Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OzHo Awards 2014.

That's a shame, I've always seen these polls as a light-hearted break from the usual basketball grind.

I'd like to add a new category, if I may, "The No Brainer OzHo of the Year".

I vote for myself, & have my acceptance speech prepared.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Joe View Post
    ... Soooo.... voting nearly over... 3 people have responded.

One voted for nearly everyone that won last year.

One voted for himself in every category except one. ( Even the "worst" ones) .

The third PM'd me with an identical voting slip to the guy who voted for himself.

Still time if you want to vote.

This place has certainly gone to the dogs lately... or cats to be more accurate.

Hey Joe, I know it's been tough, but I have a few suggestions for next year's award.

On the Stupidest OzHo/Worst OzHo koberulz proved without a shadow of a doubt, in the "R16 - Townsville v Perth (23/1/15)" thread, that he's a shitload smarter than mattic, so maybe than can be amended in the next award thread.

Least Knowledgeable could also do with updating, as I've found that Kobe contributes quite well to basketball related discussions, so I'm in favour of his title being stripped. 2sc945, I'm not so sure of, but he's got some serious competition.

If I were you, I wouldn't be taking a lone avian as an indication of an impending solstice.
    If that were true, you wouldn't be posting here, and you'd only be writing in crayon.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Quote Originally Posted by mattic View Post
    If I were you, I wouldn't be taking a lone avian as an indication of an impending solstice.
    If that were true, you wouldn't be posting here, and you'd only be writing in crayon.
    Most Annoying, you've already got that stitched up, no point in another worthless post from you. Did I expect it? Well yes, I did.

There will be an awards thread after the Australia day Weekend.
    How long after?
    I can't wait to see Joe's integrity confirmed once and for all and his critics silenced by his fair and accurate reporting of the results.
    It's about time that people casting aspersions were firmly put in my place...
    Last edited by mattic; 29-01-2015 at 03:21 PM.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

Smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall.

I know I forgot. Again. I reckon leave it open until a week after the end of the season. People are more likely to participate when they're bored.
    "I think it's time to discuss your uh....philosophy of drug use as it relates to artistic endeavour"

Joe's got too much integrity to mess with the rules he set for the voting and awards.
    Perhaps we can hold your Golden Globes in April? Fnaaarrr!

Joe's got too much integrity to mess with the rules he set for the voting and awards.
    Perhaps we can hold your Golden Globes in April? Fnaaarrr!
    I see your vindictive swipe at Joe has been removed, being post #35 of this thread, where this post of mine now resides.

As you'd recall, I gave Joe a very hard time years ago, but not once, did I ever have cause to doubt his integrity.

So what's the basis of you doubting Joe's integrity?

This reminds me of a cartoon from a 1998 edition of One on One Magazine.

The lockout was on, and with no end in sight they wondered how the players would spend their time. They depicted Shaq, assisted by a walking stick and a grey haired Chris Dudley growing old together in a never ending free throw competition.
    Misinforming the Ozhoops community since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    I see your vindictive swipe at Joe has been removed, being post #35 of this thread, where this post of mine now resides.

As you'd recall, I gave Joe a very hard time years ago, but not once, did I ever have cause to doubt his integrity.

Beyond funny.

Beyond funny.
    I tell you what's funny, you've been known to cry in Mod InBoxes when I've overstepped your line of dignity, yet none of my shots at you came remotely close to the inflamed crap that you threw (in the deleted post #35) at Joe.

I politely ask again, so please answer, why you question Joe's integrity?

Earnestly funny. This is gold.

Earnestly funny. This is gold.
    OK, bust your balls laughing in your Iron Pyrites moment, then please, answer my question.

What's the basis of you doubting Joe's integrity?

Or in your quest for supremacy in literary flatulence, have you not come across the word explain?

You are way too predictable with your evasion techniques, just answer my simple question (do I have to repeat it again?), if you want to gain any cred.

Back Again? We'll see. Southern Joe's Avatar

OK, bust your balls laughing in your Iron Pyrites moment, then please, answer my question.

Or in your quest for supremacy in literary flatulence, have you not come across the word explain?
    I'll field this one.

In fact ... its gonna be close to my last post for a while ... so it'll be long.

I've wondered whether I could be bothered to post what I'm posting now .. there's apathy ( a reflection of how this place seems to be at times) & "got better things to do than engage mindlessly with some keyboard warriors looking to point-score with other faceless posters."

Warning!!!!

1. This post will most likely be long.... so stop reading now if you don't wanna read a long post.

2. Mod alert... there's a possible rule break, but there's a good reason for it.

3. If I do get an infraction... it shows that there's an inequality between posters.

4. There will be profanity .. but not from my direct posts.

First of all ..... the question above that DDFan wants answered.....

....... mattic is not trying to question my integrity .. its part of a long standing annual "joke" that I fell for 2 years running because I bit when he suggested that I would rig the OzHos.

I can't remember if said "joke" only played out in OFF TOPIC , or it did spill over here. So either mattic is having a laugh with you for not remembering some thing that wasn't worth remembering in the first place... or laughing at what you didn't know in the first place.

Lets clean up the OzHos & have the awards. Not much use having an actual awards show coz none of you would turn up anyways judging by the "response" the voting got.

Here's where the Mods may want to take notice.

One member said Clips for all awards ( Guess who ? )

One member said same as last year except for cussy to be OzHo of the year.

One member voted this way ...

Yah, I love these polls, so here are mine:

OzHo of the Year( singy)

Haven't seen much from singy, & can't think of any stand-outs

Funniest OzHO (cussy 5 years running)

Cussy for consistency, Dunkin' Dan for subtlety, Stumps for causing me to wet my pants twice.

Most Pleasant (meg.. the only person to ever be awarded with this one.)

meg lost it in the NBLtv thread, but still miles ahead.

Most Improved ( singy & Wild1)

Not sure

Most Knowledgeable - Tactical ( Coachpete)

Agree

Most Knowledgeable - Inside Info ( paul)

Agree

Most Missed MIA ( Hellcat)

Teh Derek, but he'd not a miss.

All of the ladies that have left.

Least Biased (Dunkin' Dan)

Agree

Wordsmith ( Stumps)

Agree

Smartest OzHo ( Stumps)

Agree

Services To The Boards - Internal (Silencer83)

Teh Derek, & all mods

Services to The Boards - External (paul)

Dunny Can Dan

Least Funniest OzHo(mattic)

Agree

Most Annoying(mattic)

Agree

Least Improved -The Slider (mattic)

Agree

Least Knowledgeable (koberulz & 2sc945)

I can't remeber

Least Missed ( Clint Dogg & Curious)

Isn't Clint Dogg, Face & Bum?

Most Biased ( Lethal Vertical )

Southern Joe, only because you want me to. ; )

Nastiest OzHo ? (mattic)

Agree, followed by daylight

Anti Wordsmith (everydayballer)

Not qualified to answer.

Stupidest OzHo/Worst OzHo (koberulz)

mattic

There also the "unofficial" awards .. ones that you make up yourself & are bestowed to the recipients as a one off.

Most fucked in the head sig

mattic

If you were deemed impotent on The Boards, which OzHo would want to father your child. NOT

mattic

Under the radar Ozho services to The Boards

Nerf Herder
    But here's where I'm gonna make an accusation & NOT care if I'm right or wrong .. ( but I believe I am right!)

Those of us that are part of OT & even those that pay any attention to mattic's sigs will know that he is a rampant atheist.

That being said ... here's mattic's voting slip as PMd to me....

OzHo of the Year mattic
    Funniest OzHO mattic
    Most Pleasant mattic
    Most Improved mattic
    Most Knowledgeable - Tactical mattic
    Most Knowledgeable - mattic
    Most Missed MIA mattic
    Least Biased mattic
    Wordsmith mattic
    Smartest OzHo mattic
    Services To The Boards - Internal Silencer83
    Services to The Boards - mattic
    Least Funniest OzHo mattic
    Most Annoying mattic
    Least Improved -The Slider mattic
    Least Knowledgeable mattic
    Least Missed mattic
    Most Biased mattic
    Nastiest OzHo - mattic
    Anti Wordsmith mattic
    Stupidest OzHo/Worst OzHo mattic
    A fair pisstake coz he doesn't have his "joke " to fall back on...

Then... one minute later ..... this comes into my inbox from what I reckon is his duplicate "gag" account, JeBus ....

OzHo of the Year mattic
    Funniest OzHO mattic
    Most Pleasant mattic
    Most Improved mattic
    Most Knowledgeable - Tactical mattic
    Most Knowledgeable - mattic
    Most Missed MIA mattic
    Least Biased mattic
    Wordsmith mattic
    Smartest OzHo mattic
    Services To The Boards - Internal Silencer83
    Services to The Boards - mattic
    Least Funniest OzHo mattic
    Most Annoying mattic
    Least Improved -The Slider mattic
    Least Knowledgeable mattic
    Least Missed mattic
    Most Biased mattic
    Nastiest OzHo - mattic
    Anti Wordsmith mattic
    Stupidest OzHo/Worst OzHo mattic
    So there's your awards.

BTW ... I've always wondered how mattic doesn't get more infractions.

This from Derek himself
    Effective immediately you will earn a 1-point infraction for
    - the word "fuck" or any derivatives or misspellings thereof
    - the word "c?nt" or any derivatives or misspellings thereof (the swear filter will take care of some of these)
    - using asterisks to obscure the actual word, then referring to them as Asterixes (because this annoys me)
    - any attempt to circumvent the swear filter, as I had to above to make my point!

Exceptions
    - use in the Plus forums, within reason (at the discretion of the admins)
    Go through mattic's posts ( there's plenty of them) ... it won't take you long to find profanity that is hard to put a normal context on. mattic can go from civility to profanity quicker than any other species on the planet.

Also... this on the rules http://ozhoopsboards.com/showthread.php?t=7301 is an interesting read .. count how many of these rules mattic has broken ..lol.

Att DDFan ... you also asked this question ...

Simple answer?? mattic put in the wrong place.... It was moved to a place where those who don't have access to OT get bitched about in a thread called " In Another Place".

http://ozhoopsboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3212

BTW .. that came not long after this charming gem from Mr Edit himself

Good to see I'm fucking DDFan into civility, using Joe as my condom.

This was obviously in reply to something matt figured out. He seems to believe that I fed DDFan info of happenings in OT. Guesss what? He's right. And it was my way of having some fun because he complained about me tagging along with some of DDFan's casual banter. AS DDFan alluded to earlier.. he & I used to go at it pretty good. I figured out his humour through a 3rd AND 4th party . ( Anyone want further info are welcome to PM me). Once I did that ... DDFan and I have been on a good footing for a few years now.

As for everything else... OT has become somewhat predictable ..... both the politics & religion threads are full of extreme view being hashed over again and again with selective biases at play.... & many good posters have long left the scene probably just sick and tired of the way this once great place has become.

Seeing less and less of you all

SJ

PS .... Clips summed it up perfectly with that tombstone.
    See what happens.

Good luck Derek.

InkSpot Preston Market

Good to see I'm fucking DDFan into civility, using Joe as my condom

BTW ... Just on that above quote ... why post something like that when you were soooooo up in arms over a friendly jibe where I suggested that you and another poster who were having an overly long winded conversation "get a room"
    See what happens.

Good luck Derek.

InkSpot Preston Market

So I still have never won anything?

Fuck this shit.

I couldnt remember my multi log in details to place extra votes.
    Last edited by Clips; 08-02-2015 at 10:44 AM.

No one was seriously doubting the integrity in regards to the awards. It's been a running gag for about 8 years, funny to everyone except Joe.

Long story short, when Joe used to run the 5-1 quizzes, the suggestion was made that he include the answer in size 0 "invisible font" in the same post as the question, knowing that by hitting quote you would see the answer.

Joe didn't think of this, and did so a few times before realising that you could solve the quiz just by quoting him.

<snip white noise>
    I believe the correct response is: Umadbro?
    Seems to pass for argument with the young folk...
    I could do more, but, unlike Joe, I keep OT and NBL Forums separate. It's against the rules to do otherwise.
    Last edited by mattic; 08-02-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clips View Post
    No one was seriously doubting the integrity in regards to the awards. It's been a running gag for about 8 years, funny to everyone except Joe.

Long story short, when Joe used to run the 5-1 quizzes, the suggestion was made that he include the answer in size 0 "invisible font" in the same post as the question, knowing that by hitting quote you would see the answer.

Joe didn't think of this, and did so a few times before realising that you could solve the quiz just by quoting him.
    I could possibly have instigated the invisible font thing on this open forum, but I'm not sure that it was 8 years or more ago. ???
    What I know, is that I copped plenty of infractions by invisible posting (trying to be subtle), & surprise surprise, they were aimed at mattic.

This should give a clue who Joe quoted.

"Most fucked in the head sig

mattic"

I've had another think about that, his long winded sig twice before last, I thought he'd plagiarised Christopher Hitchens (see my sig), but maybe Christopher Hitchens is guilty of living off of mattic's intellectual genius, & is the guilty party. Google is your friend.

Anyways, before I finish stirring the pot, I put it to you all, who's integrity should be under scrutiny?

So on behalf of the "Chuckle Brothers", I invite you to enjoy this discussion further in the privileged "Off Topic Forum".

Integrity check
    Last edited by DDFan; 08-02-2015 at 12:38 PM.

I could do more, but, unlike Joe, I keep OT and NBL Forums separate. It's against the rule to do otherwise.
    Dammit, again, I've taken way too long to compose & submit my posts, mattic's posted the ultimate comeback, which can't disputed.

If I didn't know better, I'd guess that mattic played rugby, & took it in the head more that Linda Lovelcae.

Can this thread me made a stickie?
    Last edited by DDFan; 08-02-2015 at 12:40 PM.

I could do more, but, unlike Joe, I keep OT and NBL Forums separate. It's against the rules to do otherwise.
    Show me the rule that says I can't reveal what was said in a post in OT here ?
    See what happens.

Good luck Derek.

InkSpot Preston Market