Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBL Fantasy 2017

Default NBL Fantasy 2017

Thought I might start a new thread for the Ladbrokes Fantasy competition. Might be less confusing.

Plan this week is to continue to set myself for rd3 and try to make some cash.

Team.

Shorter
    Moore
    Humphries
    Conger
    Ellis

Prather

Holt
    Drmic
    Brandt
    Waxy
    Delaney

Still working on what to do about AJ for rd 4. No faith in prices and feel like a poor week from him this week might bleed cash that I can't afford to lose.

Shorter
    Moore
    Conger
    Ellis (C)
    Humphries
    Tokoto

Scoochie
    Newbill
    Walker
    Deng
    Brandt

Is Conger worth putting the C on or should I go Ellis or Shorter?

Price changes in Fantasy look small compared to Dreamteam. Anybody familiar with the AFL comp - can we expect larger swings in later rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by scottgcau2 View Post
    Price changes in Fantasy look small compared to Dreamteam. Anybody familiar with the AFL comp - can we expect larger swings in later rounds?
    We really are entering new ground with NBL Fantasy. In AFL Fantasy the way you made your cash was from jumping on rookies who where playing their first game, every round there was heaps of rookies so cash was easy to make. In NBL Fantasy things are much different because there are only 11 players per team (as opposed to the 700 odd AFL players you can select) and almost everyone started playing for their team from round 1. And also in NBL we sometimes have 2 games a week as opposed to the AFL where there is just 1 game each and every week.

In theory we should see larger swings in later rounds based on form as there has to be price movements every round and with no rookies the price swings have to happen somewhere. But it's nearly impossible to predict how things are going to happen as there is nothing that is similar to compare the pricing system too. This season of NBL Fantasy is pretty unique.

Anyone making a new team so they can be eligible for the 10k?

So incredibly frustrating that you can't DPP trade. And also that players are locked into specific positions rather than just Guards, Forwards and Centers. Makes things so hard.

Due to the first two rounds having no bearing on overall and the fact that I have NFI how prices work I managed to avoid the AJ debacle.

I felt like there was to much risk of a price drop when his great rd 1 score may have had minimal bearing on price so avoided him and chose players who would be useful for rd 3 while also keeping an eye on Rd 4 where only Hawks and Bullets have doubles. AJ will of course come in then.

Current team is

Shorter
    Leslie
    Hodgson
    Ellis
    Conger

Prather

Holt
    Drmic
    Spudfries (someone on DT live came up with his very appropriate name)
    Walker
    Delany

Pretty happy that most of them should make some cash. Leslie is the worry. Obvious talent but I noticed some very bad body language and attitude last night that makes me think he and Gaze have issues. Time out with about 15 ticks left in regular time. Leslie on the bench and everyone else very involved in the time out. Leslie standing off to the side not even listening.
    Last edited by fan since the old snakepit; 14-10-2017 at 01:38 PM.

IS Dt live active this season ? Does it show both fantasy and DT scores ?
    WAXY REBORN
    Fantasy: 45

2013/14 Ranking: 4th
    2014/15 Ranking: 31st
    2015/16 Ranking: 125th
    2016/17 Ranking: 33rd
    2017/18 Ranking: 8th

Anyone considering ponying up the cash for Randle.

I think he is a little overvalued so will be passing on him.

Another question. WTF is going on in the Fantasy Universe? Since when have teams ridden into the leading bunch on the back of big performances from multiple Cairns players?

Has the Cairns Fantasy poison curse been lifted.

If this can happen then is it possible that

*Applecrumble becomes consistent.

*DJ plays with some heart.

*FFS AJ's body is not invaded by a Ben Allen spirit once it crosses the WA border.

Big round this week with JPT, AJ, Randle (for POD) Conger, Cotton, Rotnei, Buford, Trice, Ellis all with legit claims for the captains jersey.

I am reasonably set for a while bar round 10 which is the Brisbane Cairns double. Lots of the leading teams have McCarron, Smith etc. I have been too scarred from previous seasons and have none in my team. Wish I had Macca but it's too late now so will probably just go with as many Bullets as I can that week.

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post

Another question. WTF is going on in the Fantasy Universe? Since when have teams ridden into the leading bunch on the back of big performances from multiple Cairns players?

Has the Cairns Fantasy poison curse been lifted.

If this can happen then is it possible that

*Applecrumble becomes consistent.

*DJ plays with some heart.

*FFS AJ's body is not invaded by a Ben Allen spirit once it crosses the WA border.

Big round this week with JPT, AJ, Randle (for POD) Conger, Cotton, Rotnei, Buford, Trice, Ellis all with legit claims for the captains jersey.

I am reasonably set for a while bar round 10 which is the Brisbane Cairns double. Lots of the leading teams have McCarron, Smith etc. I have been too scarred from previous seasons and have none in my team. Wish I had Macca but it's too late now so will probably just go with as many Bullets as I can that week.
    Randle is too expensive in fantasy without seeing how he looks in Sydney for me, i wouldnt critisice anyone for traiding him in though.

Been playing this game for too long to trust Cairns, nor expect any of those 3 other possibilities to ever come true. Happy with McCarron though.

Boone and moore

to

Cotton and Burford

Burford (c)
    AJ
    Ellis
    Tokoto
    Cotton
    Illi

Humphries
    Delaney
    Walker
    Mccarron
    Adnam

really need to dump some of my sub 100k players, definately holding me back.
    36ers member
    NBL DT: RADelaide rippers
    52nd 2013/14 NBL DT
    10th 2014/15 NBL DT
    3rd 2015/16 NBL DT
    25th 2016/17 NBL DT

Definitely overvalued, but I'm sitting down in 399th so I'm considering him. It's either him or Trice but I don't like the fact Trice is up against Damo this week.

Randle might be worth a punt for me.

Anyone else having trouble selecting players in Game Day?

Can select 1 or 2 players then it won't let me select anymore players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    Anyone else having trouble selecting players in Game Day?

Can select 1 or 2 players then it won't let me select anymore players.
    It's been like that since last week. Select a player, refresh, then select another and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie2nation View Post
    It's been like that since last week. Select a player, refresh, then select another and so on.
    Ahh Cheers.

FanHub are useless.

Started the round in 4th and have NFI what is going on in Fantasyland.

Looks like Floppage didn't change his team and with the teams in second and third one stated Adnam and the other Leslie (while bringing in and captaining Randle).

Down to 7th after last night but all the teams ahead had at least one extra player in the Hawks Kings game.

Started the round in 4th and have NFI what is going on in Fantasyland.

Looks like Floppage didn't change his team and with the teams in second and third one stated Adnam and the other Leslie (while bringing in and captaining Randle).

Down to 7th after last night but all the teams ahead had at least one extra player in the Hawks Kings game.
    The fact is that all of the above was only fantasy. Their live site was showing these anomalies but they were incorrect and were updated during the weekend.

Floppage still in the lead and I have dropped a place but am closer to the leaders in points so all in all a decent week despite gambling on holding off on Randle and starting Holt.

Chose Holt over Trice because he can slot into both guard spots and I can manipulate him and Cotton around this. Thought he would do more with Gibbo out but he doesn't look the player he was when he last played NBL. Just doesn't do enough. He will be fine on my bench with doubles for a few weeks though.

Will dump AJ but a big decision coming up on which centre on a double to bring in. I might even do my sums and be able to ditch Brandt who is becoming less effective as Cooke improves.

I have around a mill cap space advantage over all above me bar Floppage who I still assume is not eligible as he is an NBL employee.
    Last edited by fan since the old snakepit; 19-11-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Think we are seeing two types of strategies appearing here.

Many of the top teams it appears seem to be stacking their starting 6 each week and rotating to make sure all are studs on doubles. The downside to this is weak bench growth. Take a look at the team in second for example. Has spuds like adnam heuir and ellis chalking up single digits each week but he is racking in points as his starters are averaging about 80 a week.

The alternate strategy is probably more dt orientated where you look to round out a team with growth, and get as many contributors as possible. This is what I tried to do as my only sub 950k guy is Delany (I also have 280k spare). Redhage is also using this strategy, but he has gotten lucky and nailed his studs too.

With smaller weekly price rises, and 2 trades every week uncapped, it makes the first strategy mentioned a lot more viable where you can get a stud in for 1 or 2 weeks then get him out, whereas that isn't as frequent as in dreamteam
    WAXY REBORN

Have nice cap space growing here but unfortunately captain choices in fantasy haven’t been my strong point. What’s your total cap ftsos? (Cap + remaining ). Mine is 13.8 mill.

Will probably have to grab Randle this week and go with 6 strong starters on doubles. I say ‘strong’ sintead of studs as my guys will have to elevate that hack tyler.
    Conger > Buford
    JPT > Randle

Trice
    Newbill
    Buford
    Ellis
    Tyler
    Randle

Ili, Cotton, Walker, Delany, Brandt bench.
    Can basically keep that starting lineup the same for round 9, but will probably use the 2 weekly trades to tinker with the bench.

Cooke Jr playing well recently , and Steindl is another guy I might sit at backup SG for a while if I need cash
    WAXY REBORN

Sitting in 45th now, slowly getting closer to the top. Trying to decide wether to get rid of Tokoto and Cotton or hold them for the week and then trade out after next week. If I do, I might pass on Cotton and grab Randle.

Why won't it let me do Ili to Randle, I have the exact amount of money needed for him leaving me with 0 in the bank. Is that not allowed?

Up to 3rd after it showed I was 5th last night. My score went up by 28 points.

Does Fantasy do some sort of recount? I don't even know where the points came from.

I have a lower cap than you Ingles mainly due to me not getting on the Ili train and Holt and Sosa not making any coin.

This week will be a holding pattern for me and I will be leaving some dollars in the bank to build the following week.

How many $$$ of course depends on whether I decide to bring in Randle or not. I have changed my mind so many times today.

IMO his first score was inflated a lot by his arsing his way to 7 boards and his high (50%) 3pt% in the same game. Plus Kings play Cairns who regularly strangle the bejesus out of opponents at times.

I think he is still a little over valued. Is he say nearly $400,000 better than Trice?

I just hope that the Holt Sosa combo as starting guards can not lose to much ground.

The weeks break works fine for me as I will be away on a cruise for 9 days and wont have stuff around with limited info and internet to try to pick my team for Rd 9. I can set Rd 8 and be back to watch all the Rd 8 games before deciding what to do for Rd 9.
    Last edited by fan since the old snakepit; 20-11-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Buford was definetely one of the guys to get a buff in score overnight. He didn't have 138 for the round last night.
    WAXY REBORN

Buford definitely got a massive bump, so did a few other players.

Jeremy Tyler on the other hand hasn't even been given any points for his 2nd game of the weekend against Adelaide.

Emailed FanHub and they know about the problem and are "working on it". That means that all rankings are wrong, possible league matches wrong, Price changes also wrong.

FanHub really are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    Buford definitely got a massive bump, so did a few other players.

Jeremy Tyler on the other hand hasn't even been given any points for his 2nd game of the weekend against Adelaide.

Emailed FanHub and they know about the problem and are "working on it". That means that all rankings are wrong, possible league matches wrong, Price changes also wrong.

FanHub really are a joke.
    Had to contact FanHub again, They have finally now fixed the error and all ranks have been changed and missing points been added.

Ahh looking at my fantasy team is so much nicer than looking at my dreamteam. Good to see some quality value going 10 deep. I reckon next year I might do a second team , one based on only grabbing the best available 6 players each and the other focussed mostly on growth/11 deep (similar to this season)

Has anyone figured out a rough formula/guideline on price changes?

Ended up not grabbing Randle , so my voodoo pins which Ftsos lended me are firmly planted in him
    WAXY REBORN

Thanks Ingles. My team is without Randle as well.

I am on a short cruise with limited internet.

Is there any late mail on injuries etc I need to know?

Leaving a lot of cash on the shelf this week to bring in some extra artillery next round. Hope to just tread water.

Lets hope Cairns players snap out or there in verse reality world that they are currently living in this week.