Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats should refuse to fly and forfeit Game 2

Default Cats should refuse to fly and forfeit Game 2

I don't see any benefits to flying around 16,000kms in 2 days.

Stay home until Sunday, rest up and come out all guns blazing in game three.

NBL has no one to blame but themselves for this insane scheduling.
    Will you take a 5 Dennis, take a 5 please!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Traitor View Post

That's not going to happen!

It would be a good bet though.

Especially as NZ has already flown out.

Imagine that. It's the best strategic move in my opinion.

Back yourself in one game because you are more well rested than the other team.
    No Signature.

Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe

Gameday

That would be the most cunning plan in NBL history. I actually think this plan would give the Wildcats a better chance of winning the championship. The Breakers have shown they are fully capable of beating the Wildcats on their home court even after a bad start. The crucial Jarrod Kenny steal was the difference, otherwise it would be overtime last night.

The signing of Shame McDonald over Jarrod Kenny was the Breakers' worst decision in club history.
    Last edited by 2sc945; 03-03-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    OMFG this is for Real!!!! * Shocked *

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA

I'd enjoy watching this happen.
    As far as we know, we are the first and only instance of the Universe becoming aware of itself. Given long enough, carbon begins to wonder where it came from.

If that happened, any professional sporting league would punish the forfeiting team by awarding the whole championship to their opponents and fine them the cost of the venue hire and ticket refunds.
    Ozhoops March Madness: It's back for 2011! Current bracket here

Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, The Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    If that happened, any professional sporting league would punish the forfeiting team by awarding the whole championship to their opponents and fine them the cost of the venue hire and ticket refunds.
    If that is the case, the Wildcats can play dirty basketball by sending their Development Squad over there with only one goal in their minds: injure as many Breakers star players as possible.
    Last edited by 2sc945; 03-03-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    OMFG this is for Real!!!! * Shocked *

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

TFRENBAA

Brilliant - so the club officials behind that plan go from being fined and stripped of the championship, to prison instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sc945 View Post
    If that is the case, the Wildcats can play dirty basketball by sending their Development Squad over there with only one goal in their minds: injure as many Breakers star players as possible.
    Sending only low level players would be a master stroke, especially since the Breakers are already home, & need to return to Perth for game 3.

I'm not biting on the rest of your post.
    "Box of Chocolates" OzHo.

Send the same team they sent to Sydney. Simple.

Back Again? We'll see. Southern Joe's Avatar

That sort of thinking means that you guys aren't worthy of being champs.

A truly champion team would go over to their opponents' court & take that title away from them then & there.

(2003 anyone??)
    See what happens.

Good luck Derek.

InkSpot Preston Market

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Joe View Post
    (2003 anyone??)
    Last time Sydney made the finals?

I'm going by my shaky memory, but I'm pretty sure during his pre-Sydney Kings days, Goorj rested his starters (against Brisbane?). Thing is, back then, the finals weren't rushed like they are now, yet the strategy was a complete fail.

While it all sounds good in theory, how stupid would we look if NZ forced a game three because of that and beat us on our home court?
    I've seen 3 gf losses in Perth and it's the worst thing ever and considering NZ are one of those three teams, I want to see the series finished today no matter how glorious seeing a championship won at home is and no matter how ridiculous the scheduling of this gf series has been.
    Wildcats member from 1994 to 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    While it all sounds good in theory, how stupid would we look if NZ forced a game three because of that and beat us on our home court?
    I've seen 3 gf losses in Perth and it's the worst thing ever and considering NZ are one of those three teams, I want to see the series finished today no matter how glorious seeing a championship won at home is and no matter how ridiculous the scheduling of this gf series has been.
    I've only seen 2, didn't go to 2003. I win

in 2009 and 2014 I prayed for a Game 2 loss to celebrate at home, but this year I will take a game 2 win.

NZ getting a ton of rubbish calls they would never get in Perth

Prather's shot is still terrible

Can't have him back if he's gonna choke in GFs

Back Again? We'll see. Southern Joe's Avatar

BTW ... The maths is also way out.

Perth to Auckland = 5,343 kms. Thats 10,686 kms round trip.

Sydney beat Perth in Sydney on the Friday night in 2003 , then went to Perth on the Sunday arvo to win GF2 & our first title... hence the 2003 question from before.
    See what happens.

Good luck Derek.

InkSpot Preston Market

Prather's shot is still terrible

Can't have him back if he's gonna choke in GFs
    That's a hard call, so I ask, is Webster's crap, he played 5 more minutes, & 4 of his 10 point total came from the charity stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    1993, 2003 and 2013? I was at all of those too

I've only seen 2, didn't go to 2003. I win

in 2009 and 2014 I prayed for a Game 2 loss to celebrate at home, but this year I will take a game 2 win.
    You mean 2010 and 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Joe View Post
    BTW ... The maths is also way out.

Perth to Auckland = 5,343 kms. Thats 10,686 kms round trip.

Sydney beat Perth in Sydney on the Friday night in 2003 , then went to Perth on the Sunday arvo to win GF2 & our first title... hence the 2003 question from before.
    NZ are the ones that will have 3 flights before game 3, which is about 16,000kms.

Quote Originally Posted by illusiv View Post
    You mean 2010 and 2014?
    Yep sorry lolz

Quote Originally Posted by DDFan View Post
    I'm going by my shaky memory, but I'm pretty sure during his pre-Sydney Kings days, Goorj rested his starters (against Brisbane?). Thing is, back then, the finals weren't rushed like they are now, yet the strategy was a complete fail.
    Yes, as Titans coach he rested his top players for the last regular season game against Brisbane when he had the top seed sewn up. He then went on to lose the next two playoff rounds (back when top seed got a second bite).

Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    Yes, as Titans coach he rested his top players for the last regular season game against Brisbane when he had the top seed sewn up. He then went on to lose the next two playoff rounds (back when top seed got a second bite).
    You guys have amazing memories