Page 16 of 98 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Nbl.tv

For those watching on iDevices, please no comments on scores/results here - I'm going to watch it on web tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by singy View Post
    Go to your App Store icon on your iPhone, and it should automatically let you know which apps have an update waiting. Then either tap on "Update" next to the NBL.TV logo, or tap "Update all". It should start downloading & installing all the updates from the App Store and then you're good to go.
    Cheers.

Nuffy, can you get on NBL.TV at 7.30pm your time and see if it is simulcasting with ONE's eastern coverage over there?

Is the quality of the replay horrendous for anyone else? Even forcing it to 2.4 looks awful.

The Hawks/Kings game has already started on nbl.tv (PC) but on TV, they're still doing the opener. Interesting. So, it's not a simulcast, the game feed on nbl.tv just starts at the same time as the TV broadcast. So, it still pays to watch it online, even when it's a Ten/One game.

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    Someone explain to mattic that the Crocs aren't playing. We may have a new basketball fan?
    Once I had it working, I turned it off.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Same, but a quick refresh and applying 2.4mbps speed has fixed the quality for me.
    Also, if you right click the video and go to settings, there's an option there for how much NBA.tv is allowed to store on you computer. I put it up to unlimited. I don;t know if that would make a difference. My view had no jerkiness at all while I was watching it; and none for the past 5mins with the Kings game on.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Is the quality of the replay horrendous for anyone else? Even forcing it to 2.4 looks awful.
    Mine was patchy. At times, the picture was perfect, and at others (usually long shots of the court) it looked like 8bit video games.
    "I think it's time to discuss your uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour"

Its nbl tv on Fridays for us in Perth - only have to wait 2hrs instead of the 4 as the telecast on nbl tv started at 7.30pm

The feed is pausing semi-regularly so far for me though.
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Feed was flawless for me. Watched it through a laptop plug to my TV. If this is the standard I will have no regrets.

The commentary on the other hand...they need to make sure they get guys who know who the guys are on the court and not state "facts" that are made up. Casey Frank had to correct that jabroni more than once. But this is hardly NBL TV's fault. NBL must get better at this.

Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    The score graphic could be improved by being smaller, more transparent and more in the corner. That's Sky's graphic, I think. Nothing to do with NBL.tv
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Wiezels View Post
    The commentary on the other hand...they need to make sure they get guys who know who the guys are on the court and not state "facts" that are made up. Casey Frank had to correct that jabroni more than once. But this is hardly NBL TV's fault. NBL must get better at this.
    Yeah, both of those issues are with Sky NZ.

Fired it up on my iPad (first-gen) over Optus 3G for a few minutes in each game as a test- didn't have any difficulties. The real test is tomorrow with their own OB crew, but for now it's a good start

Late edit: doesn't work in the PS3 browser at this stage.

DN
    The Reverend Doktor Derek Nielsen, FEIT, CTAJ, v2.0

Just remember though, anyone with a ratings box HAS to watch it on ONE and Ten!! Good news though that on Sundays you can get games live on PC in Perth.

FWIW I havent been able to get it working at all on PC tonight (get the same error message that I occasionally get from Euroleague.tv) but it's been flawless on the i-pad.

I also watched the last quarter of hawks/kings on the iphone (i couldnt wait for the delayed!). That was also excellent quality.

Perth Arena. Thought I'd camp out here 'till the Wildcats move in.

I watched a replay of some of the NZ-Perth game, and found it worked pretty well, so no complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    nope, mine was fine, couldn't fault it, even running it through to my 50 in ch tv via hdmi it still looked great.
    Visit Cant Buy a Basket ... and follow us on Twitter @cantbuyabasket

I haven't been able to get any replays to work on my iphone or iPad on either 3G or wifi.

Watched some of it live on the iPhone which was fine.

Went to a mates house and watched the replay on his laptop connected to tv. Quality was poor.

Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    I haven't been able to get any replays to work on my iphone or iPad on either 3G or wifi.

Watched some of it live on the iPhone which was fine.
    same... replays not working on iphone for me either, replays work fine on pc though
    1 of the PERTH WILDCATS natives!
    NEVERNDN OH4 & OH CHAMPS 2015

Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    Went to a mates house and watched the replay on his laptop connected to tv. Quality was poor.
    I got home just in time for the final 11 seconds of the game live so I can't comment on the live feed. We watched the replay from my lappy to the tv with an HDMI cable last night but we were very happy with the replay quality up until the final about 2 minutes when it broke up quite a bit. However we are on wireless internet and just put that down to an increased load on that system. If we can get that sort of quality throughout the season I will be happy. Remembering what I had to watch last year makes me a little easier to please than others whose internet delivers higher quality images perhaps?
    Suck it up Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by garvs View Post
    same... replays not working on iphone for me either, replays work fine on pc though
    Got an email from NBL TV as follows.

At the moment we are experiencing some techincal diffulculties with our Match Replays on iPad and iPhone. You will be able to watch them on the web though without issue. We are working to get this issue fixed as soon as possible.

Sounds like more testing needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    Got an email from NBL TV as follows.

At the moment we are experiencing some techincal diffulculties with our Match Replays on iPad and iPhone. You will be able to watch them on the web though without issue. We are working to get this issue fixed as soon as possible.

Sounds like more testing needed.
    Did you email them about it? Or did they just send you that email? I haven't received anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I had no problems with my laptop, but playing through Apple TV only worked for a short time before the message "an error occurred loading this content. try again later" appeared.
    Sam, this happened to me as we'll, every three to five minutes, I think it was the app sort of crashing on my ipad that was causing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballer999 View Post
    i had prob with it cutting on ipad to apple tv but i turned off screen saver on my apple tv then tryed it and still cut out so then i turned the auto lock off on my ipad and it cut once in the last 7 mins of the game i will try it again on more games hopefully i dont get cut outs all the time
    If you can work out may it is happening pleas tell. Same thing was happening to me

Quote Originally Posted by shonky View Post
    If you can work out may it is happening pleas tell. Same thing was happening to me
    Yes when using airtime, you have to turn auto lock off.

My estimate of the first half of the breakers/cats match watched using 3G connection on my phone is 250MB - so roughly half a gig per game.

(for those interested, calculated from: my total data usage was 285 for the day and the average usage for the 17 previous days in my billing cycle was 28MB)

With regards to the highlights on NBL tv, they need a narrative (narrator) for the highlights of games (a la foxsports)

1. to let watchers know what quarter it is

2. game momentum / momentum swing

3. pivotal moments of games (ie even get the narrator to say)- 'the crucial moment came at...')

4. better highlights, the highlights shown was merely each shot going in, not much else (a couple of dunks), needs some block shots, a player diving in desperation to save a ball going out of bounds, and reactions of the crowd.

5. the highlights package were edited badly it didnt look like it had any meaning or purpose to basketball :P

^ Applies for job of highlights editor at NBL.tv :P

Who are the NBL.TV commentators? I'm asking because otherwise we won't know the full lineup for a while as in the first two rounds they are only producing a couple of Taipans home fixtures. Then there's the other extreme as Wildcats and Kings first non-FTA home games aren't played until Rounds 8 and 10.
    Last edited by Julian; 08-10-2012 at 06:58 PM.