Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Tigers v Sydney Kings - 6/1/13

Default Melbourne Tigers v Sydney Kings - 6/1/13

Should be an interesting game. Sydney's pressure has got the better of Melbourne at key moments this year but can they apply it with the same intensity after such a short turnaround? This game will tell us a lot about Melbourne, if they cant win this they certainly arent for real. A Tigers win puts one loss diff between the teams and means we have five teams in the playoff race with Townsville also lurking.

46-44 in the Kings favour with 7:50 to go in 3rd Quarter. Lazare and Madgen having decent games for the Kings and Goulding leading the way for the Tigers.

55-52 Tigers leading at 3Q time.

Nice dive Goulding.

NBL refs again showing they are below par.

Was Ballinger EVER in position?

Meh. The cricket is on.

Did Scott have to foul Garlepp in the backcourt up 5 with 10 seconds left? Was very much an intentional foul. Didn't matter in the end.

Commentator talking about this perhaps being the 'start of something special' for the Tigers and that they 'gave the competition a start but reeling them in'.

No shot-attempt from the Kings? What happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post
    No shot-attempt from the Kings? What happened there?
    Goulding stripped of the ball (said his arm was nearly ripped off in the post-game interview!) a long way from the basket in the last couple of seconds. Too late for Sydney.

Cracking game! How good was Tomlinson's behind the back to Lewis for the jam and Goulding's alley-oop to Scott? Scott seemed to hang up there for an eternity!

Quote Originally Posted by NZB View Post
    Goulding stripped of the ball (said his arm was nearly ripped off in the post-game interview!) a long way from the basket in the last couple of seconds. Too late for Sydney.
    Thanks was just following the live scores and wanted to know what happened

Did anyone else crack up when Gaze said there is no way Ben Madgen should get open on a backdoor play?!

Smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall.

....and thank you to Andrew Graze, the gate man.
    "I think it's time to discuss your uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour"

How did Madgen not get atleast a tech foul for throwing that chair?
    13/14: 4th
    14/15: 31st
    15/16: 125th
    16/17: 33rd
    17/18: 8th Fantasy: 45th
    18/19: 21st Fantasy: 183rd

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    Yeah, he really lost his cool there, was very lucky I thought... Maybe because the ref didn't cop the full brunt? He really had nothing to complain about on the play though, just frustration I guess... Good to see him retain his cool and pull that charge...

Just a few mental lapses and some missed shots the difference... Tigers looking a lot more composed now and I think leaving the starters off the court for that long in the final quarter when they were starting to pull away was a bit of a blunder...

Ah well, got 1 of 2 for the weekend, it could have been worse... On the improve from the previous round, great to see Lazare stepping up with a big effort too...
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

Not exactly a great spectacle of a game, but it was close and hard fought so it definitely kept me interested.
    I was actually glad to see the chair thing not whistled for a tech. Kudos to the refs for that one.

I look forward to seeing Melbourne over here next weekend and putting their little streak to an end.

http://youtu.be/pHmR5qouv2M

Video of Madgen throwing the chair...
    I do stuff at www.andthefoul.net

I thought that was a very good spectacle. Open free-flowing first half, hard-fought second half, runs from both teams, low turnover rate, big shots, big dunks, some niggle, close finish. I wouldnt really ask for much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    If we want consistency, then Chair Gate should have at least been a tech. Far less has been called a tech and some have been ejections (going back to Round 1 when Goulding & Petrie were ejected for nothing).

Agree with paul in that this was a very entertaining game, had the (very loud) crowd involved the whole way through, and provided plenty of highlights for both teams. I'm feeling good about the standard of our league after watching the Hawks/Breakers last night, and this game today.

The Tigers just had to win to keep their very slim playoff chances alive. I have my concerns, but I'm happy with a 3-game win streak, mostly against very tough opposition.
    Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow

3.27 to play in the 3rd - Lucas Walker with the biggest travel non-call.

And anyone know what happened to Flynn after Henry blocked his shot with 3.20 to play in the 4th? Flynn seemed to stop in a semi-daze and then look at the floor to pick something up while play was still going.
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    And anyone know what happened to Flynn after Henry blocked his shot with 3.20 to play in the 4th? Flynn seemed to stop in a semi-daze and then look at the floor to pick something up while play was still going.
    I think he was just sulking, like he did numerous other times today. He seems to think he is owed something. I'm glad Goulding yelled at him for taking his sweet arse time getting back into the huddle after this happened. Too much trash and the talent isn't backing it up.

Didn't take long:

Ben Madgen Action Figurine

exclusive footage of the chair shot heard around australia!

http://youtu.be/K08nqzfPLoc
    No Signature.