Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wollongong Hawks 2014/15 Discussion

Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    Hawks sign Luke Neville.

http://www.hawks.com.au/article/id/w...s1a9lsodmhuy5e

At last a genuine centre. Will change the opinions of some who once again tipped the Hawks to finish last
    Is he a temporary injury replacement or the official 11th man?
    OMFG this is for Real!!!! * Shocked *

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA

Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe

Question

Quote Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    11th man.
    Isn't he a 10-point player?

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA

Quote Originally Posted by 2sc945 View Post
    Isn't he a 10-point player?
    Hawks would be well below the points cap with loyalty bonuses that they'd be able to fit him in and have a roster of 11 players as the Kings have done in recent years...
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

They had nine points free, so he mustn't be a ten.

Talking

OMG Cheating Suspect. LOL

TFRENBAA

If it was Perth it would be 'they had 5 points left so he must be a 6 or 7
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

There's the default "overseas player coming back is a 9" thing, plus not sure what he was re-rated after his time in Townsville (9?), but yeah, not like it's Perth or anything, so it should all be above board
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

I think Neville and Geordie will form a great combination at Woolongong.

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    It'll be like DeVito and Schwarzenegger

I think you meant DeVeeto and Swartzanigger.

Cool

OMFG Racist Attack.

TFRENBAA

I am not so sure that Gordie was totally in the loop on this signing. I had heard it was a Spenceley thing and Gordie was told when it was a done deal.
    Happened so late, and is so unlike Gordie's way of doing things, that there may be some truth in that.
    Also the Hawks had their bigs rotation sorted (as inadequate as it was) so who misses out? Its easy at the moment with Davidson injured. Easy switch. But when Davidson is fit what then. One of Gordie's favourites gets pushed to the pine.
    Of course it could just be rumour.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    I am not so sure that Gordie was totally in the loop on this signing. I had heard it was a Spenceley thing and Gordie was told when it was a done deal.
    Happened so late, and is so unlike Gordie's way of doing things, that there may be some truth in that.
    Also the Hawks had their bigs rotation sorted (as inadequate as it was) so who misses out? Its easy at the moment with Davidson injured. Easy switch. But when Davidson is fit what then. One of Gordie's favourites gets pushed to the pine.
    Of course it could just be rumour.
    Holy sheet. In that case, I would walk out of the club if I were the coach. Anyway, I think Dom Cooks is likely to be relegated to the 11th man when Davidson comes back.

TFRENBAA

Holy sheet. In that case, I would walk out of the club if I were the coach. Anyway, I think Dom Cooks is likely to be relegated to the 11th man when Davidson comes back.
    Yeah well, there's walking out and there's walking out. Being handed the 7 footer you actually really need, whether you wanted it or not, may not be the right reason

lol at the link in your signature.
    James Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bogut (2 BLK)

Quote Originally Posted by angry ant View Post
    lol at the link in your signature.
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/bodymod...netridevil.asp

Any news on Carson's foot injury?
    The club tweeted that he is right to play on Friday

A fit Carson will be real fun to watch this season!

Can Nevill be the difference in the team making a run at the finals? I hope the coaching personnel can ensure they use him effectively as I'm not convinced he has ever been utilised effectively in the NBL.

Clarke's scoring will surely be missed - when he got going he was awesome.

Preview: http://pickandroll.com.au/201415-nbl...longong-hawks/
    http://pickandroll.com.au/
    Everything NBA | All About Basketball
    Twitter: @DamianArsenis

Gruber released.

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/1ie...71mh7xcp88isz4

I understand the reasons but this sucks for him.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    Gruber released.

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/1ie...71mh7xcp88isz4

I understand the reasons but this sucks for him.
    Why do they need another guard though?

Very Un Hawks like , is the new owner putting pressure on to win now ?

Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    Why do they need another guard though?
    Because their current guards suck.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show