Thread: Nutrition advice needed

Default Nutrition advice needed

Want to pick your brains....if you have one game on, one off then back on... How would you refuel your team? Got this coming up and am struggling to balance having to eat straight away with having it absorbed by the time we play again. Have any of you got ideas about that?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachGirl View Post
    Want to pick your brains....if you have one game on, one off then back on... How would you refuel your team? Got this coming up and am struggling to balance having to eat straight away with having it absorbed by the time we play again. Have any of you got ideas about that?
    Depends on the length of the games which obviously determines the amount of time you have off. Lets just say you have an hour..

At least a litre of water mixed with some sort of sport drink is essential.
    A mix of simple carbohydrates and small amounts of complex carbohydrates are probably what your looking for in regards to 'refuelling' your team, a stock standard google search will elaborate what these are.

I would probably instruct my team to ingest the following if i had a 1 hour break between games;
    -1 to 2 bananas (complex carb.)
    -Nuts to snack on (complex carb.), perhaps a handful (doesn't necessarily have to eat them all)
    -Peanut butter and jam sandwich (simple carb.) on white bread (complex carb.)

Not only are these simple and easy to access, they should provide athletes with the feeling of being 'full/satisfied' with the ingestion of simple carbohydrates providing a relatively speedy 'pick me up' and the banana(s) and nuts to snack on should provide enough sustenance for the duration of the one game.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Shin

Agree with all of the above. My team would be doing the eating during/straight after cool down from the 1st game

Thanks guys, that was where I was going too, hopefully we will be as refreshed as we can be. Have about 90 mins between games......not sure why, but we wont to be as prepared as we can.