Thread: Sydney Kings 2018/19 Thread.

Back Again? We'll see. Southern Joe's Avatar

Sydm Sydney Kings 2018/19 Thread.

Who to keep?

Who to let go?

I'd like most of the squad kept & built on.

My youngest wants us to sign Majok Majok.
    See what happens.

Good luck Derek.

InkSpot Preston Market

First out the door should be Gaze, hopefully with JvG right behind him

Randle has to be number one priority. Find a solid American big and then that team could stay the same and be set.

Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe

Lightbulb

My picks for 2018/19:

Starters

PG: Jerome Randle*
    SG: Kevin Lisch** (C)
    SF: Todd Blanchfield
    PF: Perry Ellis*
    C: Matt Hodgson

Bench

PG: Jason Cadee
    SG: Tony Tolovae
    G/F: Third Import*
    SF: Brad Newley
    PF: Dane Pineau
    C: Isaac Humphries

Development players

G: Sam Daly
    F: Christian Jurlina
    C: Darcy Malone

Heach Coach

Gordie McLeod

Assistant coaches

Lanard Copeland*
    Ben Knight
    Last edited by 2sc945; 16-02-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    OMFG this is for Real!!!! * Shocked *

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA

Hello Bogues!

Well then, I guess this signing helps take care of the big man problems of the past? haha
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Bogut coming back to play in the NBL is absolutely massive not just for the Kings but for basketball right around Australia.

This is the turbo boost the league has been looking for for a very long time.

To think basketball is big news during the footy season says everything about how big a deal this is for the game.

I was already looking forward to the new season but now I'm officially pumped.

Bogut and Kickert 2 phenomenal signings. Need to make the imports count.
    Couple of uninspiring names being tossed up but thats standard Kings these days.

Randall
    Lisch
    Newley/Blanchfield
    Kickert
    Bogut

That is a solid starting 5. If only Isaac Humphries stuck around to learn of Bogut for a year.
    Troll Alert.

Smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by s**tkicker View Post
    That is a solid starting 5. If only Isaac Humphries stuck around to learn of Bogut for a year.
    I kind of wonder if he's kicking himself now.
    "I think it's time to discuss your uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour"

I wonder what his FMP deal was? Just the rest of this season? Probably a bit messy to come back, but it could be worth it to learn from Bogues... Underperformed last season due to a combination of too high expectations, too much early pressure, no coach to develop his skills properly and what seemed like that killer instinct to just go out and work hard, like we saw in Pineau, until late in the season, when he needed to up his game to get a gig OS, perhaps?

Would tick that "local boy" box though, if he came back with a tougher attitude...
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

David Wear is a pretty decent signing if im honest.
    With Bogut in the paint for probably 3/4 of the game we need shooters and we have them in spades now.
    Kickert and Wear means there is no let up from 3.
    Lisch and Randall are lights out, Adnam and Hughes can shoot.
    Newley and Pineau are handy as well.

Need a decent swing 3 now, or a back up centre. Either or, im not fussed.
    Troll Alert.

David Wear is a pretty decent signing if im honest.
    With Bogut in the paint for probably 3/4 of the game we need shooters and we have them in spades now.
    Kickert and Wear means there is no let up from 3.
    Lisch and Randall are lights out, Adnam and Hughes can shoot.
    Newley and Pineau are handy as well.

Need a decent swing 3 now, or a back up centre. Either or, im not fussed.
    It's hard to predict exactly what the Kings will do, especially with a discount back up position (they're on the record I think as saying it will be a low cost role) but I think they need to shore up the talent at the 3... With Cadee leaving, it's not really locked in to be able to runt hat 3 guard line up if Newls is resting and I know some people have suggested that Deng can back up the 3, but until we see that, it still looks a bit light on... Pineau has been pushed back in the lineup I think, so the bigs are more taken care of with Deng, Wear, Kicks and Bogues... If injuries happen, that's a very different story, but I think they're in an ok place if Bogues has to limit minutes a bit or misses a couple of games...

Adnam and Wilson will have to show some serious talent in the pre-season to show that they can compete for that back up guard spot, even though it would really only be limited minutes, as it still looks like the guard depth is still a problem and that Gaze will no doubt run Randle and Lisch into the ground and average the most MPG this season... Having Lisch and Randle as your starting guards doesn't sound like a huge problem to have, but knowing how Gaze will overplay them doesn't bode well for the long term...
    Tool Herder: Special Projects Team Lead / Mayor of Twatland / Herder of Tools
    The Kings are dead... LONG LIVE THE KINGS!

Will Kendall Stephens fill the final spot for the Kings?
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Randall is gone, won't be coming back.
    Wear will be let go from his contract.

Anyone know what happened between the Kings and Beveridge? Last I heard he was locked on now it looks like an international Coach is coming on board.
    Troll Alert.

Default Old time members.

Boo to all, first login since 2010. Hope the old school members are good.

Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CoT View Post
    Boo to all, first login since 2010. Hope the old school members are good.
    Hi hi ^_^
    OMFG this is for Real!!!! * Shocked *

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA