Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: NBL Dream Team 2018/19

Yer Hondo's massive cap is looking hard to beat. This is not the week to make ground on him, although next week could be the one.

Best bet for the guys in the top 10 is to get lucky and pick the right 6ers or a Gliddon/Hodgson type and hope Hondo's captain has a poor week. Conger, Moore, Wiley and Drmic have the potential to score as much as Sobey or DJ on the double but come with a much higher risk factor - one that Hondo probably doesn't need to afford.

Only 5 teams in the top 100 (probably comp also) with a cap of $1.5m+ , including my second team all the way down in 70th.... So not only is Hondo doing a great job with the cap but has nailed the weekly captains and starters to be at the top!

This week looks to be a week where you can save a trade or 2. Patterson at 195k has probably nearly peaked, so if you haven't already got him, it makes sense to wait and go Kay to Patterson next week. There are a few underpriced options that have strong runs home here, most of the experienced coaches can name them. Newbill, Randle, Gliddon, heck even Trimble may or may not be flying under the radar here. Boone looking to be on target at about 120k for the final 4 rounds lol

Good luck and enjoy the second half of the season
    13/14: 4th
    14/15: 31st
    15/16: 125th
    16/17: 33rd
    17/18: 8th Fantasy: 45th
    18/19: 21st Fantasy: 183rd

After writing that up, I just went over and did a double trade lol. So greedy of me, haven't saved a single trade so far

Quote Originally Posted by Ingles13 View Post
    After writing that up, I just went over and did a double trade lol. So greedy of me, haven't saved a single trade so far
    I am just doing the one trade which will make for 3 saved so far. Looking at the schedule at the end we may be able to set and forget for multiple weeks I expect spare trades won't help a whole heap. As you say Boone looks like dropping to import starting price just when we need him.

I think prepping for next week makes sense if you can do because it is an awkward BRI/ADE only double. I expect most of us haven't had ADE/BRI players on our radars recently bar Patterson.

Personally my plan is to load this round and go lighter next round. I think in hindsight I have overloaded this round and not enough for next but you can't nail every week.
    Last edited by Hondo; 20-12-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Crazy the comp currently has 3 guys over 200k+ (Bogut 221k, Kay 221k, Patterson 215k), AND that could be a 4th next week if Long hits his average. First time there's been so many guys over 200k for as long as I can remember

Is this weeks breakeven spreadsheet correct? Seems Sydney has the double but the pink interchangeable score column only covers what looks like it being a single?
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    Is this weeks breakeven spreadsheet correct? Seems Sydney has the double but the pink interchangeable score column only covers what looks like it being a single?
    You're right. I had a shocker this week. It SHOULD all be correct now.

https://twitter.com/NBLSportsdeckBE/...21776628846592
    "Full Court Press" in NBL Dreamteam | "Kickert To Me" in NBL Fantasy

Thanks again miracle.touch for all your work in providing a spreadsheet for everyone.

Agree. Just putting it together...a lot of work, and everyone appreciates you doing it! Wouldnt be worth playing without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost In The Sky View Post
    Thanks again miracle.touch for all your work in providing a spreadsheet for everyone.
    Agree. Just putting it together...a lot of work, and everyone appreciates you doing it! Wouldnt be worth playing without it.
    Thanks guys, appreciate it.
    "Full Court Press" in NBL Dreamteam | "Kickert To Me" in NBL Fantasy

Must admit, it's been a real struggle this season to stay motivated in both competitions. Been well and truly out of contention in both comps since Round 4. Ranking is fluctuating between 110 to 150, so no chance of doing any serious damage. Normally i'm calculating breakevens & looking several rounds ahead to plan trades, now it's just a cursory glance on a Thursday night and banging through some trades 5 minutes before lockout. Safe to say my existence in Ozhoops League 1 will only be a one year thing. Back to League 2 in 19/20.

Gliddon with the minus 8 last night was pretty groovey! haha Seems a few of the top 10 had him.

Devon Hall an interesting one. Been developing some consistency recently and could be a wildcard given his potential to score big depending if his shot is on or off. Cairns' run of doubles making him even more intriguing.

Gliddon with the minus 8 last night was pretty groovey! haha Seems a few of the top 10 had him.

Devon Hall an interesting one. Been developing some consistency recently and could be a wildcard given his potential to score big depending if his shot is on or off. Cairns' run of doubles making him even more intriguing.
    Argh he has been awful the last 3 games hasn't he. I held onto him this week AND started him.... just to save trades. These were my first 2 saved trades of the season. I could have easily done a sideways trade to Lisch, Randle or Newbill as they all have similar runs home but more games than Brisbane. And all 4 of them are cheap compared to their previous form.

Luckily (sorta) grabbed Hall a few weeks back as a nice bench piece who at worse case will be pounding out 15-20's on consistent doubles on my bench. best case scenario he becomes a legit starter and a small POD. Although many have also jumped on the wagon seeing his selections rise massively over the last 3 weeks.

Blanchfield has been pretty shit recently ay?

I've been caught out the last 2 rounds without Sobey R11 and then Long last round. 150 points lost there and that is what I am behind the top 2. I think my team is better than theirs on paper however they have been using their available cap better to get the right players on court the last 2 rounds. I've been playing catch up on Sobey, DJ and Long when I was had been that one step ahead. I think my overall chances are shot but still clinging on in 4th and we will see how we go. My cap advantage is now mostly negated. I have saved a few trades so far but I expect the top 3 have as well. Not all over but would need everything to go right from here. I still have some POD players but not enough to claw back 150 points.

I did look quickly at Long last round but after 22 v Adelaide last time I felt Sobey was the priority and that Long at $196K would not be worth it. Wow, 148 points over 2 games later ... Even Wesley had a huge double.

Still clinging to 5th here, though 200K behind most above me. Seems not looking at BEs all year and playing the doubles game has hurt me a little, though I'm not far behind most rounds.

Not sure how anyone brought in Wes & Long together. I already had DJ so wasn't an option for me.

yeah caps now are huge, and money isn't gonna be a big of an issue from here on in. Having a skim through the top 20, looks like noone grabbed both Long + Wesley this round from that range. Looks like a lot of people started Patterson + Long at the F spots.

38th, and like many, I expect to sideways trade Patterson to Long for the run home. That will lock down both Long and Wesley at the F spots for rounds 14-18. Also need to rid myself of Jervis next week so I can slide DJ to start at centre for a week. Might consider dumping Jervis to the bargain basement Corey Webster who can sit on my bench and chuck all he wants for the final 10 games.

A lot of cheap guards for the run home. Sobey is obviously the premo, and Cotton to a lesser extent due to form, injuries and a weaker schedule, but the main guys from Sydney, Cairns and even Melbourne (minus Casper) are well below their price range. Blanchfield another who has plummeted right before his 4 in 5 schedule (although his form has been dogshit - maybe fatigue? Isn't getting very open in games anymore). Jett another nice little POD for the guys up top to consider. Even Richard is well below his average price and has a great schedule and DPP for the run home.

Good luck lads.

Quote Originally Posted by SB.1 View Post
    Still clinging to 5th here, though 200K behind most above me. Seems not looking at BEs all year and playing the doubles game has hurt me a little, though I'm not far behind most rounds.

Not sure how anyone brought in Wes & Long together. I already had DJ so wasn't an option for me.
    I was a click of the mouse away from bringing in Wesley for DJ. My other trade on the block was Blanchfield out for Jawai. I decided to stick with one trade to save one. Could have really put a foot on the throat. Game of inches!! haha

SB.1, I'm not sure how you can play this game without using breakevens. Its almost a must to build your cap at a decent and efficient rate.

lol I cbf with spreadsheets otherwise I end up spending all day on it adding all sorts of extra columns to my own version. I tend to revert to the doubles game because I had lots of success with it back in my first season (2010/11 I think).

I keep a loose eye on $ per point but that's about it.

Hey I'm still 5th!

I'm in a similar boat, I haven't really concentrated on BE as much this year, more just watching games and seeing who passes the eye test. Use that to then make decisions on who stays and who goes.

I got Blanchfield in this week - he was expected I imagine to drop a heap, but given his price and match ups this week I thought he was a great option. I'm happy with my title defence this season, back into 10th. Good luck to the first few who are fighting it out. I think Bailey might be too hard to catch from here!

1st place is a further 60 points ahead of everyone now thanks to POD Conger. I think when it's your year it's your year. He/she still carrying Webster but it's proving irrelevant, it's been a huge game winning (IMO) 3 week stretch for him/her.

Dropped to 8th. I think first time out of the Top 5 this season. See what I can come up with to hopefully stay Top 10

up to 28th, will keep pushing and at best another top 10 finish. Massive win for the team in first with all of Conger, Jawai and trimble last week and extremelly well setup for the coming weeks, cant see them being beaten either.

No trades this week (first time this year), starting 5 as good as it gets this week given form imo.

Long
    Wesley
    Jawaii
    Sobey
    Trimble

Loughton
    Wear
    Bogut
    Randle
    Newbill

Will be interesting to see if anyone trades out bogut this week, both kay and cotton arent as appealing for their dbls as youd have thought planning earlier in the year. Next week becomes interesting with Lamar on a dbl run, not sure if ill be able to get him.
    36ers member
    NBL DT: RADelaide rippers
    52nd 2013/14 NBL DT
    10th 2014/15 NBL DT
    3rd 2015/16 NBL DT
    25th 2016/17 NBL DT
    195th 2017/18 NBL DT
    45th 2018/19 NBL DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    1st place is a further 60 points ahead of everyone now thanks to POD Conger. I think when it's your year it's your year. He/she still carrying Webster but it's proving irrelevant, it's been a huge game winning (IMO) 3 week stretch for him/her.
    Yep, Conger that x factor. Most went DJ, Bailey went Conger and it paid off. Thing is I don't think they have carried Webster all year. Downgraded recently to grab Long I believe. Which Webster in itself is another x factor. NZ with all doubles to go and if he does go off....

Wonder how many will downgrade DJ to Conger this week?

But once again, never know how much money teams have in their bank and how many trades they have saved. And with so many options for the closing rounds, still anyone's game.

Yep, Conger that x factor. Most went DJ, Bailey went Conger and it paid off. Thing is I don't think they have carried Webster all year. Downgraded recently to grab Long I believe. Which Webster in itself is another x factor. NZ with all doubles to go and if he does go off....
    Bailey has really owned the last 3 rounds. Every post has been a winner.

Sometimes its the moves you don't/cant make that can give you an edge. Id put money on no one willingly starting Conger over DJ, especially after Congers 0 the previous week. Went with the cheaper option and it hit gold! But yeah, so many starting options in the run home meaning weekly scores can still fluctuate a fair bit. At least 4 teams in the top 10 still in with a very good chance Id say.

Sometimes its the moves you don't/cant make that can give you an edge. Id put money on no one willingly starting Conger over DJ, especially after Congers 0 the previous week. Went with the cheaper option and it hit gold! But yeah, so many starting options in the run home meaning weekly scores can still fluctuate a fair bit. At least 4 teams in the top 10 still in with a very good chance Id say.
    Yes I saw Conger as a weakness in his team. He would have brought him in around R10 or soon after he started like many did or at least thought of. Since then he's been largely hopeless fantasy wise. 118 points later compared to DJ 40 and bang you extend your lead by 60 points. I will say this, I reckon DJ is the most frustrating premium player in the game and I just can't seem to get on him at the right times and in turn seem to have him at the wrong times.

So backing against DJ is always a decent punt I reckon because he ends up in so many teams but never really goes huge. He hardly ever goes totally terrible either. He relies on his shot so much whereas Long/Kay/Jawai types stuff the stats sheets in more ways.