 200
    DAL receive: (Tadija Dragicevic, #53 200, Cash Considerations, $8.2m TPE

UTA send: (Tadija Dragicevic, #53 200,
    UTA receive: Mo Williams, (Shan Foster, #51 200

HOU send: Cash Considerations
    HOU receive: (Furka Aldemir, #53 2012)

I like it for Dallas, I like if for the Clippers, Utah upgrade their back up point and can now trade 1 of the 3 other back ups for some wing depth, and Houston get the rights to a 6'10 euro bloke who if he does show up, won't be here til 2014 at the earliest.

Clippers now look like:

CP3 / Bledsoe
    / Billups (1.2m)
    Butler / Gomes
    Griffin /Odom
    Jordan / Evans (850k)
    (likely vet min re-signs in red)

By renouncing the rights to Bobby Simmons, Kenyon Martin and Randy Foye, and trading either Trey Thompkins or Travis Lesile (750k) for a top 59 protected pick , the Clippers can offer the mini MLE of $3m per for 3 years. Likely targets would be Nick Young, Ray Allen or Jamal Crawford, although they may all balk at $3m

Nuggets drafted some French shooting guard who can't shoot at 20. Probably won't play next season.

Landed Quincy Miller at 38, likely to end up as the steal of the draft.

One bad, one good.

From what I've read Evan Fournier seems like a pretty good prospect.

Good passer, ball handler, improving shooter, who has improved a lot over the last 18 months and is still young
    Last edited by Sachmo; 30-06-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Yeah maybe, but it seems like there were better players available at the time (including two who would have been lottery picks if they'd gone in the draft last year) and he was drafted because he can stay in Europe next season more than anything else. Although he wants to be in the NBA next season, Denver already has 12 players and he wouldn't get in ahead Jordan Hamilton.

Plus it continues the line of Nuggets shooting guards who can't shoot (27% 3pt last season).

Rockets and Omar Asik (restricted) have agreed to a 3 year $25 million deal.

Portland will give Roy Hibbert (restricted) the maximum 4 year, $58 million deal.

Denver and Andre Miller have agreed on a 3 year, $9 million deal.

Asik's deal is loaded as a 5/5/15 contract. Bulls can't match and keep Noah or Boozer without being well into luxury tax in 2014/5.

Clippers making hard pursuit of Jamal Crawford who wants a 4 year ~$23m deal, as well as mutual interest with Ray Allen. Billups looking for a 1 year deal to stay in LA, Griffin has agreed to sign for a further 5 years, and CP3 has turned down the 3 year max extension as expected. He can get a 5 year max extension after next playoffs.

So is Paul likely to stay a Clipper?

Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    So is Paul likely to stay a Clipper?
    I think so. I think him not taking the option meant that instead of 3 years & $60M as an extension he can be offered 5 years & $105m as a free agent. I think the way the new CBA is written is that players will be financially better off if they become a free agent then re-sign with the team rather merely signing an extention.
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

I'm confident. He's getting what he wants in Billups likely returning (fingers crossed no later than December) and he is on a team that can be a contender when fully healthy. He will have his pick of coaches next year, as VDN is on his final year, and none of the major cities will have cap space, pending the outcome of Brooklyn chasing Scola and Joe Johnson, and what Dallas can sign (Nash, if they miss Deron?)

Jamal Crawford would be a handy addition to the Clippers too.
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

I'm not sure how I feel about Crawford, I think I'd prefer Young on a similar contract, if only because he can slide to the 3 in spots.

Nash reportedly will be offered 3 years, $36M by Toronto.

I read that if Mavs fall back on Nash they will offer similar for 2 years so he can play with good mate Dirk and finish up at home in Canada.

Joe Johnson wowsers. Eat dick Dwight.

So the Jazz traded their starting PG for....another forward? I know they've got Mo but they must have something else in the pipeline. Converting Nash to Mormon?

Dwight turning into a more hated player than LeBron with the way he is acting... I like the pickups Orlando got in the draft and I hope our new GM can make a good move in getting rid of Howard. Time for a full rebuild!

With all the cap space cleaning that the Hawks are doing, perhaps CP3 / Howard could end up there?

Dwight growing up in Atlanta and CP3 saying when he first came to the NBA he would like to play there, along with Dwight pairing up with bis best buddy Josh Smith?

Dwight may end up going to Brooklyn after all if the deal for Brook Lopez, the former Mr. Kim Kardashian (Kris Humphries, first two in sign and trade deals), MarShon Brooks, and the first round draft picks in 2014, 2015, and 2017 goes through, as ESPN's Chris Broussard reports this morning.
    Jusqui'ici tout va bien...

Deron picks the Nets

Orlando have no use for Hump... I think Dwight will end up in LA to be honest... I dont mind so long as whatever team he goes to takes Hedo with him.

Eric Gordon says I'm outtie, signs $58m 4 year max with Suns.

Hornets likely to say lol we don't giveafuqqqq and match the deal. They'll probably try s+t him back to Phx, if they're smart for some picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 15 View Post
    Orlando have no use for Hump... I think Dwight will end up in LA to be honest... I dont mind so long as whatever team he goes to takes Hedo with him.
    He doesn't want to play in LA apparently - rumoured rift with Bryant.

Yeah Kobe told him to come be his Tyson Chandler and he took offence to that.

Sarver gonna Sarver