Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Nbl dream team 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    wonder if we could pay the guy to do it? I would certainly chip in, I need it, lol
    Lol, yeah it was very very helpful.

It's purely a time issue he said, Has different job to last year and doesn't have the time.

Probably doesn't help that there are no prizes in DT this year, A lot probably focusing on Fantasy with the prizes on offer.

God I hate DJ with as much passion as is humanly possible. He's either garbage when he's in the Heyzoos line up, or unstoppable once traded out. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of middle ground with him.

Dream Team just isn't the same without the breakevens spreadsheet...
    23 seasons as a Wildcats member.

KingJamesXXIII
    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

I think it is better. Makes decisions more of a feel for the game rather than pure stats. You still have a fair idea who is going to have a good chance of rises or drops.

Of course those who have their own spread sheet have an advantage and I will be fireing the odd "what's x's breakeven" at them.

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    I think it is better. Makes decisions more of a feel for the game rather than pure stats. You still have a fair idea who is going to have a good chance of rises or drops.

Of course those who have their own spread sheet have an advantage and I will be fireing the odd "what's x's breakeven" at them.
    Except for when you trade out dj before he explodes
    WAXY REBORN
    DT: ?
    Fantasy: ?

2013/14 Ranking: 4th
    2014/15 Ranking: 31st
    2015/16 Ranking: 125th
    2016/17 Ranking: 33rd

Yeah that's the main issue I guess - knowing some people have the ability to make their own and can plan ahead knowing rough dollar changes ahead. And also at a glance players recent form. I do like the 'feel for the game' avenue though. But I think there will be times that a must have may slip through the cracks due to not knowing a big price increase is coming. Especially if you don't spend as much time going through the stats.
    23 seasons as a Wildcats member.

KingJamesXXIII
    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    Yeah that's the main issue I guess - knowing some people have the ability to make their own and can plan ahead knowing rough dollar changes ahead. And also at a glance players recent form. I do like the 'feel for the game' avenue though. But I think there will be times that a must have may slip through the cracks due to not knowing a big price increase is coming. Especially if you don't spend as much time going through the stats.
    Yep pretty much agree with this. Good to open the spreadsheet and have a quick suss to see if they are any must haves for price increases for the coming week and also to see recent form.

How bad does a DJ trade out to Ogilvy captain sound about now..
    WAXY REBORN

Put me in the DJ to AJ category. The margin between their scores needs to reduce dramatically next game.

Put me in the DJ to AJ category. The margin between their scores needs to reduce dramatically next game.
    Welcome, welcome... I trust you slept as poorly as I did and woke up with a stream of cursing. Logged on, just to see if it was some sort of error only to let out another stream of cursing...

Stupid game..... Hasn't been the same since Ben Allen hung up his barely used NBL jersey.

17% started with AJ, Wondering how many bought him in this week? looks like many Ozhoopers bought him in and most likely captained him too.
    I'm lucky I stuck with DJ for another round.
    Last edited by Andy K; 14-10-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    17% started with AJ, Wondering how many bought him in this week? looks like many Ozhoopers bought him in and most likely captained him too.
    I'm lucky I stuck with DJ for another round.
    I brought him in for Hodgson... Should have stuck with Hodgson!!

Horrific game from AJ, one of the worst single performances by a player I've ever seen.

Just had a look around my leagues, I'm in 6 top quality leagues and another mates league... So out of 56 teams, 33 Captained AJ, 7 went Creek, 6 went Sobey, 3 went Shorter, 2 went DJ, 2 went Lisch, 2 went Conger.

So by the looks of it, most serious DT coaches went AJ as C, Doesn't make me feel any better but that has set us all back massively against the teams that went Creek or DJ.

I think most people expected a below average score for Ogilvy @ Perth , but his form from the preseason probably urged us to captain him anyway. Still a -10 is not what I was expecting for a “below average game “.

Most of us with 6er players were probably gonna get rid of them after this round, but if Creek or DJ have another big game tonight, we might have to hold on to them for another week or two for the price increase. I think I will consider a Humphries to Brandt upgrade , and then do Shorter to anyone really (Tokoto, D Mart, Newbill, Kickert, Buford, Holt all viable targets).
    Can hold Creek for a bit longer as his flexibility with Blanchfield is handy.

Am I reading the box score wrong or did Ili get 34 minutes last night ?
    WAXY REBORN

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    I think most people expected a below average score for Ogilvy @ Perth , but his form from the preseason probably urged us to captain him anyway. Still a -10 is not what I was expecting for a “below average game “.

Most of us with 6er players were probably gonna get rid of them after this round, but if Creek or DJ have another big game tonight, we might have to hold on to them for another week or two for the price increase. I think I will consider a Humphries to Brandt upgrade , and then do Shorter to anyone really (Tokoto, D Mart, Newbill, Kickert, Buford, Holt all viable targets).
    Can hold Creek for a bit longer as his flexibility with Blanchfield is handy.

Am I reading the box score wrong or did Ili get 34 minutes last night ?
    You are right, I expected a lower score against Perth but that was pathetic. Really leaves us with a conundrum as only ILW & BRI have doubles in round 4, yet AJ's price is going to plummet and also AJ heads back to Perth in Rd 4!!

Not sure how many minutes Ili actually played... But he did play a hell of a lot. Don't think he played 24 mins tho.

Umm did half the posts disappear?

Yes. I thought I'd entered a time warp. Glad its not only me.

Pity it didn't go back in time far enough for me to undo the AJ horror round.

Cool

Yes. I thought I'd entered a time warp. Glad its not only me.

Pity it didn't go back in time far enough for me to undo the AJ horror round.
    I only needed to go back 5 days and undo my horror trades last week
    WAXY REBORN

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    I only needed to go back 5 days and undo my horror trades last week
    Somewhere I've gone terribly wrong this season and think maybe I should've taken this one off...
    Going from bad to worse and can't seem to find my way back, but I'll keep plugging away. Contemplating Boone to Randle and Goulding to Trice but Humphries needs to go as he's going to leak $$$. Got Brandt as C. Who should I trade first?

Ellis
    Boone
    Walker
    Drimic

Brandt
    Humphries

Buford
    Cadee
    Goulding
    D.Martin

Not much cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Catwoman View Post
    Who should I trade first?
    Humphries & Goulding would be the likely candidates IMO. Both about to leak cash and neither consistently generating significant points.

A possible scenario would be to ditch those two & bring in Tyler and one of Drmic, Bruce, Adnam, Weeks or Steindl. Out of that lot I'd be favouring Weeks or Bruce due to upcoming doubles.

All this comes with the caveat that I have also had a terrible start so should be taken with a grain of salt.
    "Full Court Press" in NBL Dreamteam
    210th in 2015/16
    342nd in 2016/17

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post
    Umm did half the posts disappear?
    Yeah, looks like a server hiccup about this time yesterday. I'm going through the logs.

DN
    The Reverend Doktor Derek Nielsen, FEIT, CTAJ, v2.0

I holding Humph during Sydneys run of doubles, he has time to build back $ then trade out after rd 9 or 11. If an aggressive Randle turns up Humph could get a few more easy under the basket scores.

Quote Originally Posted by miracle.touch View Post
    Humphries & Goulding would be the likely candidates IMO. Both about to leak cash and neither consistently generating significant points.

A possible scenario would be to ditch those two & bring in Tyler and one of Drmic, Bruce, Adnam, Weeks or Steindl. Out of that lot I'd be favouring Weeks or Bruce due to upcoming doubles.

All this comes with the caveat that I have also had a terrible start so should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Thanks for the input. It actually gave me a different perspective and was very helpful. I'm not sure about Tyler or how Sydney will settle with the new players, but thinking Kickert could be worth a go with all Brisbane doubles?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Catwoman View Post
    Thanks for the input. It actually gave me a different perspective and was very helpful. I'm not sure about Tyler or how Sydney will settle with the new players, but thinking Kickert could be worth a go with all Brisbane doubles?
    Kickert is definitely a good option with the doubles. I left him out because of his higher price, as it changes who you could replace Goulding with, but it could certainly be done.
    "Full Court Press" in NBL Dreamteam
    210th in 2015/16
    342nd in 2016/17

Quote Originally Posted by miracle.touch View Post
    Kickert is definitely a good option with the doubles. I left him out because of his higher price, as it changes who you could replace Goulding with, but it could certainly be done.
    I would have to get Weeks with Kickert. Another option would be Young for Humphries and Goulding to Trice. That should give me better starting points and it would allow me to play Boone in centre on a single.

Interesting differences between player values in the two comps.

Randle for example is 154K here and I have brought him in.

He is 1.82 mil in Fantasy and I just cant see the value there despite what he is capable of.

My team is looking like

Cotton
    Randle
    AJ
    Buford
    JPT

McCarron
    Blanch
    Brandt
    Waxy
    Drmic

Will cash AJ in for Tyler next week to free up cash and upgrade bench.

Need to be ready to move Waxy/Brandt on as I think the Cats will likely go into panic mode soon and bring in a gun 4/5 import.

Just a quick eye test on Tyler last week. I think he will score well on rebounds and easy baskets IF he can stay out of foul trouble. His O board scoring will be a bigger asset in Fantasy I think.

Ellis
    JPT
    AJ
    Cotton
    Randle

Loughton
    Delany
    Humphries
    Moore
    Adnam

I'm hoping JPT outperforms Buford this week and I don't really want to move Ellis considering all the doubles he has coming up. Will look to dump AJ next week.

Captaining AJ in both types of Fantasy, surely he goes well against Sydney and Cairns.
    Last edited by tomboy; 15-11-2017 at 06:07 PM.