Thread: NBL Fantasy 2017

Default NBL Fantasy 2017

Thought I might start a new thread for the Ladbrokes Fantasy competition. Might be less confusing.

Plan this week is to continue to set myself for rd3 and try to make some cash.

Team.

Shorter
    Moore
    Humphries
    Conger
    Ellis

Prather

Holt
    Drmic
    Brandt
    Waxy
    Delaney

Still working on what to do about AJ for rd 4. No faith in prices and feel like a poor week from him this week might bleed cash that I can't afford to lose.

Shorter
    Moore
    Conger
    Ellis (C)
    Humphries
    Tokoto

Scoochie
    Newbill
    Walker
    Deng
    Brandt

Is Conger worth putting the C on or should I go Ellis or Shorter?

Price changes in Fantasy look small compared to Dreamteam. Anybody familiar with the AFL comp - can we expect larger swings in later rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by scottgcau2 View Post
    Price changes in Fantasy look small compared to Dreamteam. Anybody familiar with the AFL comp - can we expect larger swings in later rounds?
    We really are entering new ground with NBL Fantasy. In AFL Fantasy the way you made your cash was from jumping on rookies who where playing their first game, every round there was heaps of rookies so cash was easy to make. In NBL Fantasy things are much different because there are only 11 players per team (as opposed to the 700 odd AFL players you can select) and almost everyone started playing for their team from round 1. And also in NBL we sometimes have 2 games a week as opposed to the AFL where there is just 1 game each and every week.

In theory we should see larger swings in later rounds based on form as there has to be price movements every round and with no rookies the price swings have to happen somewhere. But it's nearly impossible to predict how things are going to happen as there is nothing that is similar to compare the pricing system too. This season of NBL Fantasy is pretty unique.

Anyone making a new team so they can be eligible for the 10k?

So incredibly frustrating that you can't DPP trade. And also that players are locked into specific positions rather than just Guards, Forwards and Centers. Makes things so hard.

Due to the first two rounds having no bearing on overall and the fact that I have NFI how prices work I managed to avoid the AJ debacle.

I felt like there was to much risk of a price drop when his great rd 1 score may have had minimal bearing on price so avoided him and chose players who would be useful for rd 3 while also keeping an eye on Rd 4 where only Hawks and Bullets have doubles. AJ will of course come in then.

Current team is

Shorter
    Leslie
    Hodgson
    Ellis
    Conger

Prather

Holt
    Drmic
    Spudfries (someone on DT live came up with his very appropriate name)
    Walker
    Delany

Pretty happy that most of them should make some cash. Leslie is the worry. Obvious talent but I noticed some very bad body language and attitude last night that makes me think he and Gaze have issues. Time out with about 15 ticks left in regular time. Leslie on the bench and everyone else very involved in the time out. Leslie standing off to the side not even listening.
    Last edited by fan since the old snakepit; 14-10-2017 at 01:38 PM.

IS Dt live active this season ? Does it show both fantasy and DT scores ?
    WAXY REBORN
    DT: 167
    Fantasy: ?

2013/14 Ranking: 4th
    2014/15 Ranking: 31st
    2015/16 Ranking: 125th
    2016/17 Ranking: 33rd

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    IS Dt live active this season ? Does it show both fantasy and DT scores ?
    Yes, yes.

From the looks of it, $100k is the maximum price rise a player can get per week

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie2nation View Post
    Anyone making a new team so they can be eligible for the 10k?
    haha, maybe

Far out ....its doing my head in whether I ticked the box. I know there is SFA chance at winning but my guess is that there are less than 500 and probably closer to 300 teams with a realistic shot. That's better odds than the usual prize contests.

As far as starting a new team you will be close to $1,000,000 in cap behind those who have built their team around price rises. I really have no idea how much advantage that will be.

I currently have Prather in my team but wont be an issue as I can swap him out once the very regular, timely and accurate NBL injury reports are published.......oh wait. Probably better to give the clairvoyant hotline a call.

Trying to see prices of players is really poor on fantasy. Also I can't see a way to see past trades and team history, stuff you could do in dreamteam.
    Also, no dpp trading is a real cuck.
    WAXY REBORN

Trying to see prices of players is really poor on fantasy. Also I can't see a way to see past trades and team history, stuff you could do in dreamteam.
    Also, no dpp trading is a real cuck.
    That's FanHub for you... Really poor interface, Nowhere near as good to play as Dream Team.

Team at present looks like this.

Trice
    Leslie
    Brandt
    Walker
    Ellis

Prather

Holt
    Drmic
    Humph
    Conger
    Delany (how did I end up with him????)

Just hope Prather is good to go as I had him in my team last week and he was scoring reasonably well fantasy wise before he was injured. Don't really want to waste one of my trades this week to trade him out.

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    Far out ....its doing my head in whether I ticked the box. I know there is SFA chance at winning but my guess is that there are less than 500 and probably closer to 300 teams with a realistic shot. That's better odds than the usual prize contests.

As far as starting a new team you will be close to $1,000,000 in cap behind those who have built their team around price rises. I really have no idea how much advantage that will be.

I currently have Prather in my team but wont be an issue as I can swap him out once the very regular, timely and accurate NBL injury reports are published.......oh wait. Probably better to give the clairvoyant hotline a call.

My mum and dad have a team now. They are determined to win the 10k at all costs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie2nation View Post
    My mum and dad have a team now. They are determined to win the 10k at all costs!!!
    My 11 year old son also discovered his passion for NBL Fantasy after Round 2. He's already mentally spent the winnings on Fidget Spinners.

After Leslie's out bust last night the rankings show I am in 31st spot. Expect that many will have Ware Cotton Prather Trice etc captain choices to come today though. Ellis captain won't cut it this week

Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    After Leslie's out bust last night the rankings show I am in 31st spot. Expect that many will have Ware Cotton Prather Trice etc captain choices to come today though. Ellis captain won't cut it this week

Im ranked 6th thanks to Boone captain!

Assuming Childress comes in as a PF Or a SF/PF, my round 5 team could be:

Sosa 2/Smith 2
    Leslie 2/Newbill 2
    Conger 2/Buford 1
    Ellis 2/Delany 1
    Egwu 2/Brandt 1
    Chill 2 as 6th.

I prefer him to be available at PF because options there aren't as deep as SF where there are 5-7 really good options.
    This also assumes no price rises over 100k

Came 4th in the gameday 'weekly' comp. Nailed Boone as cap and Newbill as VC on final day sunday but Ware, Andersen and Cotton were all bad picks by me and I missed out by 50 points.
    WAXY REBORN

Quote Originally Posted by mammes View Post
    Im ranked 6th thanks to Boone captain!
    I noticed that. i was checking out teams up front and noticed s familiar name. Was hoping that the leaders just arsed their way and would drop off. Well done. Great start and your team 8 not well set up with some good cap money.

Assuming Childress comes in as a PF Or a SF/PF, my round 5 team could be:

Sosa 2/Smith 2
    Leslie 2/Newbill 2
    Conger 2/Buford 1
    Ellis 2/Delany 1
    Egwu 2/Brandt 1
    Chill 2 as 6th.

I prefer him to be available at PF because options there aren't as deep as SF where there are 5-7 really good options.
    This also assumes no price rises over 100k

Came 4th in the gameday 'weekly' comp. Nailed Boone as cap and Newbill as VC on final day sunday but Ware, Andersen and Cotton were all bad picks by me and I missed out by 50 points.

What is your team name Ingles (and rank). I will be moving heaven and earth to get Boone in for round 5 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by gpfc View Post
    What is your team name Ingles (and rank). I will be moving heaven and earth to get Boone in for round 5 and 6.
    Waxy reborn 885. Yes Boone will be a near must but I may just ride against him
    WAXY REBORN

Not a particularly good start for the Hayzoos. Currently 756th. For some perspective, my 11 year old son, who has a very, very minimal understanding of the league, is ranked in the 600's, so i'm not even the best player in the household at the minute.

Much more fruitful in DT, going from 159th to 55th.

All us great amateurs apart from Mammes are struggling in the new pro league.

I am doing OK at 231. The trading restrictions are still doin' my head in. You can't trade out a SG then sub your PG/SG player who is currently filling a PG spot into the SG so you can then bring in a PG for example. Fkn stupid.