Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: R1: Nzb @ per 10/10/14

If there's one thing that can be gleened so far is just how lucky we were to have Ennis last season.

Early going but Daniels isn't going to be Ennis Mk 2 like most Cats fans were hoping.
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

I'm amazed we're still up by 17 even though our offense has fallen off this quarter (Stop giving Tai Wesley the ball in the low post. The strategy clearly isn't working).

Daniels doesn't look right. Pledger had a great stop on one possession.

Well this is a turn up from the Breakers

And then Daniels misses the dunk.

Rhys Carter has fit in so well. Our defensive rotations and athleticism is telling. But those transition carpark 3s - Carter thinks he's Patty Mills doing that.

This game reminds me of NZ vs Perth in 2012 - where Perth won by 20 on our banner unveiling night.

Perth getting their asses handed to them at home with the Breakers missing Abercrombie and Pledger playing injured.
    James Layup Shot: Missed Block: Bogut (2 BLK)

I was kinda annoyed about being sent to site today.

Am significantly less annoyed about it right now.

Cedric Jackson, welcome back to the NBL. What a transition play. Back to 20.

But down to 9. Crazy last 5 seconds of the 3rd quarter with Perth scoring 2 baskets in that time.

Give Jackson the MVP already

Geez I spoke too soon about Daniels, gettin it done.

Nice way for Gleeson to kill the run, put hire, jervis and martin on at the same time. Where is the offence come from with that lineup

ehhhhhhhhhh

At 5min mark of the 4th. Perth on a role and Gleeson subs on a line up with Jervis, Martin and Hire at the sametime. Next 3 posessions nothing on offence. With those guys NZ has a lotof sag-off option and stiffle Perth. Do you get it now?

45sec left in the game. Perth down by 7 and they go into Knight (a non-factor in the game) for a 2pointer. That cant be optimal.

Three games played tonight, and the 'favourites' lost every one of them...
    Basketball, Qld Cup Rugby League, Speedway and General photography at www.gordong.com

Geez our backcourt looks super thin outside of Martin and Beal.

Gleeson was thoroughly out coached tonight.
    Go, Gary Go, Ervin puts on a show

Quote Originally Posted by Cussy View Post
    Gleeson was thoroughly out coached tonight.
    You're speaking like the team didn't run itself the whole of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonG View Post
    Three games played tonight, and the 'favourites' lost every one of them...
    Was Adelaide the favourite? Really?

Meanwhile Daniels looked horrible in that first half. His second half would've been unimpressive too, had the refs decided to make a travel call or three... In terms of playing style Ennis was more graceful with the ball in his hands. Jury's out on whether Daniels is a good fit for this team.
    Misinforming the Ozhoops community since 2002.

Carter's first quarter was something else. Shooting, diming, the lot.

He produced about 1/20th of that playing for us.

Cedric Jackson was something else. What a star. He has brought back some awesome transition offence for the Breakers, and the Wildcats couldn't stop it. I can't see anybody stopping it!

The other imports got a good taste of what NBL is all about, and will be better for the run.

The Wildcats were pretty terrible for most part. I feel sorry for Muo because based on what I saw of Ross, he brings nothing of benefit to the table.

The refs seemed to struggle a fair bit as well, and I have to say the guy the Breakers brought over from NZ with them certainly did his part helping them out with a few calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Splinky View Post
    Cedric Jackson was something else. What a star. He has brought back some awesome transition offence for the Breakers, and the Wildcats couldn't stop it. I can't see anybody stopping it!

The other imports got a good taste of what NBL is all about, and will be better for the run.

The Wildcats were pretty terrible for most part. I feel sorry for Muo because based on what I saw of Ross, he brings nothing of benefit to the table.

The refs seemed to struggle a fair bit as well, and I have to say the guy the Breakers brought over from NZ with them certainly did his part helping them out with a few calls.
    CJ (not Bruton) is the MVP.

Controls the tempo, hits the tough shots especially when the game requires it and always nails the open three.

Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe

Exclamation

OMG the King has returned.
    OMFG this is for Real!!!! * Shocked *

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA

Can anyone explain Ernest Ross' game tonight to me?

He's there to help DeAndre feel at ease. Seemed to work ok in the 2nd half at least
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam