Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Townsville Crocodiles 2015/2016 Discussion

Default Townsville Crocodiles 2015/2016 Discussion

Just in case there is a next season for the Crocs...
    Last edited by mattic; 02-03-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Your positivity is overwhelming

Has it been mentioned before that Norton is the only player contracted for next season?

You'd think that they would keep the majority of the team together if possible? Conk and Gladness seemed to work well together and from their social media presence seem to really enjoy it up there, good core group of Norton/Blanchfield/Steindl some experience with Markovic^ and a couple of really solid back ups in Vandy and Henry...

Of course, getting down to the nitty gritty of a player review might reveal some holes, but they could certainly be a lot worse...
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

Keep this team together, mostly. As the season closed, they finally got it together. Hopefully that was a matter of time and is work that stays done.

Leon Henry - Keep.
    I loved what he did this year. Great energy in all aspects of his game. It's obvious he spent time competing for a spot with Mika Vukona.

Clint Steindl - Optional.
    More streaky than PC, although he never seemed to miss when he was playing against us... I'm trying to think of an adequate replacement, which is hard because I'm not certain what I'm replacing. Clint is an enigma. What is it that he does?

Brian Conklin - Keep.
    Our best player.

Mickell Gladness - Keep.
    He allows Conklin to be our best player. And he's one of the few imports who does exactly what it says on the label.

Greg Vanderjagt - Cut.
    If we can run the team without "having one", let's get somebody in who can catch.

Steve Marković - Keep.
    If he's injury free.

Mirko Djeric - Keep.
    Coming along just fine.

Jacob Holmes - Cut.
    I can't remember who said it, but it was true that the moment he signed a 2yr contract and was no longer playing for his life, he went from superstar to occasionally helpful. I disagreed at the time, but it was true then and it's been true ever since. I get the impression that Jacob is extremely valuable to have around the team, so maybe a non-playing role? Is he at that age?

Todd Blanchfield - Keep.
    I was going to say that "finally" he'd had a break out year. At the beginning of the season I was talking about him taking his game to the next level, but it turns out he's been at that level, in flashes, for a while and that consistency was what he needed. He certainly brought that this year.

Mitch Norton - Keep.
    Tell him to shoot the outside shot more.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Nice summary, although for what Vanderjagt costs I'm not sure they can do better, I think he had one of the better +/- results for the Crocs this season.

yeah, looking from the outside I thought Vandy was pretty serviceable for what he'd cost and be worth points wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Herder View Post
    yeah, looking from the outside I thought Vandy was pretty serviceable
    I thought the opposite. I found myself exhaling that exasperated, throaty sigh more often this year. Usually whenever a great pass gave him half-a-second's start on the defender, 6 inches from the basket...you know what happened...
    for what he'd cost and be worth points wise...
    That's the rub. The same argument can be expressed as, "unserviceable at any other price".
    Last edited by mattic; 02-03-2015 at 02:27 PM.

I wouldn't be sucked in by Nerf's advice if I were you mattic, he's on record as wanting to steal Conk, Blanch, Marko, & Gladbag.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    That's the rub. The same argument can be expressed as, "unserviceable at any other price".
    Well, I HAVE been accused of being a glass half full sorta person in the past, and probably not in a complimentary way...

I will admit that I didn't notice Vandy a LOT, and will definitely defer to a more experienced opinion... The next 7' back up option would be Mr Allen, I guess?

I have nothing but respect for the players mentioned and wish them well in their future endeavours (especially if they are wearing purple & gold)

The next 7' back up option would be Mr Allen, I guess?
    I say! Now, look here, it's all been very civil so far...

The next 7' back up option would be Mr Allen, I guess?
    I say! Now, look here, it's all been very civil so far...
    Schensch with his shabby beard & ponytail then?

Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    Schensch with his shabby beard & ponytail then?
    If his player points come down then this would be a great option.

I'm not sure if Markovic was on decent money, but if he was, I'd cut him and find someone else.

From what I saw this year (and I didn't see every game) he was a major disappointment.

The Crocs looked better with him on the bench in some of the games I saw.

Gladness would be a keeper if the NBL sends its officials to watch leagues with big, defensive players. They were clueless in regards to what is and isn't a foul.
    ''I can't stand it, I know you planned it,
    i'm gonna set it straight, this watergate"

Crocs in voluntary admin as of today.
    Last edited by crocintaipanterritory; 10-03-2015 at 09:40 PM.

Exclamation

Ooooo!!! I know this is serious, but I can't wait for the next Bullie installment.

Crocs in jeopardy

Sounds like a shitfight.

Sounds like a shitfight.
    & with NBL management who couldn't organise a shitfight if everybody brought their own bucket of shit.

Here we go again, the Crocs & the Bullie are telling the same joke twice.

No wonder the council's wanting more info before committing $400K for a new floor, & why should the NBL bail them out again after the Crocs screwed up the move to the RSL? The value wasn't there for even cashed up supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterrich View Post
    I know macca's won't bail them out this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterrich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crocintaipanterritory View Post
    I know macca's won't bail them out this time around.
    More Bullie fudge, but if Maccas has had enough (brought to you by crocintaipanterritory), then that's a powerful message, to me at least.

On the bright side, move the team to Brisbane.

I've been a bit busy this last week and not up to date with headlines, but I thought they already had the corporate support and were just waiting on the NBL to confirm the team numbers, or was that just spin?

Yes, that's been running in parallel.

Five days after the spin, is anyone the wiser?

Anyone????

http://townsvillebulletin.newspaperd...er/viewer.aspx
    Last edited by DDFan; 19-03-2015 at 04:04 PM.