Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nbl dream team 2017/2018

Default Nbl dream team 2017/2018

Hi all. Hope you are enjoying off season and keeping an ear to the ground for relevant player news No byes this season should help us Dream Teamers!

Can't wait. Has anyone done one of those Excel charts that shows how many games each team plays per round? Far too lazy to do it myself, so hoping to plagiarise off someone else.

I've completely stolen this from someone on another fantasy sports site.... a big shout out to Doddy from SuperCoachCoach

17-18 schedule.JPG

All teams have 9 weeks on a double
    Last edited by Keffa; 18-07-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Hey all, keen as bean for this upcoming season. Anyone playing AFL Fantasy? Im ranked around the 19,000's.

Quote Originally Posted by tomboy View Post
    Hey all, keen as bean for this upcoming season. Anyone playing AFL Fantasy? Im ranked around the 19,000's.
    Yep I'm sort of playing ...coming around 8000th at the moment. Can't wait for NBL dream team ... AFL is just an off season filler 😀

You know I'll be there next season.

My off season fantasy game is world surf league fantasy.

Sitting around 2,500th after J-Bay.

Not much effort. Just pick a team of 8 with 2 top tier, 4 middle tier and 2 bottom tier guys.

Its a little bit more fun to watch with the fantasy aspect added.

Really interesting draw. Can see there being a lot more diversity in teams, rather than everyone having the same 6-8 player core, and a couple of bench spuds. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayzoos All-Stars View Post
    Really interesting draw. Can see there being a lot more diversity in teams, rather than everyone having the same 6-8 player core, and a couple of bench spuds. Can't wait.
    I think it depends on what prices they assign to players though.... last year there were guys like David Anderson and Cam Bairstow who you simply couldn't ignore because they were priced at about 66k when they should have been nearly double that. If they do anything similar, we will all end up with a heap of the same guys again. Hopefully you're right though and we end up with a bit more diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Keffa View Post
    I think it depends on what prices they assign to players though.... last year there were guys like David Anderson and Cam Bairstow who you simply couldn't ignore because they were priced at about 66k when they should have been nearly double that. If they do anything similar, we will all end up with a heap of the same guys again. Hopefully you're right though and we end up with a bit more diversity.
    Do we have as many big name returning players this year? I can't name many off the top of my head so the prices should be a lot more accurate this year,

Last year was "easy" when Newley, Andersen and Bairstow were no brainers
    WAXY REBORN
    DT: ?
    Fantasy: ?

2013/14 Ranking: 4th
    2014/15 Ranking: 31st
    2015/16 Ranking: 125th
    2016/17 Ranking: 33rd

2 months to go!
    Wont be long before I'm bundled out of AFL fantasy finals and can start concentrating on NBL DT.

Cairns have the best draw early with all their 9 doubles coming in the first 14rds....could be an ugly season for anyone that gets caught up in playing doubles, lol.

Isaac Humphries will be the interesting one. If we're going on the Newley/Anderson scale, he should be $66K or cheaper. If so, he'll be in everyone's side.

Cairns with the early doubles, but they haven't produce a lot in terms of DT production in past years. I'm sure i'll get sucked in to fielding Gliddon yet again, and he'll burn me for about the 5th year in a row.

Here we go people... very little time to get these leagues completed.

This year the NBL Dream Team we have always played has moved back to the Sportsdeck site, So we will use that for our main Ozhoops Leagues... https://sportsdeck.com/au/nbl/dreamteam/ as it is the exact same rules and scoring system as we have always had.

Additionally there is a new NBL Fantasy Competition on the NBL site which has different rules, team size and scoring. So I have set up a few leagues a couple of posts below for those who wish to enter that comp.

So here are the Leagues for 2017-18...

OH1

1. Brownie's Bandits - Lost In The Sky
    2. Hondo 86ers - Hondo
    3. Supreme. - tomboy
    4. Slam Drunk - Keffa
    5. Twelve foot rim - Twelve foot rim
    6. Al's Beanos - scottgcau (Promoted)
    7. Heyzoos All Stars - Hayzoos All-Stars (Promoted)
    8. Cyril33s Crushers - Hawker33 (Promoted)

OH2

1. RADelaide Rippers - hawky (Relegated)
    2. Mecca - bilza069 (Relegated)
    3. Waxy Reborn - Ingles13 (Relegated)
    4. Bunchalosers - parasite
    5. Sacked by Heal - fan since the old snakepit
    6. Hotham Huskies - Auron (Promoted)
    7. Showtime - de_beers (Promoted)
    8. Double Dribbles - whitewind (Promoted)

OH3

1. BallistiX - BallistiX (Relegated)
    2. Lord Vlahovdemort - inztantkarma (Relegated)
    3. Plastic Wiezels - Plastic Wiezels (Relegated)
    4. Favourites - mammes
    5. Sharpshooters - Wild Catwoman
    6. Sobey4MVP - Kyrie2Nation (Promoted)
    7. GCEel - Mincey (Promoted)
    8. Hawkstar - Andy K (Promoted)

OH4

1. Cheap Shot - Ashman25 (Relegated)
    2. FullCourtPress - miracle.touch (Relegated)
    3. Blockers - Sam
    4. GTS - GTS (Promoted)
    5. Wookiee Spirit - Nerf Herder (Promoted)
    6. Team nWo - Hulk Hogan (Promoted)
    7. Softcaps - SB.1 (Promoted)
    8. Gouldings Ghoulies - alexkrad

OH5

1. Fighting Furies - fightingfury (Relegated)
    2. Agent 15's Ballers - Agent 15 (Relegated)

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

1. Hondo 86ers - Hondo
    2. Hotham Huskies - Auron
    3. Cyril33s Crushers - Hawker33
    4. HandleRandle - Kyrie2Nation
    5. Al’s Beanos - scottgcau2
    6. BallistiX - BallistiX
    7. Double Dribbles - whitewind
    8. RADelaide Rippers - hawky

PREMIER LEAGUE

1. Gold Coast Eel - Mincey
    2. Brownie's Bandits - Lost In The Sky
    3. Sharpshooters - Wild Catwoman
    4. Keffa’s Killers - Keffa
    5. Supreme. - tomboy
    6. Sacked by Heal - fan since the old snakepit
    7. Hawkstar - Andy K
    8. Favourites - mammes

We've had a great response so far getting a lot of the teams into the leagues via other forums... But I need to hear from the following coaches so I can give them the league codes, Please send me a PM ASAP so I can get you in where you belong... Hawker33, parasite, de-beers, mammes, Nerf Herder, Hulk Hogan, SB.1, fighting fury & Agent 15.

Once again we only have a few days to get this done so please contact me ASAP!!!

Good Luck for the season guys!!
    Last edited by Lost In The Sky; 02-10-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Nice to have ozhoops back.

Are we only playing the sportsdeck leagues or are we doing the same thing on the official site?

I am looking forward to playing the two slightly different games.

Anyone going with a full 36ers starting 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    Here we go people... very little time to get these leagues completed.

So here are the Leagues for 2017-18...
    Great stuff LITS

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    Seconded
    "Full Court Press" in NBL Dreamteam
    210th in 2015/16
    342nd in 2016/17

Quote Originally Posted by miracle.touch View Post
    Great stuff LITS

Seconded
    Thanks LITS for organizing leagues so quickly! Anyone in the DT Live Mob league last season if you want to rejoin please PM me for the code. We came 3rd so did very well 😊

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post

Are we only playing the sportsdeck leagues or are we doing the same thing on the official site?

I am looking forward to playing the two slightly different games.

Anyone going with a full 36ers starting 5?
    Cheers FSTOS... I should have made that clearer. We are using the Sportsdeck site for our leagues this year as it is the exact same game and rules we have always played so that makes sense.

I have however started up a couple of Ozhoops Leagues in the NBL Fantasy site... https://fantasy.nbl.com.au/classic/ that are just first in first served random leagues. The benefit of having our main league competition on the sportsdeck site is that it allows everyone to go real hard at the prizes on the NBL Fantasy site without having to worry about league matchups and dropping leagues. There are some fantastic prizes on offer on the NBL Fantasy site so I encourage everyone to also enter that comp and take on the challenge of the different scoring system.

As I said earlier, first in...

NBL Fantasy Ozhoops 1 - 59J69H9M

NBL Fantasy Ozhoops 2 - 4UMHCUAK

Joined LITS. Thanks again.

Now for the toughest fantasy call of all.

Which Cairns player (s) do I select for Rd1. The great thing this year as regardless of what happens there will be zero need to have any of them at the end.

Keen as ever for this season to kick off! Which Cairns players do we get considering Carrerra is out now?

Much harder picking teams this year with NBL Blitz being largely irrelevant due to being held so early.

Not really sure what to do with Cairns... They always seem to ruin everybody's season, lol

Excellent job LITS. I have joined ozhoops 1 on the fantasy website. Maybe If we continue to do tiers for fantasy next season, we can take out the top 8 from the group? Actually, is the group capped or unlimited? Might be wise to make an unlimited group so everyone on here can join? Just suggestions.

I've considered quite a few Adelaide centric lineups but mostly for dreamteam. After some discussion, I've concluded that imports are just super valuable in fantasy because they are much cheaper relatively.

DT I'm looking at a similar lineup to the past. 1 premo, 6 mid-priced and 3 cash cows.
    Fantasy definitely more balanced from 1-11 but will be left ruing if some proven big names like Ogilvy, DJ and Sobey light up early.

For Cairns players I'm cautiously optimistic. Have my concerns like most of you guys. Has anyone seen much of their import point guard? ATM I'm running with just Gliddon in my team
    WAXY REBORN

What are Cairns looking like lining up round 1?

Smith/Weeks
    Gliddon/Heuir
    Mccarron/Weigh/Kuany
    Louhgton
    Jawai/Egwu

Obviously Weigh and Kuany (who I have never seen play) will have to fill minutes at power forward. Losing Wortho (and Carrera) really hurts the balance of this roster
    WAXY REBORN

Hondo (when you check in). Is there a supercoach coach league this year?

Even Loughton is a cheap possibility now Carrera is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    Excellent job LITS. I have joined ozhoops 1 on the fantasy website. Maybe If we continue to do tiers for fantasy next season, we can take out the top 8 from the group? Actually, is the group capped or unlimited? Might be wise to make an unlimited group so everyone on here can join? Just suggestions.

I've considered quite a few Adelaide centric lineups but mostly for dreamteam. After some discussion, I've concluded that imports are just super valuable in fantasy because they are much cheaper relatively.

DT I'm looking at a similar lineup to the past. 1 premo, 6 mid-priced and 3 cash cows.
    Fantasy definitely more balanced from 1-11 but will be left ruing if some proven big names like Ogilvy, DJ and Sobey light up early.

For Cairns players I'm cautiously optimistic. Have my concerns like most of you guys. Has anyone seen much of their import point guard? ATM I'm running with just Gliddon in my team
    The group is unlimited so anyone from here can join. The preference of course is to have all Ozhoops teams in the group to make it easier when forming the Champions & Premier Leagues for next season, saves me having to search through peoples results that haven't joined the group. It only takes 5 seconds to join.

In fact your suggestion that we just take the top 8 teams from the group for the Champions League and then the next 8 teams for the Premier League might be the way to go. Maybe it is a requirement to qualify for those 2 league that you be in the group? I have sent everyone who has contacted me the link to the group but only 12 of the 25 teams have joined the group so far.

Thoughts People?