6 Aug, 17:50: Australia v Russia, London 1

Opals preliminaries:
    29 Jul, 07:10: Australia v Great Britain, London 4
    30 Jul, 23:20: Australia v France, London 3
    1 Aug, 23:20: Australia v Brazil, London 3
    3 Aug, 20:05: Australia v Russia, London 2
    5 Aug, 23:20: Australia v Canada, London 4

Team USA (men) preliminaries:
    30 Jul, 01:10: USA v France, London 1 (not live?)
    1 Aug, 07:05: USA v Tunisia, London 2
    3 Aug, 07:05: USA v Nigeria, London 5
    5 Aug, 02:10: USA v Lithuania, London 5 (not live?)
    7 Aug, 07:07: USA v Argentina, London 1

All times AEST. For replays and other sports, the Foxtel guide lets you filter by sport here:
    http://www.foxtel.com.au/london2012/tvguide/default.htm

The "London" channels are channels 184-191 for most customers- 192-199 if you have an HD service.

To get the Olympic channels you must be a Foxtel or Austar residential sports subscriber- if you already pay for Fox Sports you're golden. You can also watch the London channels on an iPad or a supported Android tablet, using Foxtel's app, but you'll need to sign in with your Foxtel/Austar ID to see video.

The London channels are available on Xbox 360 if you are an Xbox Live Gold subscriber and subscriber to Foxtel for Xbox- it's an extra $50 for the duration of the Games.

If you get Foxtel for T-Box, then I don't know- the Foxtel site says no, but maybe you can bug your service provider.

UPDATE 25/7: Officially the Foxtel site says the Olympic offer doesn't apply to Optus TV, but one poster below says the London channels have appeared on Optus cable.

DN
    The Reverend Doktor Derek Nielsen, FEIT, CTAJ, v2.0

I thought the London channels were a short-term subscription thing, but we get them for free?

Yes, if you have the sports channels then you automatically get the olympic ones.

Does that apply to everyone, such as Optus customers who use the Foxtel service. As optus can not even give a straight answer when contacted Thursday last week and emailed earlier today (Monday)
    Life every day to the fullest as if it is your last

So Far 2 Taranaki Players have made in to the NBL:
    Jeremiah Trueman - Breakers
    Dillon Boucher - Breakers

With one still playing in the league:

C'mon Taranaki we want some more from the region make it to the nbl

They are progressively increasing the coverage during the games. Day one will have a couple of hours, day two a few more and so on. The games will be live every day and the last will be the fullest.

Is there an app for download where I can watch live streaming of foxtel on my iPad?

boz: the Foxtel site says "Offer does not apply to Foxtel on Xbox 360, Foxtel on T-Box customers and Optus TV featuring Foxtel customers." You might have to keep bugging Optus and see if they buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish83 View Post
    Is there an app for download where I can watch live streaming of foxtel on my iPad?
    Foxtel has one for the Games, but to see any video you have to be a Foxtel or Austar subscriber.

OP amended for clarity.

DN

Foxtel has one for the Games, but to see any video you have to be a Foxtel or Austar subscriber.

OP amended for clarity.

DN
    Ok, so if you're not a foxtel subscriber, what other options are available in terms of seeing bball matches? I had a look at the channel 9 olympic coverage guide - the only basketball being shown is the men's and women's gold medal matches.

Any live streaming on the net? Or am I going to be watching live scores update for 2 weeks straight?

Quote Originally Posted by Swish83 View Post
    Any live streaming on the net?
    No(t legally).

DN

Wish the idiots at optus could have said that instead of going not sure maybe on fox sports 1, 2 or 3. Don't know which channel

Anybody know of any pubs around inner Melbourne (preferably South/Port Melb, Albert Park or St Kilda) that will be showing the Boomers and games (preferably with sound), even the ones early in the morning eastern time?

According to Tigers on twitter, 7:30pm Mail Exchange Hotel- corner Bourke/Spencer Sunday night for the Boomers first game. Wear Tigers gear or Boomers/Opals gear for discounted drinks.

This'll work as a good double header with the Saints game at Etihad, with dinner in between. Now there's an idea!
    Misinforming the Ozhoops community since 2002.

Channels 184 onwards appeared tonight on optus tv. So hopefully for duration of games

Added USA men's schedule to the OP.

DN

Swish83,

What I was informed mid last week was one of Foxsports 1 or Foxsports 2 or Foxsports 3.

As I posted earlier tonight (25th July). I have Sports package on Pay Tv through optus (Foxtel rebadged).

I was able to get Channels 184 to 191 on the Digital Pay TV of Optus TV earlier tonight (25th July).

My statement unsure, is whether or not will get this channel Thursday 26th or over the weekend. One never knows with the broadcast.

anyhow, the TV guide for the 184-191 channels can be found in the following pdf
    http://www.foxtel.com.au/cms/groups/...t/p_089402.pdf

Updated to show Xbox Live coverage details.

DN

During the week there was a ch 9/foxtel tv guid, asuming that everything shown will be on 9 as well as I don't have foxtel anymore looks like there is a Boomers/ or, and Opals game on just about every day which is somewhat good news for us. I love being an Australian and all but did nine think that Australian's might want to see some of the other country's facing off? Gotta admit in the past watching the Boomers day after day for a week gets a bit boring, come on Nine not every one got Fox Box
    Riding the Waves

Are there extra channels on free to air just for the Olympics? I heard a few weeks ago that channell 9 were running tests on digital channels 94 and 95. I rescanned for new channels but didn't find them, though im in a poor reception area. Anyone else find anything?

Yeah, I've got a 94 and 96.

I have got a 94 but there is only shite on it. Only 9 and Gem have the games but I am unsure if they will show different content.

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    Only 9 and Gem have the games but I am unsure if they will show different content.
    Yes, with channel 94/95/96/whatever for the 3D simulcast? Not that I care, Foxtel all the way for this IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    DN
    Or friends with a subscriber who will give you their details to enable the video in the app.

Quote Originally Posted by thomnuffy View Post
    Or friends with a subscriber who will give you their details to enable the video in the app.
    Yep, that's what I'm doing from OS along with an Aussie proxy. It's a good service. I'm impressed by the quality of picture. It's actually my own Foxtel account, but I'd recommend your idea as an option.
    Last edited by rjd; 28-07-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Yesssss, Johnny Casey is back!

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    I have got a 94 but there is only shite on it. Only 9 and Gem have the games but I am unsure if they will show different content.
    Further to this, does anyone smarter than me know why Gem and 9 show the same content (with the volume just a bit softer on Gem than it is on 9)?
    Wouldn't it make sense to show full games/greater coverage of specific events on Gem and leave 9 to the broader brush stuff and the roving coverage?