Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Nbl dream team 2017/2018

Fixed Moore's score but something else must have also been messed around with because I was on 423 and when Moore's 58 is added I ended up on 476 which was good enough for 22nd and my best start ever. Most of the teams up top have about 6-7 Adelaide guys.

Great to see one of the regulars on here Plastic Weizels right up there in 9th spot. He was potentially a good DT player but his judgement was so seriously compromised by his Redhage man crush and Wortho loathing that he was reduced on most occasions to a babbling mess.

AJ & Drmic in for Hodgson & DJ is the likely move.

436 for my Ladbrokes fantasy team and like everyone else I have NFI what is going on now. It looks like its being run by the same committee that is in charge of the soft cap and equalisation tax as they are just making things up and issuing meaningless statements as they go along.
    Last edited by fan since the old snakepit; 09-10-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    Great to see one of the regulars on here Plastic Weizels right up there in 9th spot. He was potentially a good DT player but his judgement was so seriously compromised by his Redhage man crush and Wortho loathing that he was reduced on most occasions to a babbling mess.
    Please, please, please don't give Plastic Sniffers more of a head swell than he currently has. He is already flopping around on the floor in excitement as a homage to Redhage, but looking more like a freshly landed tuna fish on some boat owned by some bloke with a Southern Cross tattoo.

Is anybody able to change their team in Fantasy NBL?

Is anybody able to change their team in Fantasy NBL?
    I drank a few beers and looked at my team... Still didn't like what I saw...

it is great to see fstos! its true, without redhage/wortho to think about i feel like a cloud has been lifted.

Is everyone else still locked out of Lad broken Fantasy NBL? My team just shows the same as last week, lockout is showing zero and I can't do any changes. Am I doing something wrong?

Is everyone else still locked out of Lad broken Fantasy NBL? My team just shows the same as last week, lockout is showing zero and I can't do any changes. Am I doing something wrong?
    Yep, your not alone. Still locked out.

Someone emailed them and they are apparently "checking all the stats and new values of players"

But they are taking their sweet time.

What a kick in the guts - logged on to Sportsdeck to ponder some trades, and I've dropped from 53 to 100 in the rankings, so i'm assuming 47 of the higher ranked punters chose Ramone Moore.

Interesting in fantasy. Click the rankings button and it says rankings available after round 3. Points will still be scored in rounds 1 to 3.

WTF is that all about. Anyone hazard a guess what the real story is.

Interesting in fantasy. Click the rankings button and it says rankings available after round 3. Points will still be scored in rounds 1 to 3.

WTF is that all about. Anyone hazard a guess what the real story is.
    Assume it just has to do with the monthly prize. Weeks 1 & 2 don't count towards the overall prize but do count towards the monthly prize... Stupid way of doing it but I expect that kind of stuff from FanHub.

Is it almost worth making a new account and team after those small price changes ? With no points from round 1/2 counting it might not be a bad idea...
    WAXY REBORN
    DT: 167
    Fantasy: ?

2013/14 Ranking: 4th
    2014/15 Ranking: 31st
    2015/16 Ranking: 125th
    2016/17 Ranking: 33rd

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    Think you might still get 2 free tickets. I read the T&C's and they said they will probably distribute tickets to all people tied at the top.

My Fantasy has had a horseshit start so I'm glad points are counting. My 2 last minute trades of Walker > Moller and Tokoto > Blanchfield have both been fails, compounded by starting Cooke, and captaining Smith,.....

My bright start is in dreamteam, where I'm on 413 and my team is set up well for the next few weeks. Should be able to depart Sobey/Hodgson and grab Mccarron/Ogilvy to run the captain for some of the next rounds. Team would have been perfect if I had grabbed Drmic instead of Ili, but I really wanted to keep atleast 5k spare to wiggle some players around
    Where'd you read that?

27. In the event of a tie for a Game Day Winner prize or a Round Winner prize, all tied entrants will be decided by the “first registered” user as the tie-breaker mechanic. As compensation, the Promoter will ensure a prize at the Promoter’s discretion will be provided to the entrants who missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayzoos All-Stars View Post
    What a kick in the guts - logged on to Sportsdeck to ponder some trades, and I've dropped from 53 to 100 in the rankings, so i'm assuming 47 of the higher ranked punters chose Ramone Moore.
    I know what you mean, I dropped from the initial ranking of 50 to 78... Not ideal but not a terrible start.

So it's open and prices have changed. I scored 481 but have 4 6ers players along with Ili, DKD, Delaney and Humphries on my bench along with Hodgson at Centre. I was liking my bench prior to round 1 but am now hating it.

I'm considering starting again.

Differences in the two comps are huge. Example.

What to do about AJ . Sure it's a no brainer in DT as his big Rd 1 score will go into his rolling average. His double this week makes him the number one captain pick and it will most likely come with a price increase.

Do you bring him in in fantasy though. He is up to 2 million. His double this week is worth SFA and a couple of poor games could see his price plummet.

BUT he is needed for Rds 4-7 where he has 7 games in 4 rds.

For you guys who have played the AFL in Ladbrokes .....How much will the Rd1 scores V Rd 2 scores weigh in the prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    Is it almost worth making a new account and team after those small price changes ? With no points from round 1/2 counting it might not be a bad idea...
    My guess is that if your team wasn't set for round 1, you won't be eligible for any prizes. Just a guess.

Differences in the two comps are huge. Example.

What to do about AJ . Sure it's a no brainer in DT as his big Rd 1 score will go into his rolling average. His double this week makes him the number one captain pick and it will most likely come with a price increase.

Do you bring him in in fantasy though. He is up to 2 million. His double this week is worth SFA and a couple of poor games could see his price plummet.

BUT he is needed for Rds 4-7 where he has 7 games in 4 rds.

For you guys who have played the AFL in Ladbrokes .....How much will the Rd1 scores V Rd 2 scores weigh in the prices?
    In AFL Fantasy it really was impossible to nail down exactly how the price changes worked, I believe it's much more complicated than DT which is pretty much based on a 3 or 4 game avg. I think that in NBL Fantasy... the most recently played game has a massive impact on the price rise with the previous games having a minimal impact.

AFL Fantasy was also a lot different in strategy to play as the main way of making your money was jumping on Rookies in their debut game without having seen them play. Right through the season there was always rookies being debuted so you could always make your cash that way without trying to make a lot of cash on established players. NBL Fantasy doesn't have that option of fresh rookies every week so you really are going to have to ride a players form, Also factoring in the fixture (AFL Fantasy players only have 1 game every week) and also I'm not sure about the ability to DPP trade which I haven't yet tried but have read that you can't do... Only straight trades.

Melm

Thanks LITS.

I am about to start a new thread for Fantasy. We can keep this one for DT. It might be easier to ensure we understand the context of each post.

Hodgson > Ogilvy
    Sobey > Mccarron

Conger 2
    Ellis 2
    Ogilvy 2 (C)
    Shorter 2
    Creek 2

Walker
    Blanchfield 2
    Humphries 2
    Mccarron
    Ili

round 3 trades probably looking at cashing out Creek and Shorter to 2 brisbane players. Probably looking at Buford/Kickert right now, but if Abercrombie has another huge game I might just swoop on him. Didn't really like the look of either NZ import on the weekend. Ili played good minutes but was just bad

Hoping Blanchfield can step up and be a big POD for me in both forms of the comp. Do we reckon people will start Ogilvy on 1 game over Humphries with 2 in round 3??
    WAXY REBORN
    DT: 167
    Fantasy: ?

2013/14 Ranking: 4th
    2014/15 Ranking: 31st
    2015/16 Ranking: 125th
    2016/17 Ranking: 33rd

At present.

Creek 2
    Ellis 2
    AJ (C) 2
    Shorter 2
    Moore 2

Waxy
    Drmic 2
    Humphries 2
    Blanchfield 2
    McCarron

Really wanted Conger but couldn't make it work. He will come in after Rd 3. Have a little spare cash and hoping to make a bit more our of Drmic, Moore and Waxy in particular.

Apologies I haven't been able to read through previous posts, but is there a break even spreadsheet anywhere this season?
    23 seasons as a Wildcats member.

KingJamesXXIII
    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    Apologies I haven't been able to read through previous posts, but is there a break even spreadsheet anywhere this season?
    No, Not this year, The guy who was doing it says he doesn't have the time.

Going to make things a bit more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    Damn, I was going to rely on him instead of doing my own, but looks like I'll have to... Does anyone know how Fantasy price changes work?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post

Going to make things a bit more difficult.
    Bugger! I was wondering when someone was going to link the page. I got ALL my info from that spreadsheet.

wonder if we could pay the guy to do it? I would certainly chip in, I need it, lol