Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Nbl dream team 2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    wonder if we could pay the guy to do it? I would certainly chip in, I need it, lol
    Lol, yeah it was very very helpful.

It's purely a time issue he said, Has different job to last year and doesn't have the time.

Probably doesn't help that there are no prizes in DT this year, A lot probably focusing on Fantasy with the prizes on offer.

God I hate DJ with as much passion as is humanly possible. He's either garbage when he's in the Heyzoos line up, or unstoppable once traded out. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of middle ground with him.

Dream Team just isn't the same without the breakevens spreadsheet...
    23 seasons as a Wildcats member.

KingJamesXXIII
    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

I think it is better. Makes decisions more of a feel for the game rather than pure stats. You still have a fair idea who is going to have a good chance of rises or drops.

Of course those who have their own spread sheet have an advantage and I will be fireing the odd "what's x's breakeven" at them.

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    I think it is better. Makes decisions more of a feel for the game rather than pure stats. You still have a fair idea who is going to have a good chance of rises or drops.

Of course those who have their own spread sheet have an advantage and I will be fireing the odd "what's x's breakeven" at them.
    Except for when you trade out dj before he explodes
    WAXY REBORN
    DT: 167
    Fantasy: ?

2013/14 Ranking: 4th
    2014/15 Ranking: 31st
    2015/16 Ranking: 125th
    2016/17 Ranking: 33rd

Yeah that's the main issue I guess - knowing some people have the ability to make their own and can plan ahead knowing rough dollar changes ahead. And also at a glance players recent form. I do like the 'feel for the game' avenue though. But I think there will be times that a must have may slip through the cracks due to not knowing a big price increase is coming. Especially if you don't spend as much time going through the stats.
    23 seasons as a Wildcats member.

KingJamesXXIII
    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    Yeah that's the main issue I guess - knowing some people have the ability to make their own and can plan ahead knowing rough dollar changes ahead. And also at a glance players recent form. I do like the 'feel for the game' avenue though. But I think there will be times that a must have may slip through the cracks due to not knowing a big price increase is coming. Especially if you don't spend as much time going through the stats.
    Yep pretty much agree with this. Good to open the spreadsheet and have a quick suss to see if they are any must haves for price increases for the coming week and also to see recent form.

How bad does a DJ trade out to Ogilvy captain sound about now..
    WAXY REBORN

Put me in the DJ to AJ category. The margin between their scores needs to reduce dramatically next game.

Put me in the DJ to AJ category. The margin between their scores needs to reduce dramatically next game.
    Welcome, welcome... I trust you slept as poorly as I did and woke up with a stream of cursing. Logged on, just to see if it was some sort of error only to let out another stream of cursing...

Stupid game..... Hasn't been the same since Ben Allen hung up his barely used NBL jersey.

17% started with AJ, Wondering how many bought him in this week? looks like many Ozhoopers bought him in and most likely captained him too.
    I'm lucky I stuck with DJ for another round.
    Last edited by Andy K; 14-10-2017 at 10:06 AM.

17% started with AJ, Wondering how many bought him in this week? looks like many Ozhoopers bought him in and most likely captained him too.
    I'm lucky I stuck with DJ for another round.
    I brought him in for Hodgson... Should have stuck with Hodgson!!

Horrific game from AJ, one of the worst single performances by a player I've ever seen.

Just had a look around my leagues, I'm in 6 top quality leagues and another mates league... So out of 56 teams, 33 Captained AJ, 7 went Creek, 6 went Sobey, 3 went Shorter, 2 went DJ, 2 went Lisch, 2 went Conger.

So by the looks of it, most serious DT coaches went AJ as C, Doesn't make me feel any better but that has set us all back massively against the teams that went Creek or DJ.

I think most people expected a below average score for Ogilvy @ Perth , but his form from the preseason probably urged us to captain him anyway. Still a -10 is not what I was expecting for a “below average game “.

Most of us with 6er players were probably gonna get rid of them after this round, but if Creek or DJ have another big game tonight, we might have to hold on to them for another week or two for the price increase. I think I will consider a Humphries to Brandt upgrade , and then do Shorter to anyone really (Tokoto, D Mart, Newbill, Kickert, Buford, Holt all viable targets).
    Can hold Creek for a bit longer as his flexibility with Blanchfield is handy.

Am I reading the box score wrong or did Ili get 34 minutes last night ?
    WAXY REBORN

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    I think most people expected a below average score for Ogilvy @ Perth , but his form from the preseason probably urged us to captain him anyway. Still a -10 is not what I was expecting for a “below average game “.

Most of us with 6er players were probably gonna get rid of them after this round, but if Creek or DJ have another big game tonight, we might have to hold on to them for another week or two for the price increase. I think I will consider a Humphries to Brandt upgrade , and then do Shorter to anyone really (Tokoto, D Mart, Newbill, Kickert, Buford, Holt all viable targets).
    Can hold Creek for a bit longer as his flexibility with Blanchfield is handy.

Am I reading the box score wrong or did Ili get 34 minutes last night ?
    You are right, I expected a lower score against Perth but that was pathetic. Really leaves us with a conundrum as only ILW & BRI have doubles in round 4, yet AJ's price is going to plummet and also AJ heads back to Perth in Rd 4!!

Not sure how many minutes Ili actually played... But he did play a hell of a lot. Don't think he played 24 mins tho.

If I was Illawarrra, i'd either employ the services of a Sports Psychologist or leave AJ back in NSW, the next time they play Perth in Perth.

There has been big scoring mistakes in DT, Its already open too. Anyone with Ellis has an extra 50pts this round? other players have mistakes too.

Yeah. Leading team probably captained Ellis. They better fix this as it affects both prices and scores. Fkn pathetic.

There has been big scoring mistakes in DT, Its already open too. Anyone with Ellis has an extra 50pts this round? other players have mistakes too.
    Yeah, It's completely messed up. So many players scores are wrong and as a result you would think price movements as well.

I've just gone from ranked 187 at 10 AM, to now ranked 157, obviously due to a recalculation of the scores. Just need another 4 or 5 recalculations, and i'll be back in business.

Creek's huge weekend is a bit of a conundrum. I initially planned to out him to free up some cash and maybe grab an import with an impending price rise (Buford, Newbill etc) but will probably keep him for the round 5 Adelaide double (where he might be the best captain that week!!). Only really had Shorter to remove this week but made a bit of a second greedy trade to preserve some $$$

Shorter > Trice
    Ogilvy > Brandt

Ellis (C)
    Walker
    Brandt
    Trice
    Blanchfield

Creek
    Conger
    Humphries
    Ili
    Mccarron

Means i can avoid another week of Ogilvy shedding $$ and upgrade Humphries to him next week. A C combo of Ogilvy/Brandt is handy as their doubles alternate - can always have one starting on 2 games.
    WAXY REBORN

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    Creek's huge weekend is a bit of a conundrum. I initially planned to out him to free up some cash and maybe grab an import with an impending price rise (Buford, Newbill etc) but will probably keep him for the round 5 Adelaide double (where he might be the best captain that week!!). Only really had Shorter to remove this week but made a bit of a second greedy trade to preserve some $$$

Shorter > Trice
    Ogilvy > Brandt

Ellis (C)
    Walker
    Brandt
    Trice
    Blanchfield

Creek
    Conger
    Humphries
    Ili
    Mccarron

Means i can avoid another week of Ogilvy shedding $$ and upgrade Humphries to him next week. A C combo of Ogilvy/Brandt is handy as their doubles alternate - can always have one starting on 2 games.
    I too had planned to trade Creek out this week but with a 58 & 64 still in his price cycle it makes no sense to get rid of him. Still undecided on what to do with AJ though.

Ingles.

I will be going with exactly the same starters as you this round. Bench slightly different as I still have Conger to bring in for Rd 4 but will get some nice $$$ I hope from Creek, Drmic and Moore for at least another round.

Slipped from 22nd to 97th but a lot of the top teams are heavily laden with Adelaide players and will fall away I hope.

Ingles.

I will be going with exactly the same starters as you this round. Bench slightly different as I still have Conger to bring in for Rd 4 but will get some nice $$$ I hope from Creek, Drmic and Moore for at least another round.

Slipped from 22nd to 97th but a lot of the top teams are heavily laden with Adelaide players and will fall away I hope.
    Does that mean you are also dumping Ogilvy for a week? Otherwise your trades will be Shorter and Hump for Trice/Brandt ?
    WAXY REBORN

Bringing in Trice and Buford this week and Sobey and McCarron are gone.

Looking at starting

Eliis
    Conger
    Humphries
    Trice
    Buford

Loughton
    Delany
    Hodgson
    Moore
    Clarke

Ingles.

I'm one of those still laden with Adelaide players but not in a hurry to shed them bar Hodgeson and Sobey. Most are still making $$$ and we can afford to lose a bit of ground so early in the season to build cap in Ben Allen's opinion! Sobey to Trice is an obvious trade and a popular one I'd imagine.

Prather is an interesting one this week. Always planned on bringing him in this week, but Prather is a game time decision. Would hate to trade him in and he sits out the Perth game. Newley is a decent Plan B I guess.

Going to stick with AJ, in the hope that last round was just a misnomer. Paid a premium for him, and I know he’ll lose coin, but just hoping he can go large in Round’s 4 and 5.