Thread: Wheres a good place to watch the Boomers/Opals Live on the Internet? (No Foxtel)

Default Wheres a good place to watch the Boomers/Opals Live on the Internet? (No Foxtel)

I downloaded "HDTV Player 0.38", I Google it.

Watched the Opening game Boomers vs Brazil perfectly, where I could adjust the screen and the connection speed as well etc etc, but today when I go to watch the Opals 2nd game, none of the options are there anymore to adjust anything, so Its lagging bigtime cause I think its set on High Quality permanently and the options all look a little different, less options.

It worked for me yesterday, but now its not.

I checked alot of the other links, they work, but I want to listen to Casey and Gaze commentating.

Please dont reply with something smart like "on chanel nine" or "on the TV" thank you.
    Last edited by FaceAndBum; 31-07-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    Mod Edit
    ARE the Townsville Crocs Scamming on PC Singlets?. *vote HERE

"Now when I put it down, oh yep I do IT,
    And when I put it down, oh yes I do IT,
    And when I put it down, oh yep I do IT,
    And when I put it down, oh yes I do IT."

Best lyrics ever. also the sound effects, especially the scratching, are just cool. It's like it was made in a ProStudio. $1.69 well spent.

"Your Mum has a little 'look' around the place"

"Cassey" (sic) and Gaze are apparently also doing some games for the BBC so if you can find a BBC feed you'll get them.

However, most of the online streaming feeds are kinda-sorta-completely illegal and the IOC and broadcasters are trying to get them shut down as quickly as they pop up. So you might be SOL.

DN
    The Reverend Doktor Derek Nielsen, FEIT, CTAJ, v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    In the crib room.
    I was also going to post in my 1st post, that our works crib room and the other site stations dont have Foxtel. Prob because everyone that works here would be sitting down all day watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    "Cassey" (sic) and Gaze are apparently also doing some games for the BBC so if you can find a BBC feed you'll get them.

However, most of the online streaming feeds are kinda-sorta-completely illegal and the IOC and broadcasters are trying to get them shut down as quickly as they pop up. So you might be SOL.

DN
    Thanks for that. Maybe the "HDTV Player 0.38" has been shut down too?. What is 'SOL' ?.
    Mod Edit

Best lyrics ever. also the sound effects, especially the scratching, are just cool. It's like it was made in a ProStudio. $1.69 well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceAndBum View Post
    I downloaded "HDTV Player 0.38", I Google it.

Watched the Opening game Boomers vs Brazil perfectly, where I could adjust the screen and the connection speed as well etc etc, but today when I go to watch the Opals 2nd game, none of the options are there anymore to adjust anything, so Its lagging bigtime cause I think its set on High Quality permanently and the options all look a little different, less options.

It worked for me yesterday, but now its not.

I checked alot of the other links, they work, but I want to listen to Casey and Gaze commentating.

Please dont reply with something smart like "on chanel nine" or "on the TV" thank you.
    You can right click on the video in hdtv player and choose the quality option and change it to low. I had to do that for everything yesterday or it wouldn't stream properly. It seems to be back to the player from the boomers game now though. Was watching the American girls perfectly fine on high quality this morning.

Thanks for that. Maybe the "HDTV Player 0.38" has been shut down too?. What is 'SOL' ?.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SOL
    The Reverend Doktor Derek Nielsen, FEIT, CTAJ, v2.0

YOLO.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyHead View Post
    You can right click on the video in hdtv player and choose the quality option and change it to low. I had to do that for everything yesterday or it wouldn't stream properly. It seems to be back to the player from the boomers game now though. Was watching the American girls perfectly fine on high quality this morning.
    Are you talking about the option on the bottom right (High, med, low, low2, low3) ?. I was clicking that during the 1st Boomers game on med and was fine, then last night during the women's game, all those options seem to have disappeared and something else was there instead not letting me change anything.... But tonight, all options were back for the 2nd Boomers game..Weird.
    Mod Edit

Reproduced from the SEABL Women 2012 thread
    (great tip that deserves a larger audience)

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Okay, you want to watch the Olympic basketball, yes, but you don't have Foxtel and Channel 9 is giving you the shivering quits. Fear not: the Professor has the solution provided you have broadband, a pc, and Google Chrome;

First, google 'expat shield' and download the software. Install it. Your computer now thinks you are an expat Brit homesick for the BBC.

Next, go on to the BBC, click on their Olympic game coverage. You then choose your sport and away you go - complete total unbroken stream of the game.

I'm watching China v Russia as I write this and I'm waiting for the Australia Spain game to start.

Yeah, sounds like a great solution, but I wouldn't pretend to be a Pom for anything.

YOLO.

Are you talking about the option on the bottom right (High, med, low, low2, low3) ?. I was clicking that during the 1st Boomers game on med and was fine, then last night during the women's game, all those options seem to have disappeared and something else was there instead not letting me change anything.... But tonight, all options were back for the 2nd Boomers game..Weird.

Nope, when it switched to the other player you had to right click the actual video (the middle bit) and it brought up a quality option that you could change. It only had high medium or low for you though. You couldnt do low 1, 2 or 3 like in the normal player.

It seems to have switched back to normal anyways Stream worked fine last night for the game.

Even the Sydney Morning Herald's reporting on it... Gaming the games: How Net tools dodge network TV coverage...
    Illawarra Hawks - 40 years strong...and still kickin'!