Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2012/13

Cousins is a cancer, but a very talented one. The trade above makes the kings worse than the Suns talent wise, with no nice trading pieces to try rebuild again.

Also, a back court of IT, brooks, jimmer, tyreke, Thornton, terry and Lee could be an issue....

Sam Amick, kings reporter, just tweeted teams are being told Cousins is not available, and that he won't be going to the Celtics.

He's usually pretty spot on.

Anyone else here spend the last 6 months reading the Player Capsules on Gothic Ginobli?
    Now all 370 are finished, I'm lost for a go-to NBA read over my morning coffee
    Any suggestions?

lol @ the lakers record
    13/14: 4th
    14/15: 31st
    15/16: 125th
    16/17: 33rd
    17/18: 8th Fantasy: 45th
    18/19: 21st Fantasy: 183rd

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    lol @ the lakers record
    Indeed. 15-18 with @ HOU, @ SA and vs OKC to come.
    Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow

Stealing from another forum:

8th seed in the west is currently on pace for 45 wins, but I think the minimum to get into the playoffs will be more around 47-48 wins. Here are the records the Lakers need to achieve for the remainder of the season to get the necessary wins:

Final Wins: W-L record needed
    45: 30-19
    46: 31-18
    47: 32-17
    48: 33-16
    49: 32-15
    50: 33-14
    And

Home
    OKC twice
    Miami
    Jazz (who they seem to struggle against)

Away
    @Houston
    @Spurs - 2nd night of B2B
    @Chicago - 2nd night of B2B
    @Memphis

Heck with the way the Raptors have been playing, it wouldn't surprise me if they beat the Lakers at home.

The very winnable games are Cavs and Hornets at home and more than likely the Bucks who have been a pleasant surprise. They then finish with Suns on a B2B.

For them to even go .500 in this stretch would surprise me. By then, it's nearly game over depending on how the other teams do. A loss to Utah & Houston would put them even further behind.
    -------------
    Also just had a quick look. Their March looks decent aside from games against OKC/ATL/Indy, they could really put together a nice run HOWEVER (there is always a however), they only have 4 home games ALL MONTH!

Quote Originally Posted by singy View Post
    Indeed. 15-18 with @ HOU, @ SA and vs OKC to come.
    I can definitely see three consecutive losses out of that.

It is indeed great to see the Now Deservedly Crumbling Evil Laker Empire struggling as they are. Only thing that will make it even better is they end up having a even worse record now than they actually do! A great time for us legions of haters worldwide to rejoice at least for now--see Washington and Charlotte. (If only Blake would dunk on Kobe soon...)

Inevitably, you do get the splashback from the likes of Coach Pete after years of ranting my explicit hate of that morally corrupt evil. I, "Dumbasscrabs" (actually like the moniker and LOL'ed from it or some form thereof! ) realize, as a lifelong fan, Phoenix are least talented on paper. If you read my Phoenix Suns thread, I note that I am convinced we are not playoff-bound anyway at the beginning of the season. This is to be expected. But there's still time to turn it around and get better in the second half. In fact, projectors say they can go either way. But most say no. Unfortunately, the Suns are last in the Pacific Division right now as they utilize their young talent to gel together a team better than what we're seeing over in LA. As Houn'Dawg notes, Phoenix is using their mostly young and anonymous talent as well as they are while learning together. If the Suns don't surpass the NDCELE and make the playoffs, I'll just be satisfied with Phoenix finishing with a better record than the NDCELE.
    Jusqui'ici tout va bien...

Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    Sam Amick, kings reporter, just tweeted teams are being told Cousins is not available, and that he won't be going to the Celtics.

He's usually pretty spot on.
    Too bad, Cousins could learn how to be professional player and leader to go along with his talent from KG and Doc in Boston

Know this was something Stern aspired to do. But players do know London, Paris, and Rome and all of them have great nightlifes. Travel is an issue. We've seen mostly attempts from lower-tiered pro sports leagues, many that never got off the ground like the Global Hockey League and the Global Basketball Association, got too ambitious for this trans-continental plan of having teams based from the other side of the pond. Only league to do it successfully was the World League of American Football (later NFL Europe)--teams based in Britain (London Monarchs), Spain (Barcelona Dragons), and Germany (Frankfurt Galaxy). Teams were later added more in Germany (Rhein Fire, Berlin Thunder, Hamburg Sea Devils, and Cologne Centurions), Scotland (Scottish Claymores), and The Netherlands (Amsterdam Admirals). Plans were slated for Italy (Milan Devils) and Mexico City but were later jettisoned at the start of 1991. But would the EuroLeague and the domestic leagues through out Europe oppose this as they see as an impediment to the continuing development of the local game? Travel technology remains an issue. I do remember Stern hoped to see Mexico City join the NBA back in the 1990s, but after the notorious fall of the peso in that decade, whatever plans there were scrapped. Even NBA China couldn't get off the ground.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...1699--nba.html
    Last edited by Durbansandshark; 08-01-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    Jusqui'ici tout va bien...

Quote Originally Posted by Durbansandshark View Post
    I can definitely see three consecutive losses out of that.

It is indeed great to see the Now Deservedly Crumbling Evil Laker Empire struggling as they are. Only thing that will make it even better is they end up having a even worse record now than they actually do! A great time for us legions of haters worldwide to rejoice at least for now--see Washington and Charlotte. (If only Blake would dunk on Kobe soon...)

Inevitably, you do get the splashback from the likes of Coach Pete after years of ranting my explicit hate of that morally corrupt evil. I, "Dumbasscrabs" (actually like the moniker and LOL'ed from it or some form thereof! ) realize, as a lifelong fan, Phoenix are least talented on paper. If you read my Phoenix Suns thread, I note that I am convinced we are not playoff-bound anyway at the beginning of the season. This is to be expected. But there's still time to turn it around and get better in the second half. In fact, projectors say they can go either way. But most say no. Unfortunately, the Suns are last in the Pacific Division right now as they utilize their young talent to gel together a team better than what we're seeing over in LA. As Houn'Dawg notes, Phoenix is using their mostly young and anonymous talent as well as they are while learning together. If the Suns don't surpass the NDCELE and make the playoffs, I'll just be satisfied with Phoenix finishing with a better record than the NDCELE.
    I suppose when you follow a franchise that has never won jack shit, the only thing you can delight in is a minor hiccup in the record of one of the greatest sporting franchises of all time. Must be terrible following perennial losers. If I wanted to be cynical I could probably blame Mr Nash for the way things have turned out this season. Spending so long as a loser in Phoenix hasn't prepared him to play for a winning team Whatever happens this season, the Lakers will be back challenging for a title again before Phoenix will.

Things sure as hell aren't going to get any easier in the near future with Howard, Gasol and Hill all out for the Texas road double

trade poor gas hole for amaree. Amaree was best big man in the league when he played before with Nash and dantony
    KINGS IN FINALS THIS YEAR BOOK IT!!!!!

Lakers in a world of hurt. Losing games in similar fashions - burnt in fast break points and can't get stops down the stretch.

Avery Bradley is the best perimeter defender in the league. Just watching him blow up play after play by the Knicks guards trying to initiate offense. If he and KG stay healthy, the Cs will remain a threat thru their D.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachpete View Post
    a minor hiccup in the record of one of the greatest sporting franchises of all time.
    I'd call it a major hiccup. If they fail to make the playoffs, their record of "the greatest" will be forever tainted.

Anyone see how the great wounded Bulls defeated the full strength defending champions in Miami?

Oklahoma City 99 Washington 101. What the?!

Intense game at The Garden today. Melo and KG were at each other the whole way, and somehow managed to avoid being ejected. Melo went 6/25 from the field. Ouch.

Oklahoma City 99 Washington 101. What the?!
    San Antonio 88 New Orleans 95. Triple what the???

Chicago defeats Cleveland by 26... move along, nothing to see here.

Intense game at The Garden today. Melo and KG were at each other the whole way, and somehow managed to avoid being ejected. Melo went 6/25 from the field. Ouch.
    Very immature performance by Melo today. Shows he still has a ways to go to be a championship calibre type guy.

San Antonio 88 New Orleans 95. Triple what the???
    I would say the Washington result is a fair bit more shocking. The Hornets/Pelicans I feel are a team to be reckoned with now Gordon is back in action.

Vasquez, Gordon, Davis, Anderson are very good players and Lopez is also having a nice season.

Quote Originally Posted by smk762 View Post
    I'd call it a major hiccup. If they fail to make the playoffs, their record of "the greatest" will be forever tainted.

Anyone see how the great wounded Bulls defeated the full strength defending champions in Miami?
    They've missed the playoffs 5 times in their history, as recently as 2005. Once more will hurt but doesn't change their record of excellence. I said "one of the greatest", which they are.

Do all the Kings players have out-clauses in their contracts if/when the team moves? I don't think I'd be happy going there right now.
    Here's what Jason Terry thinks about the potential move:

RIP Melbourne Tigers.

And how about Dwight with the sweet assist to Gallo for the clutch 3.

RIP Melbourne Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachpete View Post
    They've missed the playoffs 5 times in their history, as recently as 2005. Once more will hurt but doesn't change their record of excellence. I said "one of the greatest", which they are.
    I don't dispute their historical greatness, rather the magnitude of their current "hiccup". Rare to see such a decorated starting five fail to enter the post season. Apologies if my statement agitates the pain of unmet expectations. It'll all be forgotten in a decade or so.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett jawed from baseline to midcourt, and Anthony still had more to say.
    So the Knicks forward went toward the Celtics locker room after the game to keep shouting, taking his frustrations from the court right along with him and perhaps risking an NBA suspension.

Anthony left without talking to reporters and the Knicks wouldn't comment on Anthony's postgame trip in the wrong direction, but Celtics coach Doc Rivers didn't deny it.
    ''I'm going to let you all figure that one out. I'm going to stay out of that,'' Rivers said. ''If it was the playoffs I'd tell on him, but since it's not I'm going to just be quiet.''
    Rivers didn't need to. MSG Network reported the incident, in which security had to step in and send Anthony back in the right direction, as it went to its postgame show, and the league likely will investigate and could penalize the Knicks' leading scorer.
    Idiot. Add this to what I said above about being immature.