Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2012/13

Arrow Nba 2012/13

Might as well get it started now, after the ridonk trade that has just happened.

OKC send Harden, Aldrich, Cook to HOU for Martin, Lamb, 2013 1st DAL, 2013 1st TOR, 2013 2nd CHA.

I think I really like it for both teams.

I'll update the thread with ESPN guide and some predictions later.

Hope he continues to develop. Should be fun in Houston this year.

Had an hour to think while I draft more fNBA. They traded him over $2m per year....

While you don't want to lose a player like Harden, getting Martin and a guy just picked in the first round and two first rounders is a pretty good deal. They probably go a bit backwards this year, but the chances to add more first round talent should pay off in the future.

Houston got a great deal for Harden, I have to say that. And OKC got the best deal for Harden at the apex of his value.

But I don't know if this is the best outcome for Harden. If you're leaving $5 mil on the table to go from a championship contender to a lottery team, is that really worth the paycut? (If it was 15-20 mil then that's different but 5mil's different).

As a longtime Rockets fan(from the 90's) i like this deal. We giveu Martin who was leaving at seasons end. Lamb is a good prospect but that will be atleast 2 to 3 years away and i like Cole Aldrich.He is a solid big man who can play behind Asik. The Raptors pick for next season will probaly be in the 8 to 14 mark range as the Raptors are not going to be that bad this season. We also have the cap space to sign a max free agent in in next offseasons free agency market.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Patterson
    Asik

Next season hopefully once we sign another big name, things will start to take shape for us.

Also a Rockets fan, and happy to get a very good player.

Aside from PF we have a very solid starting lineup as Speigel mentioned, and we have some talent on the books in Jones, Motiejunas and White.

Still cap flexibility to add a big name PF next season - whether that be a guy like Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap. LaMarcus Aldridge a pipe dream.

If you're relying on Asik and Aldrich to get the job done in the middle, you're already up shit creek.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Quote Originally Posted by PyroCross View Post
    But I don't know if this is the best outcome for Harden. If you're leaving $5 mil on the table to go from a championship contender to a lottery team, is that really worth the paycut? (If it was 15-20 mil then that's different but 5mil's different).
    My thoughts too. Even an average NBA salary for a couple of years would/should set you up for life.

But I guess when you haven't been in that situation, you can't know what it's really like.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroCross View Post
    Houston got a great deal for Harden, I have to say that. And OKC got the best deal for Harden at the apex of his value.

Except if he signs a contract with Houston at $80m, it's a $30m difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    If you're relying on Asik and Aldrich to get the job done in the middle, you're already up shit creek.
    Depends what you are asking them to do. Asik is one of the best defensive big men in the league.

Does anyone buy this "culture of sacrifice" garbage that people have been sprouting about OKC?

Westbrook and Durant got max.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood Jablome View Post
    Does anyone buy this "culture of sacrifice" garbage that people have been sprouting about OKC?

Westbrook and Durant got max.
    Everyone else sacrifices so the studs can get max....that's how it works

Durant got supermax, Westbrook max. This means Westbrook gave up 5% of the cap, or $16 million over 5 years.

Doesnt the new CBA not allow those two to take paycuts? So the Thunder signed their studs, in order of them being drafted, and its unfortunate that Harden was third in line, but he needed to make a sacrifice if he wanted to keep playing Finals.

edit - the sacrifice comment may also be a swipe at Harden's complaint after winning game 1 of the Finals. Unhappy with 22 minutes and 5 shots. The team won, he had nothing to complain about.
    Last edited by Cussy; 30-10-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    Aik is one of the best defensive bigs in the game. He also averaged almost 13 boards in just over 26 minutes in the preseason. He is rebounding monster.We also have Montienjues as his backup wh can score in quick time. Aldrich is not that bad either. Pattrick Pattersn is another big who can alternate at the 4 and the 5 spot.
    Last edited by Spiegel; 30-10-2012 at 07:06 PM.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and tip Rondo for MVP

Hey, has anyone got an update on Vancouver, and why the NBA didn't succeed there?

Impressed by some of the scrap work by Dallas missing 2 starters today. I thought they would be lucky to make the 8 after the Dirk injury, but at full strength they could surprise a few teams and push the Griz/Clippers for the 5 spot.

Brand, Collison and the rookie Crowder were great.

The box score doesn't really reflect it, but I was impressed with Brand and Wright considering the opposition and that neither will be starting in a few weeks time.

Based on one game, Princeton will get Gasol lots of 15-18 foot jump shots. Shame he's an average shooter from that range.

Ginobili out tonight, will Patty get some minutes?

Harden 37 points 12 assists 7 boards 4 steals on 13-25 fg.Not bad at all. We got a bargin. Lin had a solid 12 points 8 assists along with Asik 12 points 9 boards 3 blocks.

Actually I think it was 14/25.
    Damn good game from him, although the Pistons stink.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand the Nuggets have started off the season in their now-typical fashion: playing rubbish against an average team missing one of it's starters. Conference Finals here we come.