Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 1175

Thread: Perth Wildcats 2014/2015 discussion thread

  1. #501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkin' Dan View Post
    Are you on twitter? what's your handle? let's be twitter friends! or are we already?

    I have a thought that DeAndre might have known about this guy...
    No Signature.

  2. #502

    Default

    Dunkin Dan can you record and upload the news tonight? I got a bball game at 6pm haha
    No Signature.

  3. #503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaMarQabLe View Post
    Dunkin Dan can you record and upload the news tonight? I got a bball game at 6pm haha
    Not gonna be able to sorry

  4. #504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkin' Dan View Post
    The latest Perth Wildcat
    I thought we had 2 imports?

  5. #505
    Just call me Trigger ;)
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Far Northern Suburbs of Perth
    Posts
    5,195

    Default

    http://www.wildcats.com.au/article/i...e1x88y22z2kz9d

    Three year contract... not that it would be worth the paper it is written on

  6. #506

    Default

    As Ross is a Guamanian national, he is signed as a domestic player of the National Basketball League, with the NBL being the professional basketball competition of the FIBA Oceania region and Guam a nation of Oceania.
    No Signature.

  7. #507

    Default

    So we have 2 pts left? Who's on the radar?

  8. #508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer83 View Post
    http://www.wildcats.com.au/article/i...e1x88y22z2kz9d

    Three year contract... not that it would be worth the paper it is written on
    If I was Ross' agent I would say he ain't boarding the plane until its "registered" properly

  9. #509

    Default

    Guam national... sheesh. Typical dodgy Wildcats </jealous my team didn't find him first>

  10. #510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer83 View Post
    http://www.wildcats.com.au/article/i...e1x88y22z2kz9d

    Three year contract... not that it would be worth the paper it is written on
    He better hope he doesn't snap his achilles tendon!

  11. #511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngusH View Post
    Guam national... sheesh. Typical dodgy Wildcats </jealous my team didn't find him first>
    Calm down, Nerf.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

  12. #512

    Default

    Cats showing why they are nearly always at or near the top. Always looking outside the square.

    If this guy is a good import quality, that on first looks it appears he is, this is one hell of a deep team. Jervis showed that he can cover for the almost inevitable Knight injury and there is great depth all over the court. May well be the deepest team ever.

    Well done as it appears that they are also dragging the other teams up behind them.

  13. #513

    Default

    The depth is now officially ridiculous

  14. #514

    Default

    For those who are a tad confused and didn't know about this ruling....

    http://www.basketball.net.au/austral...it-the-region/

    In other words any player with a nationality covered by FIBA Oceania (which includes Guam) can play as a non-import in the NBL and lesser Aussie leagues.

    The rule was brought in 12 months ago and some SEABL, BigV and state league clubs have already utilized it by playing Kiwis as locals this year. Looks like NBL clubs now will as well.

    Definitely an (almost) untapped market.
    Last edited by Lukosius; 10-09-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    Let he who is without aim throw the first stone.

  15. #515
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    Cats showing why they are nearly always at or near the top. Always looking outside the square.

    If this guy is a good import quality, that on first looks it appears he is, this is one hell of a deep team. Jervis showed that he can cover for the almost inevitable Knight injury and there is great depth all over the court. May well be the deepest team ever.

    Well done as it appears that they are also dragging the other teams up behind them.
    Spoken by the true champion that you are, & I share your sentiments.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  16. #516
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia.
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaMarQabLe View Post
    Dunkin Dan can you record and upload the news tonight? I got a bball game at 6pm haha
    It might be uploaded here: https://www.youtube.com/user/RiseberryBasketball/videos

    Unless that is Dunkin Dan...

    Pretty great for the Wildcats to have this guy signed as a three point local for three years. Two years in a row now that they have taken advantage of this loophole.
    James Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bogut (2 BLK)

  17. #517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukosius View Post
    In other words any player with a nationality covered by FIBA Oceania (which includes Guam) can play as a non-import in the NBL and lesser Aussie leagues.

    The rule was brought in 12 months ago and some SEABL, BigV and state league clubs have already utilized it by playing Kiwis as locals this year. Looks like NBL clubs now will as well.
    There a reason Kiwis playing WA SBL are listed as imports?

  18. #518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaMarQabLe View Post
    Dunkin Dan can you record and upload the news tonight? I got a bball game at 6pm haha
    Was just Gossage mumbling something about him at the very death. No footage.
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

  19. #519

    Thumbs up

    Great signing by the club.
    We needed more outside scoring to space the floor.
    He seems to fill a need.
    Great depth at the club for the upcoming season.
    "The Matrix"

  20. #520

    Default

    Typical Wildcats, signing a guy from some shithole in the middle of nowhere that they somehow pretend is a fully-fledged part of Australia.

    But enough about Greg Hire; I hear they've also signed some guy from Guam now!
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

  21. #521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    Typical Wildcats, signing a guy from some shithole in the middle of nowhere that they somehow pretend is a fully-fledged part of Australia.

    But enough about Greg Hire; I hear they've also signed some guy from Guam now!
    Hahahaha.....funny.

  22. #522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMarion View Post
    Great signing by the club.
    We needed more outside scoring to space the floor.
    He seems to fill a need.
    Great depth at the club for the upcoming season.
    Is he a good outside scorer? I think i saw his 3pt % from his most recent college season was 31%, which isn't great. It would appear his main strength is his physicality that he will bring on D?

    Of course being still a young guy, there is potential for him to improve over here (including his shooting). If he stays he full 3 years it will be exciting to have a guy with an "import" background grow within our program as a local.

  23. #523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    Typical Wildcats, signing a guy from some shithole in the middle of nowhere that they somehow pretend is a fully-fledged part of Australia.

    But enough about Greg Hire; I hear they've also signed some guy from Guam now!
    Heh, I don't actually even know where Greg Hire is from, but I must give props to your post for that semi colon usage!

    #punctuationfan

  24. #524

    Default

    I noticed this line from The West Australian report:

    Muo was cruelly cut from the roster on Monday despite having two years to run on his contract.

    The Sudan-born Australian missed all of last season after tearing an Achilles tendon at training, but had worked tirelessly throughout his rehabilitation program.

    He recovered in time to play a key role for East Perth in their run to the State Basketball League championship this year.

    Muo will now pursue opportunities elsewhere, with Wollongong believed to be on the radar.
    So it would appear the "non-lodgment" of the contract was Wildcats PR spin?

    Having said all of this, if the Cats have met their financial obligations and they thought this move would enhance their team (which on paper it would appear to) then so be it. I just don't like the marketing spin, prefer honesty. Hopefully Muo lands with another NBL club.

  25. #525

    Default

    That doesnt mean the West got it right.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •