Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56

Thread: 2015/2016 Grand Final Series - Perth Wildcats vs New Zealand Breakers

  1. #1

    Default 2015/2016 Grand Final Series - Perth Wildcats vs New Zealand Breakers

    Fitting that these 2 teams once again are in the Grand Final, and with one of these 2 teams in every grand final since 2010 and the title going to one of these teams also. NZ have won 4 and Perth 2 in that time, but 2 of NZ's titles have come against Perth.

    This is the first time that Perth have had home court advantage against the Breakers in the Grand Final. Will that be enough? NZ have shown in last years GF and in the semi's this year that they can win away, then come home to close the series out in 2.

    Perth must win game 1 IMO. Going to NZ down 0-1 will make it very tough.

    NZ are on a 10 game winning streak in the playoffs and their lucky charm - Cedric Jackson, has won a championship every season he has played in the NBL.

    Grand Final game one will be held on Wednesday 2 March, tip-off 6:30pm AWST at Perth Arena.

    Grand Final game two will be held on Friday 4 March, tip-off 2:30pm AWST in New Zealand.

    If the series is tied at one game each after two games, it will move to a third and deciding game. This game (if required) will be held on Sunday 6 March, tip-off TBC at Perth Arena.

    I think the Wildcats will in in 3 games, but as a Wildcats fan, I am very nervous of the Breakers. They are our nemesis in the playoffs.

    Casey Prather for Grand Final MVP.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe
    Posts
    2,107

    Talking

    Heh heh.
    OMFG this is for Real!!!! * Shocked *

    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

    TFRENBAA

  3. #3

    Default Jawai

    In light of the tough travel schedule for the GF series, IF and I mean IF the Wildcats win game 1, should they leave Jawai at home and have him rested and fit for game 3?
    Just throwing it out there!!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    In light of the tough travel schedule for the GF series, IF and I mean IF the Wildcats win game 1, should they leave Jawai at home and have him rested and fit for game 3?
    Just throwing it out there!!
    I just had the same thought.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all and it makes too much sense if Cats take game 1 to go this course of action.
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe
    Posts
    2,107

    Cool

    Let's unite and fight for Jawai!
    OMFG this is for Real!!!! * Shocked *

    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

    TFRENBAA

  6. #6

    Default

    Saw on ten news last night that NZ will fly out right after game 1, with the cats on the advice of a sleep specialist (or someone to that effect) flying out the next day.
    Wildcats member from 1994 to 2008.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Saw on ten news last night that NZ will fly out right after game 1, with the cats on the advice of a sleep specialist (or someone to that effect) flying out the next day.
    There's absolute no time to review the games with the travel time taken into consideration.

    Does Bendat own a private jet we can take?
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  8. #8

    Default

    Not sure, but isn't he friends with Kerry Stokes? Im sure Kerry would have one somewhere that he could lend us?
    25 seasons as a Wildcats member.

    NBL Dream Team FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/NBLDreamTeam

  9. #9

    Default

    At the very least fly them in first class...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 15 View Post
    At the very least fly them in first class...
    Channel 10 just reported the flight for Wildcats is going to be very uncomfortable as NZ has booked out all the first class seats.
    Am assuming that is for the trip back to Perth if they are leaving at different times after game 1.
    Wildcats member from 1994 to 2008.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Channel 10 just reported the flight for Wildcats is going to be very uncomfortable as NZ has booked out all the first class seats.
    Am assuming that is for the trip back to Perth if they are leaving at different times after game 1.
    If Bendat really is all about winning, then time for him to splash some cash for the most important flight of the season.
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  12. #12

    Default

    Trev just on 6pr saying something about a miscommunication with the NBL over flights getting back from NZ. Didn't sound good.

    3 games in 5 days, the positives just keeping mounting up!

    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Traitor View Post
    Trev just on 6pr saying something about a miscommunication with the NBL over flights getting back from NZ. Didn't sound good.

    3 games in 5 days, the positives just keeping mounting up!

    Yeah heard that, something about the Melb to NZ flight not being booked to get there on Thursday
    Cats member since 06/07

  14. #14

    Default

    I already hate this GF series and it hasn't even begun yet
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  15. #15

    Default

    Big scheduling mistake by the league. Absolute lunacy having the showcase series of the season potentially compromised by the insanely short turnaround times.

    This schedule would be lunacy no matter which two teams were playing, let alone the two farthest apart in the comp.

    Hopefully the Breakers have been smart in arriving in Perth earlier than they normally would have. Strategy is clearly to win it in two having shelled out on first class flights home directly after game one.

  16. #16

    Smile

    The Hawks and Melbourne have no problem with the scheduling

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Copy View Post
    Big scheduling mistake by the league. Absolute lunacy having the showcase series of the season potentially compromised by the insanely short turnaround times.

    This schedule would be lunacy no matter which two teams were playing, let alone the two farthest apart in the comp.

    Hopefully the Breakers have been smart in arriving in Perth earlier than they normally would have. Strategy is clearly to win it in two having shelled out on first class flights home directly after game one.
    Exactly my thoughts, it's rushed no matter which teams were in, but with it now being Perth/NZ it's CRAZY..
    Wildcats member from 1994 to 2008.

  18. #18

    Default

    Crazy first quarter. Perth deservedly ahead by ten purely on energy.

    Breakers need to wake up.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe
    Posts
    2,107

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    The Hawks and Melbourne have no problem with the scheduling
    For sure.
    OMFG this is for Real!!!! * Shocked *

    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

    TFRENBAA

  20. #20

    Default

    Well.. Looks like the travel's going to show for Game Three.

    The Breakers could've choked that a few times, but some big shots by Abercrombie and Webster turned the tables. Mika was big as usual, and anytime a development player gets key defensive minutes over two contracted guards (including in the last 10 seconds of a GF Game 2), that's notable. Shea Ili's one to watch for next season (if only he could gain a corner 3).

  21. #21

    Default

    Holy hell, the Wildcats had many many chances to take the lead in those final minutes but really blew it.
    Ugh now travel all the way back to Perth for a game three in less than 2 days.

    The NBL needs to be shot for this scheduling. Absolutely disgraceful.
    Wildcats member from 1994 to 2008.

  22. #22

    Default

    Home crowd to get us through

    Bring on Sunday where we exact three Championships worth of revenge
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  23. #23

    Default

    Almost sold out already
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    I'm think'n the 'Cats did enough to make the game look legit, & that Sunday will be a day of celebration for the club & their loyal fans.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    I'm think'n the 'Cats did enough to make the game look legit, & that Sunday will be a day of celebration for the club & their loyal fans.
    I concur
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •