Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 297

Thread: Townsville Crocodiles 2015/2016 Discussion

  1. #26
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Seat prices out.




    Not too bad.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post

    Not too bad.
    looks pretty reasonable, especially compared Cowboys tickets.

  3. #28

    Default

    Not sure about the Hollywood seats on the baseline being the same price as the ones on the sideline, though.

  4. #29
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    They won't be selling many seats if their sales and admin email addresses are returning, "Operation timed out."
    Hopefully it's a tech glitch and not unpaid bills at the ISP.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  5. #30

    Default

    Good that they have the TV cameras on the side that will be facing the crowd, for the game that gets televised.
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

  6. #31
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    They won't be selling many seats if their sales and admin email addresses are returning, "Operation timed out."
    Hopefully it's a tech glitch and not unpaid bills at the ISP.
    They fixed it.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    for the game that gets televised.
    Singular? Thank God.

  8. #33
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    My previous seats are available @ ~$200 cheaper per seat than last time. So I'm back in.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  9. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    My previous seats are available @ ~$200 cheaper per seat than last time. So I'm back in.
    Car & Vespa parking rates still to be finalised.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  10. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Someone mentioned recently that Maccas had pulled the plug on supporting the Crocs, & now, the Bullie exposes that 75% of Townsville to Mackay peeps are fatties.

    http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...-1227267473104

    I'm an acknowledged Macca basha, but at least they had a plan to fill the venues.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  11. #36
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Mike Kelly to Come Out of Retirement
    Kelly will also remain as assistant coach taking the role of player-coach.
    Kelly joins Mitch Norton as the only players signed for next season.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  12. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    April fools???

    isn't he pushing 50?

  13. #38
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  14. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    From the above:

    "Mr Moffat said the lack of contact from the NBL had been concerning.

    “It’s hugely concerning, *especially when they make public statements about allocating all the resources they can,’’ he said.

    “There has been zero *communication coming from NBL.”

    Mr Wade said the NBL had offered much help to the Crocs over recent weeks and would not offer further financial assistance to the club."
    .
    .

    FFS Moff, the NBL's already extended the deadline, & will announce another extension in the next few days. It's clear that you're not getting any more money, so make the most of the new extended time-frame that you have been promised.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  15. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    From the above:

    Mr Wade said the NBL had offered much help to the Crocs over recent weeks and would not offer further financial assistance to the club.
    .
    FFS Moff, the NBL's already extended the deadline, & will announce another extension in the next few days. It's clear that you're not getting any more money, so make the most of the new extended time-frame that you have been promised.
    In other words, "We have no more money to give the club".
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

  16. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    In other words, "We have no more money to give the club".
    A bit of both, in that as you say, the NBL's piggy bank is running on empty, so they will not be offering any more financial assistance.
    The 2nd is that recent Croc management have done little, & expected hand-outs.
    As unpopular as this may come across, I say well done NBL, & stand your ground.
    Force Croc (pseudo) management to prove that they are legit, & that they are self sustainable, or they go.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  17. #42

    Default

    The Crocs have investors lined up but they won't commit until the NBL conveys what they require and how many teams will actually be in the competition next season. Once the NBL actually show some transparency the Crocs can put their plans into motion. It's a vicious circle that is preventing the clubs from being able to plan ahead. It's the same with the Brisbane bid. The NBL isn't doing these clubs any favours and it needs to. How can the league expect to pick up with a potential 7 team league?

  18. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bring back the Bullets View Post
    The Crocs have investors lined up but they won't commit until the NBL conveys what they require and how many teams will actually be in the competition next season. Once the NBL actually show some transparency the Crocs can put their plans into motion. It's a vicious circle that is preventing the clubs from being able to plan ahead. It's the same with the Brisbane bid. The NBL isn't doing these clubs any favours and it needs to. How can the league expect to pick up with a potential 7 team league?
    My take on it, is that I see the extension as giving both clubs the time to put up, or shut up.

    That said, if the Bullets can forward positive commitments from backers that they are demonstrably sustainable, then they will be favourites to enter the league, & with possible financial assistance from the NBL.

    If the Bullets bid fails, I don't see the NBL buckling under the pressure, & swallowing Croc management's wolf cries. They'll need to remain in the league without the NBL's financial support, or bugger off.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    My take on it, is that I see the extension as giving both clubs the time to put up, or shut up.

    That said, if the Bullets can forward positive commitments from backers that they are demonstrably sustainable, then they will be favourites to enter the league, & with possible financial assistance from the NBL.

    If the Bullets bid fails, I don't see the NBL buckling under the pressure, & swallowing Croc management's wolf cries. They'll need to remain in the league without the NBL's financial support, or bugger off.
    Then there won't be an NBL...unless your club is owned by Bendat the landscape that the NBL operates in doesn't allow for sustainability let alone a profit. What you're not getting is that the NBL as a collective has a responsibility to its clubs. Not to constantly prop them up with money, but at least inform a club like Townsville(who are trying to sell memberships and entice potential investors) of essential details of where the league is currently at and what the draw/television deal might look like. If they are doing anything at all they aren't telling anyone.

    I don't think you realise the damage that will occur if more clubs fold to an already fragile league. People don't like sinking money into ventures that are poorly run, not transparent and are not stable. The league badly needs investment which won't happen if the attitude to struggling clubs is "bugger off".

  20. #45
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Clubs: Tell us the schedule, so we can tell sponsors what they're getting and we'll tell you if we've got enough sales to be in.
    NBL: Tell us if you're in so we can do the schedule.

    It's easy to project a mock draw and get the basic numbers right. Some larger sponsors will find that adequate. The majority of sponsors, however, are local and are probably fans as well. These are the people who buy a box and then get upsold into the smaller packages like Game Night sponsorships, staff parties (block seats for a certain game) and Money Can't Buy (although it can) packages (like meet the teams backstage). These people want to know exactly who is playing and when and in what order.

    One explanation for the club dragging the chain and insisting on the draw being made and released first is that if you're in the draw and it's released, it's very hard for the NBL to remove you from it without major disruption to every club and the sponsorships they may have sold because of it. The consequences of this may be so toxic as to force the NBL into propping up a club that, in spite of a released schedule, still doesn't sell enough. For that reason I can see the NBL's reluctance to put themselves in such a position.

    So it's a question of whether, "There's 8 teams so there'll be about 24 games, 12 at home and these are the viewing figures for last year," is good enough to secure enough sponsorship to report as viable for next season. It seems like a fairly simple sum to do, if you have the information, and would break the deadlock.

    The fact that there is a deadlock supports my theory that, as far as negotiation skills are concerned, both sides are embarrassingly unimpressive.
    Last edited by mattic; 04-04-2015 at 01:23 PM.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  21. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    The fact that there is a deadlock supports my theory that, as far as negotiation skills are concerned, both sides are embarrassingly unimpressive.
    Totally agree.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  22. #47

    Default

    'Relief in sight for troubled NBL as Townsville get closer to avoiding extinction'

    http://www.news.com.au/sport/relief-...-1227305089194
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

  23. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    WTF is with the Townsville Bullie?

    Boti reports the situation yesterday, yet no local news on it at all?
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  24. #49
    Mr. Pink mattic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The border twixt grumpy and acquiescence
    Posts
    14,937

    Default

    Townsville Crocs saved after creditors agree to new board

    The club?s administrator, BRI Ferrier principal Moira Carter, said the club being admitted to the 2015/16 National Basketball League season was a ?mere formality?.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

  25. #50

    Default

    Great news.

    Now we just need Wollongong to join the party.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •