Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56

Thread: 2015/2016 Grand Final Series - Perth Wildcats vs New Zealand Breakers

  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Traitor View Post
    Almost sold out already
    Not really, the members seats are all reserved until 12pm tomorrow, then any un-sold members seats go on sale to the public.

    Considering that the link in the email the Wildcats sent out after game 2 doesn't work for members, and you then have to go to the Ticketek main website and search for it, then go into the members pre-sale, I'd say alot of members will be calling the cats to work out why their codes aren't working to buy tickets.

    Not really good when there is a limited amount of time for members to buy tickets.

    But I'd say it will be a sellout. A heap of my mates that are members didn't go to any of the semi's or GF game 1, due to the cost, and were hoping that it went to a 3rd game, so they will go. It's bloody expensive otherwise.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    I'm think'n the 'Cats did enough to make the game look legit, & that Sunday will be a day of celebration for the club & their loyal fans.
    We played pretty crap TBH. Turnovers, gave up too many rebounds..... Very lucky to actually have a chance at the end.

    Hopefully the home game advantage of game 3 will get us over the line.

    Full credit to the Breakers, they took the cats out of their offensive rhythm, especially Jawai.

    Beal, Wagstaff and Redhage really kept us in it at critical times.

    Oh, and that unsportsmanlike on Cedric was the right call, based on the same call when Perth played in NZ earlier in the year when Jawai was called for an unsportsmanlike for doing the came thing to Abercrombie.

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    Not really, the members seats are all reserved until 12pm tomorrow, then any un-sold members seats go on sale to the public.

    Considering that the link in the email the Wildcats sent out after game 2 doesn't work for members, and you then have to go to the Ticketek main website and search for it, then go into the members pre-sale, I'd say alot of members will be calling the cats to work out why their codes aren't working to buy tickets.

    Not really good when there is a limited amount of time for members to buy tickets.

    But I'd say it will be a sellout. A heap of my mates that are members didn't go to any of the semi's or GF game 1, due to the cost, and were hoping that it went to a 3rd game, so they will go. It's bloody expensive otherwise.
    Ok well I was able to get tix as a member of the general public already, so thought it was a massive free for all?
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  4. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Traitor View Post
    Ok well I was able to get tix as a member of the general public already, so thought it was a massive free for all?
    Nah, members seats that haven't been purchased by the member at 12pm today go on sale to the public.

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    Nah, members seats that haven't been purchased by the member at 12pm today go on sale to the public.
    Doesn't seem like anything changed at 12 on the website.

    Or maybe all members got their tix
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Traitor View Post
    Home crowd to get us through

    Bring on Sunday where we exact three Championships worth of revenge
    Or Sunday's the day where we confirm our status over the NBL in the 2010's and repeat what happened in 2013

  7. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    We played pretty crap TBH. Turnovers, gave up too many rebounds..... Very lucky to actually have a chance at the end.

    Hopefully the home game advantage of game 3 will get us over the line.

    Full credit to the Breakers, they took the cats out of their offensive rhythm, especially Jawai.

    Beal, Wagstaff and Redhage really kept us in it at critical times.

    Oh, and that unsportsmanlike on Cedric was the right call, based on the same call when Perth played in NZ earlier in the year when Jawai was called for an unsportsmanlike for doing the came thing to Abercrombie.
    Agree with all you've said, though I thought both teams shared their moments of playing crap, but intimidation defence can make it look that way.

    Game 3 should be a cracker.
    Last edited by DDFan; 05-03-2016 at 03:27 PM.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    Agree with all you've said, though I thought both teams shared their moments of playing crap, but intimidation defence can make it look that way.

    Game 3 should be a cracker.
    I agree, NZ were more desperate, and wanted it more.

    I think whoever out of Webber, Abercrombie, Beal and Prather can put some points on the board, that will push their team over the line.

    Should be a great game!

  9. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    I think whoever out of Webster, Abercrombie, Beal and Prather can put some points on the board, that will push their team over the line.
    Agree. I'm hoping that Nate pulls up OK after the flight back home, because that could be a huge factor.

    There's a lot to be learnt from game 2 for both sides (& the refs), whoever adjusts better will prevail.

    Either way (win or lose), the 'Cats game call will soothe my ears, & in my world, Wesley should never, ever again, be let off the hook with only 2 fouls in 15 minutes of play. Apolgies Soft Copy, I'm calling it as I see it.

    BTW, I missed to 1st quarter of game 2, why was Barlett a DNP?
    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    Should be a great game!
    Agree.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  10. #35

    Default

    I'll just leave this here

    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

  11. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Thumbs up

    Congrats to the Wildcats organisation, the players, support staff, & the amazing Red Army.

    My only regret, is that I can't celebrate with you guys, go nuts, but be safe.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  12. #37

    Default

    seriously, if you wouldn't turn gay for Marto you must be a f****t

  13. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sachmo View Post
    seriously, if you wouldn't turn gay for Marto you must be a f****t
    I inclined to excuse Sachmo for his post, obviously a heavy night of celebrating, & why wouldn't he.

    I'm giving him points for being the first to rise above his hangover, & posting his thoughts, .
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  14. #39

    Default

    Just got back from the championship presentation in the city. Wasn't a big crowd but made up for it with noise. Still coming down from the win yesterday, just fantastic.
    Cats member since 06/07

  15. #40

    Default

    First of all a congrats to the Cats on their win. It came on the back of superior effort and smarts.

    BUT

    Perth are not a pretty team to watch as an impartial and so I could not get in to any of the GF games very much at all. Their style is just too much of a hard slog.

    I am normally a fan of the effort stuff but there was just too little of the exiting and/or finesse components to excite me even a little.

    If you are invested in a particular team how the win occurs matters little.

    Disappointing end to a great season as a long term fan who watches just about every game every season when they are available to watch.
    Last edited by fan since the old snakepit; 07-03-2016 at 06:42 PM.

  16. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    First of all a congrats to the Cats on their win. It came on the back of superior effort and smarts.

    BUT

    Perth are not a pretty team to watch as an impartial and so I could not get in to any of the GF games very much at all. Their style is just too much of a hard slog.

    I am normally a fan of the effort stuff but there was just too little of the exiting and/or finesse components to excite me even a little.

    If you are invested in a particular team how the win occurs matters little.

    Disappointing end to a great season as a long term fan who watches just about every game every season when they are available to watch.
    +1

  17. #42

    Default

    Casey and Nate's dunk not flashy enough?
    Damo's defense not intense enough?
    I love it. Yes I'm a Wildcats fan but there is a reason for that- because they play consistently well and are a true team, not just a bunch of players
    Cats member since 06/07

  18. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    First of all a congrats to the Cats on their win. It came on the back of superior effort and smarts.

    BUT

    Perth are not a pretty team to watch as an impartial and so I could not get in to any of the GF games very much at all. Their style is just too much of a hard slog.

    I am normally a fan of the effort stuff but there was just too little of the exiting and/or finesse components to excite me even a little.

    If you are invested in a particular team how the win occurs matters little.

    Disappointing end to a great season as a long term fan who watches just about every game every season when they are available to watch.
    I see your point, but it is what it is and as you said, if your team wins, how they win matters little.

    You wouldn't be complaining if the Hawks played the way the Wildcats do and the Hawks had of won it all

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    First of all a congrats to the Cats on their win. It came on the back of superior effort and smarts.

    BUT .....
    Generally, when one congratulates someone, they smile and they walk on.

    This is like congratulating a young man for landing his first job as a graduate Accountant then telling him if he had studied harder he could have been a Doctor instead.

    It lacks class.

  20. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    As an "impartial", I fail to see how anyone could dump on the 'Cats for winning another title.

    I would've loved nothing better than a 'Cats/Hawks grand final series, but it wasn't to be. The Hawks copped a shitload of grief with Kevin getting injured early in the 2nd game of the semifinals, but it was an accident, & shit happens. To his credit, he made himself available for game 3, & to a large degree, Bevo would've made the final decision whether or not to play him. Who'd deny him the chance, I don't know, but I'm certain that I would've played him. OK, it didn't work out, but it was worth a shot.

    On a tangent (from me, who would've guessed?), I recall an OzHo (forget who) bagging Bevo for his history of rough stuff tactics, but woah, he's now the head coach of the Hawks.

    To cut my rant short, consider what this season would've been like under the old NBL admin.

    No influx of funds distributed fairly across the league, & FFS, the provider taking it on the chin that his team got swept in the 1st round, by a team lucky to even make the finals.

    I love yah FOTOS, but suck it up, the 'Cats have continued on predominantly from what Bevo brought to the table.
    Last edited by DDFan; 08-03-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  21. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    As an "impartial", I fail to see how anyone could dump on the 'Cats for winning another title.

    I would've loved nothing better than a 'Cats/Hawks grand final series, but it wasn't to be. The Hawks copped a shitload of grief with Kevin getting injured early in the 2nd game of the semifinals, but it was an accident, & shit happens. To his credit, he made himself available for game 3, & to a large degree, Bevo would've made the final decision whether or not to play him. Who'd deny him the chance, I don't know, but I'm certain that I would've played him. OK, it didn't work out, but it was worth a shot.

    On a tangent (from me, who would've guessed?), I recall an OzHo (forget who) bagging Bevo for his history of rough stuff tactics, but woah, he's now the head coach of the Hawks.

    To cut my rant short, consider what this season would've been like under the old NBL admin.

    No influx of funds distributed fairly across the league, & FFS, the provider taking it on the chin that his team got swept in the 1st round, by a team lucky to even make the finals.

    I love yah FOTOS, but suck it up, the 'Cats have continued on predominantly from what Bevo brought to the table.

    It was game 1 of the semi's that Lisch got hurt, but who's counting

    Bevo left it to Kevin to decide if he was going to play in game 3. He actually told me he was no chance for game 2, and didn't think he would be any chance for game 3. Bevo then said that if the medical staff cleared Lisch that he would play if he wanted.

    Bevo actually said to Kevin that he needed to think about his future before making a decision to rush back, as he has the Olympics (possibly) and Puerto Rico coming up.

    The cat's play a rough, tough defensively minded game, as the core of their players play that way. Martin, Knight, Wagstaff, Hire etc are all that way, and all came in from Bevo.

    The Hawks didn't play that way, as their players aren't suited to that style.

  22. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fan since the old snakepit View Post
    First of all a congrats to the Cats on their win. It came on the back of superior effort and smarts.

    BUT

    Perth are not a pretty team to watch as an impartial and so I could not get in to any of the GF games very much at all. Their style is just too much of a hard slog.

    I am normally a fan of the effort stuff but there was just too little of the exiting and/or finesse components to excite me even a little.

    If you are invested in a particular team how the win occurs matters little.

    Disappointing end to a great season as a long term fan who watches just about every game every season when they are available to watch.
    You still upset about Prathers dunk on Ogilvy FSTOS? RIP Ogilvy

  23. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    6,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    It was game 1 of the semi's that Lisch got hurt, but who's counting
    Ooops, I've been caught out again. You're absolutely right, the Hawks took the 2nd game without him.
    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    Bevo left it to Kevin to decide if he was going to play in game 3. He actually told me he was no chance for game 2, and didn't think he would be any chance for game 3. Bevo then said that if the medical staff cleared Lisch that he would play if he wanted.

    Bevo actually said to Kevin that he needed to think about his future before making a decision to rush back, as he has the Olympics (possibly) and Puerto Rico coming up.
    Shows the true character of both, & truly, I wouldn't have expected anything else. Top blokes, & pure class.
    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    The cat's play a rough, tough defensively minded game, as the core of their players play that way. Martin, Knight, Wagstaff, Hire etc are all that way, and all came in from Bevo.

    The Hawks didn't play that way, as their players aren't suited to that style.
    Right on, & Ogilvy lost points for being a chump & sook. Not sure which game it was, but a couple of minutes before the half, Bevo called a time out, & AJ was muttered to himself & sooked the whole time.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

  24. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    I see your point, but it is what it is and as you said, if your team wins, how they win matters little.

    You wouldn't be complaining if the Hawks played the way the Wildcats do and the Hawks had of won it all
    Which is exactly what I said. If you are invested in the team it matters little how. If you understand the game you also admire what the Cats have done and I tip my hat to them.

    What I am saying is that if you are a fan of the game and don't have a dog in the fight but also enjoy watching exciting basketball from an aesthetic point of view the finals series was quite boring and an anti climax on the season.

    Is that too hard for you one eyed fans to grasp.

    And where anyone drew an inference that I was upset I do not know.

    I guess only those Cats fans who enjoy watching most of the other NBL games might understand that that finals series was ordinary on the eye.

  25. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BellBivDevoe View Post
    Generally, when one congratulates someone, they smile and they walk on.

    This is like congratulating a young man for landing his first job as a graduate Accountant then telling him if he had studied harder he could have been a Doctor instead.

    It lacks class.
    It is an observation from someone who has watched more than their fair share of NBL.

    I was looking forward to watching a great series. The finals series games were shit to watch IMO. Why cant I make that observation while still admiring how the Cats won.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •