Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 234

Thread: Perth Wildcats 2016/2017 Discussion Thread

  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SB.1 View Post
    Cats fans .... win championship then want to blow up team
    Haha yep. I'd be happy if they could bring back the same team!

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    Ennis wouldn't be the only import (Cats and NBL) to 'indulge' off court.

    Agree Lisch wont be back. Its interesting to go back on the old Beal v Lisch discussion. Pre-season it was like 50-50, then still around that not far in in, then gradually Lisch just dominated it.
    Agreed, but the Wildcats were none to happy about it apparently.

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    Getting kicked out of nightclubs, drinking during the week, then the whole trophy in the river etc.
    Nothing too debaucherous then
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  4. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    Ennis will be trouble if he did come back. He got up to quite a bit of extra curricular activities when here in 2013/2014, and his ego would have grown having played in the NBA. I doubt he would come back, but you never know.
    I heard he got home sick which might have lead to this.

    There is a chance that Ennis may have learnt and matured some since that season.
    He's kept a healthy pro relationship anyhow, I think he's got another tour here coming up .

  5. #30

    Default

    U can thank Drake U'u for keeping Ennis in check.

    U'u was a big reason for keeping Ennis mentally focused during his time here.
    No Signature.

  6. #31

    Default

    Do you think Jermaine Beal would be like that to Casey Prather?
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

  7. #32

    Default

    So MVP members voting was tough to decide this year... Who did the oh wc members all vote for?

    With Damo the usual lock in, he was out with injury and played limited minutes behind Kenny for quite a few games when he was only partially recovered so this year he can not get my vote even though he was crucial to our wins in the semi/grand final series.

    I went Prather mainly because as the season progressed and he found his spot in the team he became crucial to us winning most of the time. He also developed a 3pt shot which he was lacking at the start of the season. Also that AJ Posterization in the Semi Finals WAS SOOOO GOOD, plus he would be a good player to keep next season and nothing says stay at the wildcats like a mvp from the fans lol!
    Last edited by garvs; 11-03-2016 at 07:32 PM.
    1 of the PERTH WILDCATS natives!
    NEVERNDN OH4 & OH CHAMPS 2015

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garvs View Post
    So MVP members voting was tough to decide this year... Who did the oh wc members all vote for?

    With Damo the usual lock in, he was out with injury and played limited minutes behind Kenny for quite a few games when he was only partially recovered so this year he can not get my vote even though he was crucial to our wins in the semi/grand final series.

    I went Prather mainly because as the season progressed and he found his spot in the team he became crucial to us winning most of the time. He also developed a 3pt shot which he was lacking at the start of the season. Also that AJ Posterization in the Semi Finals WAS SOOOO GOOD, plus he would be a good player to keep next season and nothing says stay at the wildcats like a mvp from the fans lol!
    Matt Knight for me. He was rock solid all year and actually didn't miss a month or more through injury for once.

  9. #34

    Default

    Picked Knight as well.

  10. #35

  11. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Question

    From Wiki:

    People with frequent subluxations are known as hypermobile.

    Do we cease calling him Matt/Matty/Knighty, & go with Hypermobile?
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  12. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    From Wiki:

    People with frequent subluxations are known as hypermobile.

    Do we cease calling him Matt/Matty/Knighty, & go with Hypermobile?
    To the Hypermobile!

    *vroom vroom*
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  13. #38

    Default

    Byron Mullens would be great in this league.

    Byron Jervis
    Knight Wagstaff
    Ennis Hire
    Beal
    Martin Kiwi

  14. #39

    Default

    Ennis recent play for New Orleans has got to increase his chances of getting another gig in the NBA. Has been excellent so far

  15. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sachmo View Post
    Ennis recent play for New Orleans has got to increase his chances of getting another gig in the NBA. Has been excellent so far
    Pfffft, he only put on a show to impress his fiercest rival NBL team.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  16. #41

    Default

    Townsville's Gone.

    Who can we get?

    Kay.
    Norton.
    Steindl.

    Ohh....its bad and sad and stuff that Townsville gone.

  17. #42

    Default

    The Wildcats lack of Free-Agent action is getting annoying and not especially happy with losing Jervis. He was a good back-up big man.

  18. #43

    Default

    So far, we have the championship and have lost our bench C. Not bad so far. Tom will be a big loss as he was an exceptional backup and on the improve. Obviously if we weren't going to start Jervis and pay im starters salary next season then it was always going to be hard to keep him, given the extra money some teams will be throwing about to players looking to take that next step up. A bit like when we lost Cattalini to a degree, in that we chose to stay loyal to the veterans and not promote him. Lets hope this loss doesnt bite us as hard as that loss did.
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    So far, we have the championship and have lost our bench C. Not bad so far. Tom will be a big loss as he was an exceptional backup and on the improve. Obviously if we weren't going to start Jervis and pay im starters salary next season then it was always going to be hard to keep him, given the extra money some teams will be throwing about to players looking to take that next step up. A bit like when we lost Cattalini to a degree, in that we chose to stay loyal to the veterans and not promote him. Lets hope this loss doesnt bite us as hard as that loss did.
    Going to be interesting what we do though because we will more than likely lose our starting C also. Id rather see Knight remain at the PF spot so essentially it would be nice to see the Cats use an import spot on a starting C.

  20. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 15 View Post
    Going to be interesting what we do though because we will more than likely lose our starting C also. Id rather see Knight remain at the PF spot so essentially it would be nice to see the Cats use an import spot on a starting C.
    I agree.

  21. #46

    Default

    Knight and Wagstaff sign new deals - Knight for 2 years and Wagstaff has signed a 2 year extension to the 1 year that he had left, so he is signed for 3 seasons, until the end of the 18/19 season.

    Power pair sign new deals
    The Perth Wildcats are excited to announce that two big parts of their championship frontcourt will be staying with the team in 2016/17 and beyond.
    Matt Knight has inked a two-year deal and will play his seventh and eighth seasons for the Wildcats, while Jesse Wagstaff has also significantly extended his contract with the club.
    Knight is arguably one of the most important pieces of the Wildcats puzzle.
    The 204cm, 109kg big man has played in four Grand Finals for the Wildcats, winning championships in both 2014 and 2016.
    “I’m really pleased to be staying in Perth,” said Knight.
    “Coming off another championship, we really have a rare opportunity to build a special legacy at the Wildcats and I want to be a part of that.”
    In 2015/16, Knight enjoyed a relatively injury-free season, totaling eight double-doubles while averaging a solid 11.5 points and 7.9 rebounds per outing.
    Meanwhile, Jesse Wagstaff remaining at the Wildcats makes him one of the most loyal players in club history.
    The 29-year-old has played all 217 of his NBL games with the club after joining the team as a rookie in 2009.
    His contract has now been extended by two years, which will see him remain a Wildcat until at least the end of the 2018/19 NBL season.
    Wagstaff was outstanding in the recent 2016/17 campaign, averaging 9.3 points and 4.0 rebounds off the bench while becoming a championship player for the third time.
    He is excited to be remaining in Perth.
    “I’ve been here for seven years now and over that time we’ve been pretty successful and kept a pretty close core. I think that stability has been a big part of our success,” he said.
    “Being a one-team player does mean a lot to me, it’s kind of all I’ve known. I guess it’s nice to be with that one organisation and it’s something I’m pretty proud of.”
    Perth Wildcats assistant coach Adam Forde explained the importance of re-signing these two core players.
    “They’ve established a good history here, not just on the court but they’re a big part of the team chemistry off the court,” he said.
    “Those two guys really compliment each other. Jesse, with his outside range, can really stretch the floor and shoot the three and Matty’s still one of the best back-to-the-basket dominant bigs in the league.
    “To have those two back really ticks a lot of boxes for us.”
    Expect more player announcements from Perth Wildcats headquarters soon.
    Last edited by illusiv; 19-04-2016 at 10:55 AM.

  22. #47

    Default

    Great to have Knight re-sign and Wagstaff extend.

    I'm kind of hoping Beal doesn't want to come back, We can do better I think.

  23. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    Great to have Knight re-sign and Wagstaff extend.

    I'm kind of hoping Beal doesn't want to come back, We can do better I think.
    A lot of people seem to be in that same boat... for some reason though I would be happy to have him return to the team...

  24. #49

    Default

    Well he can come back as our 3rd import perhaps, but Cats have to make sure they pay him appropriately for his past season and not keep paying him on the memory of his GF MVP haha
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

  25. #50

    Default

    Does Jesse start now?
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •