Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth Wildcats 2014/2015 discussion thread

Pthm Perth Wildcats 2014/2015 discussion thread

Re-sign Beal!
    No Signature.

I 2nd that motion!!! And add to that motion resign damo!
    1 of the PERTH WILDCATS natives!
    NEVERNDN OH4 & OH CHAMPS 2015

Will Wagstaff take the chance to cash in somewhere else or take less for more? He was definitely a more mature player this year and is ready for a bigger challenge.

I think wags is engaged so may prefer to stay?

My expectation is to see Beal re-sign for 3 years

Try and retain most.
    With Muo coming in do we let U'u go or does he take Burdon's spot.
    "The Matrix"

I'd say Burdon will go for Muo. U'U has become a decent back-up 1 where as Burdon is an undersized 2.

I think that is a reasonable straight swap.

Next season's success will be largely dependent on who we can get in place of Ennis.

Whatever happens though we are lucky to a quality core to work with

OMG spoiler alert!!!

Was waiting for 6 weeks to watch game 3 replay and you mean people spoiled it for me >
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

Sorry for another spoiler Alex-Traitor but with Beal's GF MVP...would that price him out of our range considering others will also want more?

We've got to find more court time for Hire, and secondly Wagstaff, next year.

That might mean not going after a gun Ennis-like SF, but maybe a powerful PF instead?

Having said that, it was the athleticism and shooting of Ennis that gave us the edge, and without that we might fall back to the pack.

Tough decisions!

For now though, screw it, we're champions!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wagstaff chase bigger dollars elsewhere.

Same can said for Hire and Jervis, but I think those two are more likely to stay.

More money for Beal. 2nd import will be signed under marquee player rules.

U'u and Burdon gone.... another no name aussie to be signed for cheap cheap.
    No Signature.

Wouldn't mind keeping U'u. He's cheap, has good size and seems like a good teammate. Nice player to have as your 10th man.

Ideally I would want to swap Burdon for Muo and find a replacement for Ennis. Although if there's a points cap next season I'm not sure if the Burdon-Muo swap would work.
    James Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bogut (2 BLK)

Wasn't Burdon a 1, and Muo a 3? We can't make that swap. I think we may have to lose one of Jervis (was he on a one year deal?) or Wagstaff if the points ratings stays.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Quote Originally Posted by RaMarQabLe View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Wagstaff chase bigger dollars elsewhere.

Same can said for Hire and Jervis, but I think those two are more likely to stay.

More money for Beal. 2nd import will be signed under marquee player rules.

U'u and Burdon gone.... another no name aussie to be signed for cheap cheap.
    If Swagstaff wanted to chase money he would have done it seasons ago.

He ain't about that lyfe
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Traitor View Post
    If Swagstaff wanted to chase money he would have done it seasons ago.

He ain't about that lyfe
    I agree he doesn't seem to be the type to be about the money, but seeing him leave for a bigger challenge (i.e. more minutes / starting role) is possible. He has 2 rings already playing the back up big man role player and may want to test his wares shouldering bigger responsibility. With a front court of Knight/Redhage/Wagstaff/Jervis it would seem probable that one will leave. Perhaps a lot will depend on the points cap scenario (if its retained), as you'd expect Jervis to rise a fair bit from his low rating this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    Wasn't Burdon a 1, and Muo a 3? We can't make that swap. I think we may have to lose one of Jervis (was he on a one year deal?) or Wagstaff if the points ratings stays.
    Correct. I really hope the points cap is scrapped.

Hopefully Jervis has an option somewhere in his contract.

Uu I feel is a great team player, and would contribute much off court to the team as well as get better with more time next season. With Muo coming back though Im not sure if it will be possible to keep him.
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Traitor View Post
    OMG spoiler alert!!!

Was waiting for 6 weeks to watch game 3 replay and you mean people spoiled it for me >
    Then don't open the thread? Or do you mean the thread title spoiled it as you weren't sure if after the deciding game in a grand final series there would be another season?

Quote Originally Posted by Splinky View Post
    We've got to find more court time for Hire, and secondly Wagstaff, next year.

That might mean not going after a gun Ennis-like SF, but maybe a powerful PF instead?

Having said that, it was the athleticism and shooting of Ennis that gave us the edge, and without that we might fall back to the pack.

Tough decisions!

For now though, screw it, we're champions!
    Best way to get Hire more mintes is to sign another SF who can also play the 2 guard spot. That way we can slide the SF down to Shooting guard and play Hire at the SF spot still, I liked when we would go with a lineup of Beal, Ennis, Hire, Redhage, Knight as it gave us height and scoring.

U'u is capable of playing backup PG for small minutes so I would like him over Burdon too, but would he want more court time?

Is the Marquee player going ahead next season?? I dont know too much about it.

It hasn't been announced by the NBL but reporters are saying it's been confirmed.

I'm hearing that they will be going ahead with the Marquee player rule & the points cap will stay.

Hopefully the marquee player will also not count towards the points cap

Id love to know, simply by having a GF game 3, how much extra money that pumped back into the club? You'd think anywhere from $500k-$1mill which is a huge bonus. Would hope given this and the momentum from the win, that 10,000 full members could be attained by the new season start.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    Id love to know, simply by having a GF game 3, how much extra money that pumped back into the club? You'd think anywhere from $500k-$1mill which is a huge bonus. Would hope given this and the momentum from the win, that 10,000 full members could be attained by the new season start.
    This is an interesting question that I was discussing with a friend yesterday.

We thought net profit per seat would be on average (Nickel through to gold) $15 / seat X 13,500 = $202,500 ?

Then nother 25,000 profit on Merch...

Around $230k...for yesterday's event.

Would that sound reasonable?

Just call me Trigger ;)

It seems a foregone conclusion that one day Shawn Redhage's #42 will hang from the rafters. What does Damo need to do to join him there? Or has he already done enough?

- Championship Captain
    - 2 x NBL Champion
    - 4 x NBL Defensive Player of the Year
    - 5* x Club Defensive Player of the Year
    - 151 games for the Wildcats

*not awarded yet

Quote Originally Posted by BellBivDevoe View Post
    This is an interesting question that I was discussing with a friend yesterday.

We thought net profit per seat would be on average (Nickel through to gold) $15 / seat X 13,500 = $202,500 ?

Then nother 25,000 profit on Merch...

Around $230k...for yesterday's event.

Would that sound reasonable?
    Well just thinking gross revenue, purely from ticket sales without thinking too much into it, I just went with a lower estimate of say 11,000 seats sold at an average of (silver) about $70.

That's $770k, plus any other sponsorship money they get through corporates, advertising etc. Minus all costs for the game. And then of course Id say merchandise looked to be going pretty rapidly after the game. And the flow ons from actually winning...