Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2014/2015

Default Nba 2014/2015

I'm thinking we need an NBA thread for this season.

As mentioned elsewhere, Ingles will be on the 15 man Jazz roster for opening night. It sounded like he would have stuck with the Clippers if they didn't have an injury. Getting on a roster for the season sounds feasible.

Broken leg for Randle today. Nash out indefinitely. Even non Lakers fans don't want to see the Lakers suck this much.

Can we just forget Nash. Give the dude the cash he wants and sayonara. Never loved the signing and worst bust in history

Quote Originally Posted by Wallitron View Post
    I'm thinking we need an NBA thread for this season.

As mentioned elsewhere, Ingles will be on the 15 man Jazz roster for opening night. It sounded like he would have stuck with the Clippers if they didn't have an injury. Getting on a roster for the season sounds feasible.
    Good for Ingles to land on an NBA very quickly after the Clippers cut

Even non Lakers fans don't want to see the Lakers suck this much.
    You're certainly forgetting at least one person on this board who certainly does, out of the legion of despisers worldwide. Isn't this going to be great?! Looks as though they will approach that much-hoped for 9-73 Philadelphia 76ERS record from 1972-73 based on all the injuries in the last several days including last night. I mean, forget this Philadelphia incarnation starting this season; they may have a serious rival for it.

Nash should NEVER went to the Now Deservedly Crumbling Evil Laker Empire. Miami or San Antonio would've been better for him, to name a couple places. Shame what happened to Julius Randle. Have that broken leg happen to him and carried off in a stretcher on your first official NBA pro game, it's terrible. I immediately thought of Paul George to an extent.
    Jusqui'ici tout va bien...

Quote Originally Posted by Durbansandshark View Post
    Good for Ingles to land on an NBA very quickly after the Clippers cut

You're certainly forgetting at least one person on this board who certainly does, out of the legion of despisers worldwide. Isn't this going to be great?! Looks as though they will approach that much-hoped for 9-73 Philadelphia 76ERS record from 1972-73 based on all the injuries in the last several days including last night. I mean, forget this Philadelphia incarnation starting this season; they may have a serious rival for it.

Nash should NEVER went to the Now Deservedly Crumbling Evil Laker Empire. Miami or San Antonio would've been better for him, to name a couple places. Shame what happened to Julius Randle. Have that broken leg happen to him and carried off in a stretcher on your first official NBA pro game, it's terrible. I immediately thought of Paul George to an extent.
    Another season and you're still a massive douche

Gee whiz, the Bulls look amazing, their bench is so strong.

I thought it would be all Cavs this year but the Bulls making me think again.

Broken leg for Randle today. Nash out indefinitely. Even non Lakers fans don't want to see the Lakers suck this much.
    I do

Though we still are terrible I am loving what I am seeing out of Vucevic in the first two games of the season for Magic. Going to be interesting how we go when Oladipo comes in and plays alongside Payton.

Westbrook gone down injured today against the Clips too... bad bad news for OKC

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop View Post
    I thought it would be all Cavs this year
    Not if they keep playing like they did tonight!

8 turnovers by LeBron is a bit of a stinker for him, interesting thought though is will Irving and LBJ get along given Kyrie is the PG and LeBron does like to run the point himself?

And then you have poor Delly playing at the 2 at times. I still say he's one of the best pick and roll players in the league, and he's reduced to a spot up shooter. He shot the 3 ball really well today. In fact, he was probably open a few other times and should have got off a few more open ones. I expect him to shoot a high percentage this year, you can bet he's putting up a lot in practice.

Got some love from Reggie in the call. The fact he's locked down a rotation spot on one of the best teams in the NBA in his second season speaks volumes to his work ethic.

Westbrook's going to be out 6-8 weeks with that right hand injury. Now let's see if Scott Brooks can truly coach. I think he will.

Chicago has to be seriously considered as a true Eastern contender because of their defense that Tom Thibedeau mandates out of players.

Speaking of defense, it's precisely that along with the lack of playoff experience from two of the top key players in Kyrie and Kevin--and the fact David Blatt is still learning the NBA nuances in coaching--why I can't see the Cavs making it to the NBA Finals out East. Unless they show us some strong improvements as they go along during the still-very early season.

And then you have poor Delly playing at the 2 at times. I still say he's one of the best pick and roll players in the league, and he's reduced to a spot up shooter. He shot the 3 ball really well today. In fact, he was probably open a few other times and should have got off a few more open ones. I expect him to shoot a high percentage this year, you can bet he's putting up a lot in practice.

Got some love from Reggie in the call. The fact he's locked down a rotation spot on one of the best teams in the NBA in his second season speaks volumes to his work ethic.
    Yeah Delly is one of those players that does the "little" things that coaches love. Looks like he is the closing 2 guard as he played much of the 4th quarter and overtime vs Chicago too. But agree that playing him off the ball doesn't really play to his strengths as much, but you can't really put him ahead of Irving and LeBron as far as initiating plays.

Mark Jackson seemed to be querying the rotation pretty hard in the call, asking why Waiters wouldn't be preferred.

Gee whiz, tough opening schedule for the Lake Show! 4 in 5 nights against some of the West's better teams in HOU, PHX, LAC & now GSW.

I seem to find myself cheering for the Lakers so far this season. Maybe it's because I feel sorry for Kobe, or hope that they win just enough so that he remains relevant? Love him or hate him, he makes the league more interesting to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop View Post

Mark Jackson seemed to be querying the rotation pretty hard in the call, asking why Waiters wouldn't be preferred.
    Delly was getting scored on by all the point guards all game. Rose, then Brooks, and then Hinrich at the end. Despite all this, he ends up with the best +/- for the second game in a row at +15 (Waiters was at 0).

It will be really interesting to see if Blatt sticks with him, because you know that Waiters is thinking exactly what Jackson said.

HBO here premieres a documentary on Kevin Durant tonight called The Offseason, obviously on his 2014 time away from the NBA between seasons as reigning MVP mostly involving his intense workouts:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ailer-and-more
    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/eye-...his-hunger-nba

And in the games today

New Orleans have beaten the Hornets

Yes, you can thank Michael Jordan for being able to orchestrate such a result

Default Aussies in the NBA ove the past week

A nice recap over the past week for the Aussies in action.

http://pickandroll.com.au/aussies-in...-golden-state/
    http://pickandroll.com.au/
    Everything NBA | All About Basketball
    Twitter: @DamianArsenis

70 more games of this. Even the 76ERS' radio play-by-play man is already getting dispirited over the Sixers not getting their first win after the end of the game with Boston. Eeesch. Like I said, be patient Philly fans. We all know they're going to suck now.

Sixers win!
    http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/14120...erwolves-recap
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...he_season.html
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...t_victory.html

You know it symbolize bad when both Minnesota and Philadelphia start the game facing at the wrong ends for the first 16 seconds. Turnovers were a problem too for both. Philadelphia avoids the 1988-89 Miami Heat, an expansion team that season so it had an excuse, and end their 23-game losing streak on Western teams. Now the young Minnesota Timberwolves are the worst team in the West. Not right!

And KD and Russell Westbrook are both back in OKC! Problem is, the West is so stacked and deep that it would be rather difficult with the Oklahoma City Thunder's record at 5-13 for Oklahoma City to overcome with several teams including even Sacramento, Denver, and New Orleans ahead of them there for the looming playoff chase.
    Last edited by Durbansandshark; 06-12-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Oklahoma City rising in the West but KD's hurt at least for a short while, so I underestimated how things are a bit.

GSW's amazing winning streak is over thanks to Memphis. With their "grit and grind", this is to be expected. Great start for new coach Steve Kerr that equals and surpasses that of Al Cervi's from the Syracuse Nationals (now the Philadelphia 76ERS). Must be seen as a championship contender out West. But with winning streaks like that in the time they occur, you worry about a later letdown.

Rondo going to Dallas is bound to make the Mavs that much deeper. Does Rajon Rondo really wanted to be part of a rebuilding project that will take 2-4 years of his prime in Boston? No.

We have one coaching casualty in the NBA with Sacramento giving Mike Malone getting the pink slip last week. This despite possibly getting better in Pacific with DeMarcus Cousins maturing and Rudy Gay getting a 3-year extension before swooning (and still ahead of the NDCELE). Apparently, Malone was unwilling to implement some of the unorthodox methods suggested by Kings owner Vivek Ranadive, who "expected more" and formerly coached his daughter Anjali's youth basketball team using those some of those things despite having little knowledge of the sport (and was successful). You may remember seeing the Cal-Berkely-educated Anjali representing her dad and the Sacramento Kings at the NBA Draft Lottery this summer. She's a recording artist. Former Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin is the current head coach and is experienced.

BREAKING NEWS: Josh Smith got waived today from Detroit
    Last edited by Durbansandshark; 23-12-2014 at 05:07 AM.

It really has been a fascinating season to this point. Every week brings a new headline.

Is there a precedent for the Josh Smith thing? I wonder if he'll end up on a contender and finally get it. Sounds possible at this stage, with Houston, Memphis, Clips and Mavs reportedly interested. Miami and Sacto also circling.

I don't really see a fit with Memphis or Houston, what spot would he play? Clips he'd have to play three, and he's struggled right? Dallas could be scary if he's willing to play behind Parsons, or Dirk, but again these guys are shooters.

It's a bit of a risk though, if SVG pays you to go away, things must be bad. Largest salary to ever be waived I have read.

What's David Blatt to do 30 games into his rookie season as an NBA coach with the Cavs? Sure he's a very respected coach who knows the EuroLeague and international team play. But the NBA, despite coaching some NBA players, is whole different beast altogether with the nuances and a superstar to cope with. The team wins some games but then goes off on a losing streak, upsetting fans. If LeBron hadn't decided to return, the hope and expectations would not be as huge. To be fair to David Blatt, he knew King James was a possibility but was preparing as a coach without him on board with Kyrie as the focus and play more defense. Blatt is the X-factor with the Cavs and is one of the reasons why I was reluctant to hand the NBA trophy to Cleveland or even pick them out of the East.

Cleveland needs much time to get together. At least a season. In the insular NBA world, for all its longstanding global aspirations, if you're Phil Jax, Pop, and Doc on the sidelines, you're granted instant and unconditional respect from all the players on the roster. Blatt is still very much learning and proving himself as an NBA coach--and it's probrably why someone like Italian Ettore Messina, another well-respected formerly Euro-based coach went the assistant route at San Antonio with the quality of enviroment he's in instead of jumping in as a head coach. There are NBA aspects, compromises with his players, and nuances he must adjust to as he goes as well as learning.

PS: LeBron hits 30 today. Happy Birthday to him!
    Last edited by Durbansandshark; 31-12-2014 at 11:59 AM.