Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney Kings 2014/15 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gangsta boo View Post
    They're also avoiding responding to tweets asking about membership renewals. Not good
    And deleting facebook comments asking for updates on anything, apparently...
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

Hanging out with Marwood, drinking wine and quoting Withnail ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
    doesn't exactly make for confidence in a club
    Sam Tyler: I think we need to explore whether this attempted murder was a hate crime.

Gene: What as opposed to one of those I-really-really-like-you sort of murders?

Quote Originally Posted by gangsta boo View Post
    doesn't exactly make for confidence in a club
    It's one thing to tidy up abuse (even if they deserve it) but you'd think that you get that many people asking, it's time to even make some fluff up and say "we're working hard on finding the best coach possible, got a lot of interest" blah blah blah... They will probably still get bagged for it being a nothing comment, but this continual lack of ANYTHING is worse I think...

We must have spies in here A nice article pretty much addressing everything that we could ask, since most things haven't had decisions made (a separate level of impatience). It mentions both close on signing a coach (imminent to me means hopefully by next week at the latest?) memberships are being planned (I've requested a special cap for you, Cussy) and players are being looked at being signed... Short of actually signing a coach and players and having memberships sent out, at least they sent something out... It would have been nice a couple of weeks ago, but it's something...

Throw that article in the bin. Makes me want to throw up
    Sam Tyler: I think we need to explore whether this attempted murder was a hate crime.

I haven't had any comments deleted, you guys mustn't be asking nicely lol
    KINGS IN FINALS THIS YEAR BOOK IT!!!!!

Wish we could've kept shane heal he was good as a coach. We don't spend as much as all the other real city teams so he shouldn't be blamed.

It is what it is and what has happened has happened so we can live another day!

Can jason smith come be coach? Maybe even a player coach in a 12th man roll?

KINGS IN FINALS THIS YEAR BOOK IT!!!!!

Curious to know what peoples thoughts on Brad Hill are, is he worth retaining? It was a strange one for me last season, started the pre-season and regular season extremely solid, looking like a real candidate for 6th man of the year (42points in a pre-season game against Cairns as well). Then Sam Young came in and that limited his minutes extremely, not even playing a few games. But when he did come on he didn't disappoint, solid at getting to the basket and finishing. He's also been playing well in the SEABL averaging 19.8 ppg, 6.7r, 2.4a. Looking at the options we have I would re-sign him and give him another crack.

‏@SydneyKings
    KINGS ALERT: The MightyMite Sydney Kings will make a major announcement regarding the 2014/15 team at 12:30pm tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffa View Post
    It will actually exist? Or ...

Hearing a bit of talk that the announcement tomorrow could involve the Kings going to China for a tournament. Cody Ellis has made a quick flight into Sydney today from Perth.

Maybe want all the signed guys (minus Garlepp) there for the coach appointment announcement.
    Sure hope so.

Here's what some of the 13/14 Roster was up to this weekend:

Louis Brandt - Penrith Panthers - Waratah League

Had 15p 10r 3a 4to 2s 1b in 28:37. 99-73 loss to the Hills Hornets
    Had 26p 14r 0a 3to 1s 1b in 25:47. 82-55 win over the Maitland Mustangs

James Trustum - Central Coast Crusaders - Waratah League

Had 19p 5r 2a 1to 1s 0b in 27:00. 93-78 win over the Hornsby Spiders
    Had 8p 2r 1a 2to 0s 0b in 17:44. 88-98 loss to the Bankstown Bruins

Jarrad Weeks - North Bears - Waratah League

Had 30p 2r 7a 2to 0s 1b in 30:47. in a 97-96 loss to the Sutherland Sharks

Ben Allen - Mt Gambier Pioneers - SEABL

Had 19p 8r 3a 0to 1s 0b in 32:12. 97-80 loss to the Ballarat Miners

Kyle Armour - East Perth Eagles - SBL

Had 19p 4r 8a 1to 0s 0b in 27:29. 97-68 win over the South West Slammers

Cody Ellis - Stirling Senators - SBL

Had 18p 7r 3a 0to 0s 1b in 37:50. 111-93 win over the Willetton Tigers

Sam Young - Bayamon - Puerto Rican League

Had 22p 6r 2a 4to 2s 1b in 35:31. 89-78 win over San German

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Maybe want all the signed guys (minus Garlepp) there for the coach appointment announcement.
    Sure hope so.
    Yeah, it would be good to have a nice professional announcement with current players and hopefully whoever is joining there... Would love a coach announcement and a player or two, but I've been proven as being too hopeful in the past... Seeing as how HC signing was "imminent", if it's not that and just this bullshit China tour, it's going to be really disappointing... Madge is in Boomers camp in a couple of days, Tommy would be on his honeymoon, so only Kev and Cody (who was tweeted as heading to Sydney before heading on to China tour) will be our contracted players... So our Devs and who else? unless it's a 3-on-3 comp?

Last minute guesses on who the head coach is going to be? Is it just going to be an online announcement or have they organised (begged) any press to be involved?

Last minute guesses on who the head coach is going to be?
    Fox Sports is saying Damien Cotter.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-spo...-1226922021803

Cotter wasn?t the biggest name linked to the Kings coaching role with Brian Goorjian, who coached Sydney to a three-peat, and former Perth Wildcats coach Rob Beveridge named as potential candidates.
    No, but he was the only realistic candidate out of those three names.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    Exactly what I thought

Bet he was the only applicant...in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Dunks View Post
    Fox Sports is saying Damien Cotter.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-spo...-1226922021803
    Two videos of Dante Exum and one big pic of Brian... I guess when even gettyimages struggles to find a pic of you, I can't really blame them...

I guess I was silly to get my hopes up when Boti mentioned that Luc could be an option... Although it probably reflect more of my basketball knowledge that I'd rather an International star for us that has a bit of assistant coaching experience but with more pull (hopefully) to get some better players in than someone who is probably a more technically better coach, even though both have the same amount of NBL head coaching experience...

I'd take a proper coach over a novelty coach any day of the week. Goorjian and Beveridge were once Cotter's too.

Longley was involved with the Wildcats for years. I don't think he once used his contacts to deliver us a solid player.

Damian Cotter to be announced as HC at 12pm today!

I've got no real issues, and it doesn't exactly sound like we were spoiled with choices. Hardest part about being a rookie Head Coach is earning the player's respect, but if the core of the team is back, it should make things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Bandit View Post
    Damian Cotter to be announced as HC at 12pm today!
    What a scoop! Thanks!!

I'd take a proper coach over a novelty coach any day of the week. Goorjian and Beveridge were once Cotter's too.

Longley was involved with the Wildcats for years. I don't think he once used his contacts to deliver us a solid player.
    Fair call... I guess being hopeful again that it would have been a draw card for quality bigs (a rarity) if he was in a larger role... Not sure what he did with the Wildcats, but I would have thought(hoped) that if he was HC or even an assistant, and bigs could come and train with him every day, that could have been something...

There have been good comments in the past on Cotter's technical knowledge, so you're right, I'll be crossing fingers and hoping for the next coming of non-ranga Bevo...

Longley helped Schenscher while he was here with some big man coaching.

That's why he is so dominant now.