Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nba 2014/2015

Rockets stave off elimination. Looking to make an even bigger statement than the 1-3 comeback against LAC?
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    Ive noticed since his major injuries, Bogut's stat lines have gone to shit more often than not.
    I think this is the main stat line his team is interested in, which is anything but shit: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

I was expecting a little more anger about the rubbish that is being said about Delly from some of the clowns in the US media.

I am just astounded at some of it.

You go Delly, keep it up.

Yeah its so stupid. The very idea they're saying its a pattern is absurd as all three incidents are very different.

The Taj Gibson incident was a chippy kind of niggle thing between two guys who were doing a lot of push and shove. Same kind of thing happens every game, although normally just arm locking rather than with the legs. The tech was warranted, but nothing more (I also think Gibson was stiff to be ejected).

The Korver incident was just a guy going for the ball. The suggestion has been he went for the legs which is absurd. He's clearly going for the ball. Its perhaps a little reckless, but nothing worse and so far from malicious its laughable.

The Horford incident was all caused by Horford and Delly falling on Carroll. I still have no idea how he was given a tech.

Yeah I think the incidents were just blown out of proportion by the ref's ejecting Gibson and Horford. Don't think either should have been. Dwight's smack to the face of Bogut was probably worse than both and he stayed in.

Darko's making a basketball comeback with KK Metalac Valjevo:
    http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nb...ball/27999013/
    Jusqui'ici tout va bien...

So again Bogut grabs 14 rebounds which is great, but 0 points, while Dwight goes for 18p, 16r, 4 blocks. How is he going from anyone who watches? Have the injuries just taken its toll? I mean he was a level above Longley to start, but now Longley's stats look pretty good compared to Bogut

Thibs OUT. Would've been worse if drawn out even longer. Would be small-minded of Gar and Paxson in Chicago to wait until Denver, New Orleans, and Orlando coaching vacancies filled up and then fire him. Still have to pay him rest of his contract anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
    So again Bogut grabs 14 rebounds which is great, but 0 points, while Dwight goes for 18p, 16r, 4 blocks. How is he going from anyone who watches? Have the injuries just taken its toll? I mean he was a level above Longley to start, but now Longley's stats look pretty good compared to Bogut
    He actually played really well. He had 8 rebounds in the first 6 minutes but then got in foul trouble. Then Festus Ezeli came on and played REALLY well so ended up going with him a lot more.

Bogut got those 14 rebounds in limited minutes while playing good D and had some nice passes at the other end. He's doing exactly what his team needs.

Having said that, as you've eluded to, it is kind of funny that he has settled in to being a great role player, given the comments he made when he entered the league.
    Last edited by Cram; 29-05-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durbansandshark View Post
    Thibs OUT. Would've been worse if drawn out even longer. Would be small-minded of Gar and Paxson in Chicago to wait until Denver, New Orleans, and Orlando coaching vacancies filled up and then fire him. Still have to pay him rest of his contract anyway.
    Zero chance I know, but I'd love to see the rockets pick him up!

You just know this is being referenced up to this point by now with the NBA Finals underway...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRM2YcGpmxg

Game 3 is going to be massive. Hoping for a Cavs win to really elevate this series to a whole new level!

Instant classic. I think these kids in the AIS, and the folks coming out of St Mary's might be seeing more scouting in the future.

An extra day off would have helped here, reports are saying Delly needed a drip.

Delly is a hero right now, becoming the internets darling.

he's going to get a decent pay rise next year
    Last edited by Sachmo; 10-06-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Those memes are GOAT

Especially the splashing one I hadn't seen before

Be so awesome for Delly to be the starting PG on a 'Ship team.

How good have his floaters been?

They are such hard shots to judge when you're on the move.
    Last edited by Alex_Traitor; 10-06-2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Traitor View Post
    Especially the splashing one I hadn't seen before
    I don't get that one.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    I don't get that one.
    Curry and teammate Klay Thompson are collectively known as the splash brothers because of the by far record numbers of threes the duo hit.

Good time to be lifelong Cavs fans, Sach

Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    Curry and teammate Klay Thompson are collectively known as the splash brothers because of the by far record numbers of threes the duo hit.
    Cool, thanks.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    Good time to be lifelong Cavs fans, Sach
    You already got more wins in the NBA Finals this year in your franchise's history than back in 2007 when you should've faced Phoenix.

Delly was downing a couple bottles of Gatorade to refuel his tank for tonight along with the IVs.

Moments away from Game 6 in the final home game for the Cavs, when it could be the end of the season.

Lots of debate abounds on if the Warriors, who I pick to win this NBA Finals in 6, win tonight whether LeBron wins the Finals MVP with his incredible performance being on the losing side with a depleted and not-as-talented roster makeup. No Warriors have truly been stellar in this. I wouldn't mind James winning this but he might need a Game 7 to cement this. That said, it would come across as a bad look when it could take away the Warriors' winning moment, assuming if he comes up the stage at center court, shakes Bill Russell's hand, and accepts the Bill Russell NBA Finals trophy. Think Messi when he came to pick up the Golden Boot after he and Argentina lost to Germany in Rio De Janeiro last summer in the world Cup. Look how uncomfortable immediately after the loss.

There are those who prefer to keep it on the winning side. If the Warriors win, it's got to be Igoudala or Curry, who needs to keep doing what he's doing to claim it.

Can't really blame David Blatt for his 7-man rotation and reacting to Kerr's smallball plan that got them quicker. Blatt's Cavs can't really match up well against this. Besides, they're too fatigued even when employing a junkyard mentality it had to use following Irving's injury in Game 1--and had to start cult hero Dellevadova since the Cavs lack a third PG option that many teams have in the playoffs. Like to see Marion and Perkins get a good spot minutes duty to give the likes of James a needed rest, but I won't count on it.

Mozgov's gonna start tonight.

Congrats to the Golden St.Warriors in winning the 2014-15 NBA title last night in Cleveland for its first NBA title since 1975 and second in the San Francisco Bay Area! They were without a doubt the best team this season from the start and onto the finish, facing little adversity in the regular season and playoffs and were oh so dominant at their Oakland Coliseum Arena/Oracle Arena home. Good luck came through with no significant injuries or trades (almost happened to Klay Thompson) and never lost no more than two losses in a row. Plus they and their little bro club from Santa Cruz achieved the NBA-NBDL title double

Congrats to Andre Iguodala on his Bill Russell NBA Finals MVP award. Amazing he got the nod to start from Steve Kerr after largely not starting at all this season.

Congrats to head coach Steve Kerr for an incredible rookie season roaming the sidelines and becoming the first rookie NBA head coach to win the NBA Finals since Pat Riley in 1982. Know that it's party time now in the Bay Area.

Since this is an Australian basketball post, I gotta send my congrats to Melbourne's own Andrew Bogut who now joins Luc Longley, Andrew Gaze, Patty Mills, and Aron Baynes in that Aussie NBA Champions Club! With Matthew Dellavedova at the other side for Cleveland, we were assured of a new Aussie earning a ring. But my money was on Bogut because of his talent and pedigree, not just the all-around talented team he was on.

Are they among the best NBA teams ever? Certainly the best team in the franchise's history dating back to its days in Philadelphia when Eddie Gottlieb ran the team and won a couple titles there before moving in the 1960s. I'd say top 5-10 with its 67 wins. Came along way when owner Joe Lacob got harshly booed while speaking during Chris Mullin's jersey retirement ceremony immediately after trading away Monta Ellis to Milwaukee, and Chris had to save him reminding Warriors fans to be patient and a winner will come out of the Bay Area.

Keep your head, Cleveland. You'll eventually get your much-deserved, long awaited major sports league title from the Cavaliers for the first time in over 50 years. In the mainstream sports realm, people tend to conveniently ignore the Cleveland Crunch's 1994 NPSL indoor soccer championship over the St. Louis Ambush to give the city its pro sports title since the Cleveland Browns won the NFL Championship (this was the pre-Super Bowl era) and later won in 1996 and 1999. But indoor soccer is a niche sport and not mainstream to US/Canadian fans, so it doesn't count.

Great win by the Warriors. Clearly the best team all season. MVP, All NBA-3rd Teamer, 2 of the best 6 defensive players, one of the best 6th men and so much depth.

In the end Le Bron just needed more help and didn't get it. Never been a big fan of his (I think he typically gets more favourable calls than most other stars and gets away with the most travels since the leyland bros) but he put in an incredible series and think he was really ripped off not winning that MVP. I'm sure he doesnt care, but I think he should have gotten the nod.

Where to for both teams now? The Warriors are in an interesting situation. They need to offload some $$ and most assume David Lee will be shipped, but given the emergence of Ezeli as well as the Warriors small ball line ups, is it out of the realms of possibility that Bogut is the one moved? Lee's deal is expiring so they'll lose his contract is one more season anyway. Bogut would certainly command a better return. The Warriors can definitely get by with Ezeli, Lee, Green and Speights as their bigs.

LeBron probably cares.

I'd be very surprised if the dubs shipped Bogut out. He was a huge part of an historically great regular season and playoff push. Why ruin that formula?

A small ball line-up with Draymond starting at centre isn't sustainable over 82 games. Festus was great, but it was one series. Lee is gone. He wants more minutes/touches anyway.

Bogut still provides needed size definitely for the regular season and to counter the likes of Anthony Davis come the postseason. The reasons why Golden St. was able to exploit the Cavs by going small ball during the NBA Finals was because #1 they prefer to maintain their fast pace of play, if not accelerate it and #2 Cleveland lacked the overall team depth to match that of Golden St.'s. As for Lee, he's easy to go since his defense, though improved since his New York Knicks days, has never been top-level since he entered the NBA. What team is about to offer him more touches to go with his minutes right now?

Charlotte will get the 2017 NBA All-Star Weekend following Toronto, its first since 1991:
    http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report...HB5wuVsMBe7.97

All you 76ERS fans hoping Dario Saric will come to Philadelphia next season, you're going have to wait a little longer for him until likely 2017 after his 3-year Andofu Efes Pilsen contract from Turkey is up
    http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report...3uj1pwlfpRh.97